Help me make up my mind

Baalrath

Hallo all

Since a few weeks i have been playing coh which is great fun. Been playing the market, playing several chars(this games makes my altiism go into the red zone)

So far i tried many mm but cant seem to find which to focus on.

For reference

I have  Kifani 44 elec/sd stalker mostly soft capped defense really fun to play, took a while before it was good. Lower levels not so far

Baelrath BlazingFire 43 Fire/ma tanker following a build if found in the forums by sovera, this one is amazing from early levels on simply great

Edurne aiken ice/ice corruptor love the rains dont really like that shields dont work on me

Castiel Hell's Angel fire/ta corruptor lots of damage lots of debuff that all work for me to, love it.

Now for the mm of which i cant make up my mind. I would like to invest in one to make it very durable and be very versatile(i play all of them at +0/x6 or +0/x8).  

W347H3R 40 thugs/storm cyborg adobted by a gain to become their leader. Fantastic damage, chaotic but end is a problem. Not easy to control pets/ gang war is fun

Sally wright 38 western saloongril who sprang into existance necro/Dark  very good damage, love the control, heal,.. but i seems i die a bit more on this one, even more if i aggro two spawns. love the extra pets i get although they dont last long.

Dr Jill Trent robot/trap 31 astehtically like the robots and like the idea of traps,, softcapped defense already easily, definatly very sturdy but not sure what i do  wrong cause damage is way below the others. 

Mighty dar 31 beast/kin liked it at start but got bored fast. dont like the constant howling.

Uesugi masamune ninja/ta 30 love the idea. the ninja do way more damage then what i was told. no research done but in feeling rather close to thugs and necro. But the mm himself is very squichy for some reason no idea what i amdoing wrong.

STD V2.1 11 merc/ff to soon to judge.

Which one is most versatile and tough so i can solo and help other in team. Will keep playing all but want one to push a bit further.

If you think another combo would be great thats fine to. Heard necro/ff could maybe be up my alley

Anyway tips on who to focus on and why would be appreciated. (influence is something i can get not in the billions but 100mill + is easy enough to get, a few 100 million  is certainly possible to.)

Edited by Baalrath
hit the post key by accident before i was finished :-)

I think Necro/Dark has the most versatility. Dark offers -tohit debuffs, -dam debuff, +def, -res debuff, +res to E/N/P, slow/stun/hold/fear mez, AoE +stealth, a rez, an AoE heal and an additional pet with similar powers that stack with your own.

Necro is a powerhouse. Six pets, potentially 9 more. The Lich with similar debuff powers to your own that stack. MM attacks applies -tohit debuffs. A self heal. Necro pets are probably one of the more durable, with increased hp, heal and regen.

• Like 1

Think i agree.

The thug/storm and necro/dark are certainly my favorite so far. just not sure how to mke the necro better. 

Getting held allot lately. maybe i approach the alpha wrong.

My necro one has a few cloudsenses proc and achilles proc but nothing of the mm uniques. while the other have the def uniques.

Thanks for the advice will read up some more on necro/dark .

Edited by Baalrath
  • Like 1

I play a lot of Robots/Traps, and it is the preferred MM in my stable to other builds. Other pairings are fine, but what I like about the Robots/Traps combo is that through playstyle and power picks/slotting choices it is possible to have a very layered approach to debuffing enemies and buffing the henchmen. This combo's debuffs are more than just applying a toggle or using an aura, so it can be a surprisingly rewarding combination to master. I understand why Robots/Traps sometimes is referred to a "training wheels" combination, yet once those wheels come off, it can be a very high-performing set.

The Page 5(?) robotics changes improved the damage output of the henchmen, but moved most of the debuffing elements into the MM primary attacks. The debuffs are less necessary for typical minion/lt/boss spawns, so for almost all content this was a big improvement. The only cases I've experience where this change hurt was that the robotic henchmen by themselves could no longer take down Giant Monsters (or other enemies with bags of HP). I think this was a perfectly acceptable trade off, but at the time I think it caught some players with the Robotics primary off guard.

As for "most versatile" on a team... My attitude is that when playing solo your henchmen are your "team", so whatever works for the henches should work for a PUG. As enemy debuffing is the force multiplier for teams, this is the primary reason I lean hard into enemy debuffing for MMs. On the flip side, most teams usually have defenses and resistances (and to a varying degree "health management") covered I tend to not focus on those aspects of MM secondaries. Mileage varies of course, especially across content and playstyle.

Whatever you pick, you won't be doing it wrong.

