CAN WE FIX: The Naga/Razer Tray?

(Last of three similar topics... for now.)

One of the weird, hardware-specific leftovers in the game is the special tray for the Razer Naga mouse. It can be enabled in Menu/Options and I've found it to be a useful addition to the other tear-off trays. But despite a window name (and I seem to recall a slash command, but that may have been erroneous), the tray can only be enabled from the Options menu, and is then universal across alts. With no control line in the options.txt menu, it seemingly can't be customized on a per-alt basis as the other trays can.

Yes, there are plenty of trays available for most setups. But this is a special and kind of wasted resource. So...

• Can the Razer tray be attached to the window slash commands for show, hide and rescale, and/or get an options.txt entry to allow better per-alt control?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I'm *suspecting* this would be trickier because unlike the other trays it's tied to being used with specific hardware. (Sort of like resolution is set per machine, and couldn't really be adjusted per character)

Whether that could be changed or not? No idea.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Maybe, but it seems to act just like any other tray, and does seem to be saving changes on a per-alt basis. The only thing that's cross-alts is show/hide.

But you may be right; it may be bolted to something that wouldn't allow different control. It'd be nice if the slash command worked, though, so that turning it off and on could be more easily accomplished than a slog through the menus.

I found a note that says it's reconfigurable by dragging the edges; forgot to test that a few minutes ago. Not sure if that's still true since it was purposed to map to the mouse's sidebutton layout.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

There is already a similar tray (just reversed) available. If I remember correctly that tray was made because the Nega Tray was coded in such a way it couldn’t be changed.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

13 hours ago, Lockely said:

I find the Naga tray absolutely perfect for MMs who want a quick reference to their numpad keybinds, simply because it is reverse with the tray number below.

Ooooh!

14 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

There is already a similar tray (just reversed) available. If I remember correctly that tray was made because the Nega Tray was coded in such a way it couldn’t be changed.

Just enable the slash command keyword so it can be called and hidden, if not resized. Good enough. Should not need any deep reprogramming.

Here's the fix I want for it, if possible. Can it be removed from its default bind settings? Right now it takes over your base 1-0 binds when enabled, which makes things awkward.

Alternatively, if thats too hard can we have a way to swap the position of the numbers on our existing trays when theyre in 3x4 lineup?

• Thumbs Up 1

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

5 hours ago, Lockely said:

Here's the fix I want for it, if possible. Can it be removed from its default bind settings? Right now it takes over your base 1-0 binds when enabled, which makes things awkward.

Ugh, hadn't noticed that... and it's a hard bind. Reloading regular binds and such doesn't overwrite those, so you use the Razer tray as Tray 1 or nothin'.

Never mind, I guess. Nice feature of almost no use, but it's probably too hardwired to all the junky settings to be made useful.

12 hours ago, Lockely said:

Alternatively, if thats too hard can we have a way to swap the position of the numbers on our existing trays when theyre in 3x4 lineup?

This is the solution to everything that's been mentioned so far, in my opinion. If there was a way to put the tray number at the end of the 3x4 layout instead of the front the naga tray could quite literally be removed from the game altogether.

• Like 1