Merits

Gabeet

Play a lot after 50 or run DA arcs. Some of the arcs will drop/offer them as rewards for finishin the arc.

Heather Townsend is an pretty easy arc to speed through. The arc reward Is 1 emp merits and a random incarnate salvage. 

@Etched

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Gabeet said:

What is the best way to get  Empyrean Merit for a Solo only Player

Vet levels.  Every third gives you 20 (until 100).  You can "farm" the Unai (second) "close the ruptures" Council mish.  Since it's not in AE, it gives general gameplay rewards in XP and Infl.  Don't close the ruptures, kill the map, exit, reset, rinse, repeat.  On 54/8, it gives almost a full vet level, each solo run.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

1 hour ago, PLVRIZR said:

Vet levels.  Every third gives you 20 (until 100). 

This is incorrect.  Once you hit 50 vet lvl 3, it starts dropping 20 emp merits. However, after vet lvl 25 or so (give or take a vet lvl or so) the emp merits drops start to diminish until it only drops 5 pre vet lvl and ends at vet lvl 99. 

It is a great way to earn the 78 emp merits to purchase the threads for common, uncom, rare, and very rare. But.... One toon cannot generate enough emp merits to completely do all incarnates  to T4. :classic_sad:

This is when DA comes into play. Runnin or farming certain arcs will help fill in some of the incarnate pieces that it takes to finish them.

And let's not forget the I-trials. Completion of any of the trials will give an emp merit and a random incarnate piece as a reward. 

The DA mish doesn't have an 18/20?hr reset timer like the trials do so keep that in mind.

@Etched

Edited by Etched

1 hour ago, SupaFreak said:

Pulled from Homecoming Wiki ---> Veteran Levels - Unofficial Homecoming Wiki

Level Range Merits Granted
3-24 20
27-48 15
51-69 10
72-99 5

Other than that, as stated Heather Townsend's arc is IMO the best way to attain as a Solo Player and build up your Incarnate Abilities

Thanks SF.  I stand corrected.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I also agree that Heather Townshends arc is the best. I believe one of the reward options is a second Empyrean Merit.

Those missions can be used as a sort of farm as well. From memory, turning up the spawn sizes to x8 and running that arc twice is just about the right amount of spawns to get a Purple or PVP recipe (assuming all mobiles are cleared).

When I was doing this regularly, a blitz run takes about 11 minutes while a full sweep (with an AoE DPS character) took a little over 30 minutes to clear.

You will need a LOT less Emp merits if you run Heather Townsends arc ? In Ouro.  

Help me out with name and number game is down. Is it “Burdens of the Past”???

Once you complete it awards a random incarnate component.   Good chances of rares and very rares.  Takes 15-20 min once you memorize it. 

Edited by Snarky

3 hours ago, Etched said:

Play a lot after 50 or run DA arcs. Some of the arcs will drop/offer them as rewards for finishin the arc.

Heather Townsend is an pretty easy arc to speed through. The arc reward Is 1 emp merits and a random incarnate salvage.

This is what I usually do.  Side note - I really miss being able to convert EMP merits to Reward Merits.  That was a dumb change IMO.  But whatever, it is what it is now.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

This is what I usually do.  Side note - I really miss being able to convert EMP merits to Reward Merits.  That was a dumb change IMO.  But whatever, it is what it is now.

I email emp merits to myself.  Then my new 59 is at least T3 alpha as soon as Alpha opens up

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Snarky said:

I email emp merits to myself.  Then my new 59 is at least T3 alpha as soon as Alpha opens up

Yup same here.  But it was also very nice to convert EMP merits to help with rare recipes and such every so often.  It was a nice bonus. 

Just now, ZacKing said:

Yup same here.  But it was also very nice to convert EMP merits to help with rare recipes and such every so often.  It was a nice bonus. 

I have over 200 enhancements in my base to convert and sell.  It is like taking out garbage.  Then about 800 stored that are sets, specials, etc.  all attuned except the purples/pvps.  

then there is the thousands of reward merits i am unsure what yo do with…. 

when you play forever the base just starts looking like a hoarders garage.  