On 2/22/2024 at 1:16 PM, Baalrath said:

Dr Jill Trent robot/trap 31 astehtically like the robots and like the idea of traps,, softcapped defense already easily, definatly very sturdy but not sure what i do  wrong cause damage is way below the others. 

Would be useful to see the build here. Trip Mine plus Assault Bot Swarm Missiles can absolutely melt entire maps. These days the AssBot is also your only pet that needs a KB>HD IO, after that just slow-slot Caltrops to keep most foes from fleeing out of the patches.

Play all of them! You can never have enough masterminds.

As for the various setups:

W347H3R 40 thugs/storm cyborg adobted by a gain to become their leader. Fantastic damage, chaotic but end is a problem. Not easy to control pets/ gang war is fun

End will always be a problem with /storm if you run hurricane. On the couple /storm MMs I have, I toggle it on and off a lot just to use it as kind of a "get out of my face" power, and once they're pushed back enough, I let the pets go to work on them and turn it off. If I really need the -to hit, I'll leave it on and try to converse end as best I can. Though once you get fully  slotted up, your end problems can be mitigated a lot depending on build.

Sally wright 38 western saloongril who sprang into existance necro/Dark  very good damage, love the control, heal,.. but i seems i die a bit more on this one, even more if i aggro two spawns. love the extra pets i get although they dont last long.

Necro/Dark is a classic. Generally you want to build for a lot of +recharge so that you can leverage Soul Extraction as often as possible. One way you can really get a lot of mileage out of it is to get the full set of Mark of Supremacy, and at 50th make it Superior. Split it into three 2-piece bits for each of your pets, and you'll end up with 30% global recharge just from that. I don't often use Hasten in builds, but if you like that power you can probably get SE close to perma.

Bots/Traps is another classic. Bots can sometimes feel like they don't do damage-churn as well as some other sets, but a lot of it depends on how the assault bot chooses to use its swarm missiles and incendiary patches. Against groups of mobs, they'll melt targets very quickly. One thing to note is that the protector bots USED to do so-so damage, but were good for support, so a lot of people (myself included) would spec them up to add a bit more defense. These days, they're one of the highest damage outputs of the set, so setting them up for max damage is essential for maximum damage output. But they SHRED their end bar. Even with 95% end reduction they'll drop themselves to low end in under 30 seconds. You'll want to leverage Acid Mortar for the debuff, and you can slot Seeker Drones with several procs to turn it into a mini-nuke, too (Positron's Blast, Javelin Volley, Bombardment, and Cloud Senses procs for damage, as well as Annihilation's -resist proc). 

Mighty dar 31 beast/kin liked it at start but got bored fast. dont like the constant howling.

You can get a mod that will keep them from making so much noise. It's a great help. And Fulcrum Shifted beasts deal ENORMOUS damage. My Beast/Kin goes hunting giant monsters, and kills them with pure damage output, no -regen beyond Transfusion required. She can solo Jack in Irons and Eochai together at the same time.

Uesugi masamune ninja/ta 30 love the idea. the ninja do way more damage then what i was told. no research done but in feeling rather close to thugs and necro. But the mm himself is very squichy for some reason no idea what i amdoing wrong.

Ninjas are one of the highest damage minion sets in the game. They have a lot of fast-animating attacks with fairly low cooldowns, so they can do some serious damage churn. With /TA you can debuff the hell out of enemies to let the ninjas really go to town. The downside is that you have no healing for them or for yourself, without investing in the Medicine pool. Generally what I do is set up several minion-specific attack commands for my /TA MMs, to keep some pets in bodyguard mode while directing others to attack. You can mitigate a lot of the incoming damage that way. Plus leveraging Oil Slick and EMP Arrow for a lot of extra damage mitigation. Especially if you take a resist armor from one of the epic/patron pools.

STD V2.1 11 merc/ff to soon to judge.

Once you get rolling with this, they'll churn through just about anything you throw them at. My Merc/FF has incarnate softcapped def for all the mercs, as well as Serum boosting their smash/lethal resist to softcap for a bit as well as boosting their damage output. I picked up the attacks as well just so that I could contribute a bit of damage, as /FF is a pretty passive set overall. And with Repulsion Field you can generally keep stuff out of melee, letting your mercs just dakadaka stuff to death.

