Talking Thematics

Shadowcade

Building on a theme. I usually build around an idea, then flesh out a quick background but for this. I am unsure how to proceed.

The Idea:

I basically made a super team for the sake of just having a base to store stuff from my characters. Then I had the thought.  A character to memorize the basic IO’s. Who I could send info to cover the cost and have make those IO’s to clear up some clutter. Maybe later have run missions for merits to seek out specific recipes to build and put into storage for specific characters.

A dedicated crafter.

But then my brain stalled….  

I already made a tech inventor of sorts. Robots forcefields. Don’t want to re-use those sets.

So I’m at a loss and looking for suggestions power-wise.

While I easily lean towards Tech or Magic Origin, I am blanking on a theme and powerset to roll with it.

Need something to spark the mental engine.

However, let’s not just make this about me… ME!!!! MWAHAHAHA *cough*

I am curious, what kind of themes have you come up with?

Did you have a goal from the start or did it build itself around the powers you wanted to use?

You role-play around it or did you just really want to build it?

Me, I’m a casual when it comes to role-play. I like to type in reaction comments to current situations from time to time. Makes the situation feel more alive somehow. I mainly like to build the characters. Put together those Legos and see if the finish meets the imagination.

You could always make a Mad Scientist... ("Mad Science is Best Science!" Vernon says-)

A friend on Everlasting has a Magic-origin crafter who's an immortal blacksmith. 'Dude's been wandering around and tinkering with things since the Middle Ages. 

Powerset-wise they could be almost anything. My own Mad Scientist back in the retail days was a Rad Defender. That blacksmith is, IIRC, a Broadsword/WP Scrapper. 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 2/15/2024 at 5:41 PM, Shadowcade said:

I already made a tech inventor of sorts. Robots forcefields. Don’t want to re-use those sets.

An arms dealer or a military industrialist could be a fun hook, gives some freedom with AT selection.

• Like 1

Use @Tsaurian to find me everywhere!  Currently most active on Excelsior.

dGrUO4H.pngWUBQUXA.pngdtigTkb.pngoh6wE78.png

A "broker" type character. They deal in magical antiquities, obscure objects of alien origin, high-tech confiscated off imprisoned villains, nanoviral genetic splicers combined with a growing gene inventory.  They're  not the master of any of it, but they know how to get it and they know the right people to then customize it to a particular client.    Probably a defender, the powers are the various tools they keep on hand that can enhance their allies in-battle- at least for the short-term.   A showcase, perhaps... or... for the more nefarious salesman... "first one's free, but there's more where that came from."

• Like 1

Natural Origin.

RP wise the character does not craft anything, they just collect and maybe repair things, it's just someone with an eye for objects which might be useful or valuable.

Of course having all those valuable objects gathering dust is just a waste so they would lend those objects to friends, for a deposit in case they break them

• Like 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

A follow-up and a thank you. Got the imagination going. Ended up with this character mixing a ton of IO enhancements. I had one other character with the potential to do it and may even make her a secondary person to do it. You know what, I will add her background here too.   Both let me play with powersets I wanted to mess with. Let us introduce Professor Songbird. I'm gonna have a bit of a time with alt outfits, need to keep a face mask or a bubble on her. Voice regulation you know. And the fact some of the poison powers are spit. Did not know that.

Again, thanks for the suggestions/ideas. Got the hamster to start moving the wheel again.

Professor Songbird.jpg

Freshwater Unit 0 Background.jpg