• Haha 1
  • Moose 1

5 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I have over 200 enhancements in my base to convert and sell.  It is like taking out garbage.  Then about 800 stored that are sets, specials, etc.  all attuned except the purples/pvps.

when you play forever the base just starts looking like a hoarders garage. 

Part of my motivation for a recent new character was explicitly to use up many many horded enhancement sets. I can remember my initial thinking on WHY I hoarded THOSE, but I hadn't rolled up a character that needed so many in a very long time.

That new level 10 is now Ninja Running around Paragon City with pockets full of enhancements it won't be able to use for a long time.

• Thumbs Up 2

I keep one storage rack for insp, one gor salavage, then the max left over 16? 14? For enhancements. Mostly sorted by type.  Now i have 20-30 50s fully kitted out.  One reason i do not shatter them for parts is no place for the parts to go.  I went through yesterday and found 65 empyrean merits on a back page 50 i thought was stripped.  Plus, as i searched through 30-40 toons about 20 purples and hamis and another 17 recipes for purples and pvps. I need to actually go through all of them but it would take a whole day. 

Edited by Snarky

On 2/20/2024 at 6:03 AM, Gabeet said:

What is the best way to get  Empyrean Merit for a Solo only Player

As someone who solos more often than not, I can tell you - you're in for a long ride, and you're at the mercy of the RNG. 

There are 6 incarnate slots. 
Alpha, Judgement, Interface, Lore, Destiny and Hybrid. 
We get 120 threads at vet levels 1,2,4,5,7,8,10 and 11. 
You've seen the post that breaks down the vet levels that get you 5 to 20 emp merits. 

My suggestion, though unpopular, is to use shards for your alpha slot and threads for the rest. The reason is - while threads drop more often, you need more threads, too. Even still, threads outpace the drops of shards. But, you need 5x as many threads! 

Yes, you should do all the Dark Astoria arcs. 
Heather Townsend
Mu Vorken
Max
Praetor Duncan
Dream Doctor

But don't forget about Sister Solaris, Number 6, Belladonna Vetrano and the fairly recently added Sister Valeria, also in Cimerora. 

You need to know that Max doesn't offer an award table, so personally, unless I want the associated badges, I skip as much of his arc as I can. 

So, all in all, that's 8 contacts. 
Each contact gives 1 emp merit, 1 random common component, and an award table. I couldn't tell you how the table is weighted, but being solo or teamed makes no difference. 

If you just run the 8 contacts that give an award table and an emp merit (not Max) 
you get 8 emps, enough to make a rare if you didn't get one in the 8 tables. And 8 common components (enough to make 2 and 2/3 of any t-1s you want. 

After that, you have to repeat the content through Ouro. How many times is up to the RNG and you. 

Now, if you have more than one account, and you check the server population, you can multi-box and collaboratively complete all but the last mission of each arc. 

Say you have 3 accounts. That's now 24 reward tables instead of just 8. Just be sure the server isn't over 1500, and really, because people can log in at any time, to be safe, I'd wait until the server pop was below 1000. And, be warned, it's tedious and not very fun. Far more fun for me to just do it with one character at a time. 

The vet levels come by playing, so sooner or later, you will get there. 

If the ambition is t-4 in all, then with the assumption you use shards for the alpha, you need:
5 very rare incarnate components or a combination of very rare components and between 30 and 150 emp merits. See what I'm saying? If you got a very rare from a reward table from 1 of the 8 contacts, that means you only need 120 more emp merits. 
You also need 10 rare components, or a combination of rare components  and between 8 and 80 emp merits. 
You also need 10 uncommon components. If the RNG snubs you, you'll need 600 threads to make them. Or, you might get 8 uncommons and only need to burn 120 threads to make the remaining 2. 
Each t-4 incarnate enhancement will require 13 commons, or 260 threads. 

None of these values include the alpha. You can use threads for the alpha, of course. The level shift for a t-3 alpha helps a lot. But after that, I would definitely wait to do the rest until I finished the other 5. By that time, you might organically have the shards you need. And if not, you can mix and match as you go. 

If you can stomach teaming, a hami a day gets you 4 emp merits and usually, anecdotally, 1-2 shards. If the league clears mitos, possibly more. 

An MSR or any level 50 tf will get you shards as well - but we know you want to be solo, so no sense going over that, I guess.