Starting up an AM supergroup

Know1

One of my favorite memories from back in live was when my all fire/rad controller team was trick or treating when a Ritiki invasion began. We just stood there  chatting away as everything that showed up was held, cooked, and ripped apart by a hoard of sped-up murder monkeys.

So I was thinking about getting the band back together.  The secret sauce was accelerate metabalism.

I was thinking about starting a supergroup that requires AM to be a member, that would include controllers, coruptors, defender, and masterminds.  

First question, anyone else interested in doing this?
If so, preference for server?  My preference would be for Torchbearer, but its not a strong one.

Name of supergroup? I was thinking The Jolly Green Glow.

What would be a good time for you to play for 2 to 4 hours at a time?  For me, I am free 4 pm to 8 pm Tue-Fri, 4 till on Sat and all day Sun and Mon.

I would love if this got hundreds who were interested and I could log on almost any time and get a pickup group of AMers. But in reality, if I get a couple of set groups that are meeting to play together once or twice a week I would consider it a great success.

Edited by Know1
add a thought on server
  • Like 1

I made a character, Scout R (Merk/Rad MM), on Torchbearer.  I started a base, put in my basic IO storage system I use in all my bases, and grabbed different Teleport systems, but I'll have to look into them to see how they work, and how many we need to set up to have access to everywhere. 

Anyone who wants to decorate the base feel free, right now it is just a big open space. 

Contact me at @Know1 and I'll invite you to the supergroup.

After we get up and running, I'll make a post about it on the Torchbearer forums, and we will use that to keep in touch.  I assume that any set groups we make will also make a post there, and use that post to keep connected.  I found that that worked pretty well when we did it that way on live.

I'll make at least 3 more Rads and bring them into the SG, that way I have one of each to play, plus any that get made for set groups.  I feel my altitus is acting up again.

Edited by Know1

7 hours ago, Know1 said:

I made a character, Scout R (Merk/Rad MM), on Torchbearer.  I started a base, put in my basic IO storage system I use in all my bases, and grabbed different Teleport systems, but I'll have to look into them to see how they work, and how many we need to set up to have access to everywhere. 

Anyone who wants to decorate the base feel free, right now it is just a big open space. 

Contact me at @Know1 and I'll invite you to the supergroup.

After we get up and running, I'll make a post about it on the Torchbearer forums, and we will use that to keep in touch.  I assume that any set groups we make will also make a post there, and use that post to keep connected.  I found that that worked pretty well when we did it that way on live.

I'll make at least 3 more Rads and bring them into the SG, that way I have one of each to play, plus any that get made for set groups.  I feel my altitus is acting up again.

I replied in the defender forums. You might build a 'loose' coalition where if you have special events, characters from other servers could transfer to Torchbearer to be a part and then transfer back after the event to their home server/SG. I suggest a global channel "The Jolly Green Glow" for extra recognition to where members of the channel would receive communiques even when they were alting on non-AM and therefore non-SG characters. 😁

I created the global channel The Jolly Green Glow to use to keep track of this SG.  I was thinking about meeting up at Wed (28th) at 6 cent to get started and people in the SG.  So I will be on that Wed to invite anyone who can make it, and announce to the server that we exist so we can see if we can get some players that way.

Weird coincidence, I started an all MM one on Everlasting yesterday befor reading this, there is supposed to be some Focus on RP though as it is on Everlasting.

I love silly concepts like this

Red Side, RP wise it's a mutual defense and assistance pact of smaller Organisations under the guise of being a singular large Crime Organisation.

At the moment it's kinda mainly for friends I made in other SGs and thru RP till I got it kinda set up to feel comfortable to recruite in public though

Edited by jkwak

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

Tonight (Feb 28th) is the night, the supergroup starts up at 6 cent on Torchbearer.  I made a post about it on the Torchbearer forums, which will be the official home board for it going forward.

I hope to see some of you tonight.