The Mindful Tank

luxlorica

Does anyone have big plans for Psionic Mastery now that it is available for Tanks?

Harmonic mind might eventually take some hunger out of Dark Armor?

Lockdown special in Dominate for the occasional Mag 5 hold?

Mind Blast for some high pitched wub wub sounds.

Yah, I dunno. I like the theme of a Psionic Tank, and how hilarious to have a tank with more mind control that the mind control powerset. But practically it seems among the least useful epics...

OR

do you see an astounding use case for the Psi?!

My Inv/Psi Tank will be sticking with Energy Mastery. Focused Accuracy is just too useful, and now they've reduced its End use too. He also uses the Force of Will pool, which I think works well with the Psi theme too.

But I'm glad they're adding sets and giving us more options.

• Like 1

I took Mezmerize and Harmonic mind and they are absolutley beautiful. Mesmerize hit pretty hard and Harmonic mind takes all your end issues away. Mental Blast and Dominate hit like wet noodles, alond with psionic tornado. 

6 hours ago, C U R S E said:

I took Mezmerize and Harmonic mind and they are absolutley beautiful. Mesmerize hit pretty hard and Harmonic mind takes all your end issues away. Mental Blast and Dominate hit like wet noodles, alond with psionic tornado. 

Strange, in Mids it's showing Mesmerize and Dominate as the same damage but Dominate is a much shorter animation.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Supertanker said:

My Inv/Psi Tank will be sticking with Energy Mastery. Focused Accuracy is just too useful, and now they've reduced its End use too.

As far as I can tell, they haven't.  Before Tanker Tuesday yesterday I looked at this both in the info screen for the power and in the power monitor.  FA is still using 0.25 end/sec with a single 50+++ endrdx IO in it.  So it's base is still 0.39 end/sec.  Combat monitor also agreed that turning it on increased consumption by around 0.24 end/sec (so some rounding going on but otherwise in the same neighborhood).

Guess I'll skim the beta and bug forums to see if it's been reported.

6 hours ago, Phlushot said:

Strange, in Mids it's showing Mesmerize and Dominate as the same damage but Dominate is a much shorter animation.

I did a respec and found mental blast and dominate at 45, not mids estimate.

9 hours ago, Phlushot said:

I see Mesmerize with a recharge of 12s while dominate has a recharge of 24s. I think that means the Mez does more damage overall, yeah?

I dunno, I'm not really a builder

18 hours ago, ZemX said:

As far as I can tell, they haven't.  Before Tanker Tuesday yesterday I looked at this both in the info screen for the power and in the power monitor.  FA is still using 0.25 end/sec with a single 50+++ endrdx IO in it.  So it's base is still 0.39 end/sec.  Combat monitor also agreed that turning it on increased consumption by around 0.24 end/sec (so some rounding going on but otherwise in the same neighborhood).

Guess I'll skim the beta and bug forums to see if it's been reported.

I thought the base used to be .78 end/sec

Edit: yeah, if you go to City of Data and change your settings to show Cryptic instead of homecoming values, it shows the cost of Focused Accuracy to be .78 end/sec

Edited by Major_Decoy
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 2/21/2024 at 10:04 AM, luxlorica said:

do you see an astounding use case for the Psi?!

Perhaps not astounding, but certainly use cases.

I mentioned in the focused feedback thread on beta how I found Harmonic Mind to be a superior version of all other End Management tools. I am waiting until an updated version of Mids to come out but I mght retool a lot of Tankers in my hangar just to see if I can squeeze this in. I can't overemphasize how good this on Resist-based sets where you can plug in several Unbreakable Guard 2-set bonuses and heavily reduce your total endurance expenditures.

Mesmerize was what I took to get there and it was very useful as a one-slot wonder to shut down lots of troublesome enemies or just detoggle bosses and other buffing enemies (remember, the sleep is autohit). Someone else posted that when slotted with heal procs (it can take two), it serves well enough as a MacGyver'd self-heal. I think this is a fairly innovative use case for sets without Self Heal (or good End Management, such as Shield or SR).

Dominate with it's 1.1sec cast time and 24 second recharge time is an ideal candidate to take a bunch of proc powers and make it absolutely slap. Unlike control set single target holds, it will need decent accuracy slotting, but that's not really a big deal.

Mental Blast honestly looks like a skip, unless you really want it for RP flavor and/or a fast-recharge ranged attack. But it's not by any means a good pick.

Psi Tornado. I'd need to test a bit with, but according to Bopper's Proc Rate calculator, with absolutely zero slotted recharge, you can get a 90% proc rate on %Damage procs that have a 3.5ppm. That's all of them for Ranged AoE and Knockback sets. So this can potentially be a nice big 15ft Radius Proc Bomb to hurl slooowwwly at your enemies. Good news is, it still procs like that if you cast from melee.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
proofreading is for nerds
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, luxlorica said:

I see Mesmerize with a recharge of 12s while dominate has a recharge of 24s. I think that means the Mez does more damage overall, yeah?

I dunno, I'm not really a builder

I hopped on the test server and was fooling around with a Brute.  Some weirdness.  Mesmerize showed like 84 average damage, but down below in the details it was 45 damage.  Dominate however the average damage and the detail damage matched up.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

I thought the base used to be .78 end/sec

Edit: yeah, if you go to City of Data and change your settings to show Cryptic instead of homecoming values, it shows the cost of Focused Accuracy to be .78 end/sec

Yeah, I got mixed up between "per tick" and "per second" values for end cost.  It is indeed half the cost now.