Edited by WumpusRat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

Bots/Traps is another classic. Bots can sometimes feel like they don't do damage-churn as well as some other sets, but a lot of it depends on how the assault bot chooses to use its swarm missiles and incendiary patches. Against groups of mobs, they'll melt targets very quickly. One thing to note is that the protector bots USED to do so-so damage, but were good for support, so a lot of people (myself included) would spec them up to add a bit more defense. These days, they're one of the highest damage outputs of the set, so setting them up for max damage is essential for maximum damage output. But they SHRED their end bar. Even with 95% end reduction they'll drop themselves to low end in under 30 seconds. You'll want to leverage Acid Mortar for the debuff, and you can slot Seeker Drones with several procs to turn it into a mini-nuke, too (Positron's Blast, Javelin Volley, Bombardment, and Cloud Senses procs for damage, as well as Annihilation's -resist proc).

Seeker Drones do not proc %damage. They can be slotted with those pieces, but unless something has radically changed about Seeker Drones, those pieces even thought they can be slotted won't contribute to damage.

The Protector Bot's bubbles are IIRC 13% +Defense. I think it is worth slotting them with either a boosted 50+5 Defense IO, or a Defense/Endurance Reduction (50+5, or 53) piece. I saw significant performance improvement by slotting them with a level 53 Cytoskeleton.

2 hours ago, tidge said:

Seeker Drones do not proc %damage. They can be slotted with those pieces, but unless something has radically changed about Seeker Drones, those pieces even thought they can be slotted won't contribute to damage.

The Protector Bot's bubbles are IIRC 13% +Defense. I think it is worth slotting them with either a boosted 50+5 Defense IO, or a Defense/Endurance Reduction (50+5, or 53) piece. I saw significant performance improvement by slotting them with a level 53 Cytoskeleton.

Hm. Could have sworn the drones triggered procs. I might be thinking of another power though, it's been quite a while since I played any of my /traps builds. Just popped onto my bot/traps to check though, and you're right.

And if you're really trying to squeeze a couple extra points of defense out, then sure, though it's not really necessary depending on your build. And with bots/trap not having any extra pet power to stick the auras in, if you want all 6 you're only working with 4 slots per pet. Adding a +def IO into the prot bots means they're going to be at 3 slots, which is going to seriously cut into their damage output, accuracy, and end management.

With my build, between the prot bot shields, scorpion shield, FFG, maneuvers, CJ, weave, and various IO/set bonuses my bot/trap MM is sitting at around 55% ranged/melee/aoe def, 75% smash/lethal def, 67% energy def. Toxic/psionic def are her weaknesses, but not many things are PURELY psi/toxic attack without having a ranged/melee/aoe component as well. The bots are at 43% range/melee and 57% aoe def. So not quite soft-capped, but even losing some bots to incarnate stuff I have enough personal def to get them back up and into the fight without getting shredded.

I kind of built her to be extremely durable though, so YMMV depending on builds. 🙂

FWIW: Accuracy / ToHit is slightly less of an issue for Henchmen because of Supremacy.

I've posted this before, but my slotting for Robotic Henchmen is:

Level     1:            Battle Drones   

(A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up: Level 50

(*) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets

(*) Sovereign Right – Accuracy/Damage

(*) Sovereign Right - Resistance Bonus

Level 12:              Protector Bots  

(A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Hami-O:  Defense/Endurance (53 or could use a 50+5)

(*) Edict of the Master: Defense Bonus

(*) Call to Arms: Defense Aura for Pets

(*) Call to Arms: Accuracy/Damage

Level 22:              Assault Bot        

(A) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy: Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy: Endurance, +Resist (All) +Regen(Pets): Level 50

I split up the Global pieces, and try to leverage set bonuses while boosting Accuracy, Damage, Endurance. I pretty much always put the Superior  %Buildup proc in whatever tier henchmen (or pet) power that summons the most of that critter. I'm also figuring that the multiple lower tier guys benefit more than the highest tier guy. For MMs this thinking is mostly due to level shift. I understand those who want the %BuildUp in the T3, my choice is to better balance the offensive performance of the henchmen across levels.

w.r.t. Protector Bots' offense... adding Maintenance Drone to the crew turned up the offense of those guys far more than anything else. Prior to the page 5(?) changes my Protector Bots almost always had a full blue bar during fights, now they make attacks more regularly and behave offensively more like the other henchmen.

1 hour ago, tidge said:

I've posted this before, but my slotting for Robotic Henchmen is:

Generally I'm chasing personal +Defence% instead of +Recharge% on Bots/ and also want to squeeze in all the +Def and +res Pet IOs I can to the main pet powers, so my defaults look like this:

Level     1:            Battle Drones   

(A) Blood Mandate - Acc/Dam: Level 50+5

(*) Blood Mandate - Dam: Level 50+5

(*) Blood Mandate - Acc/Dam/End: Level 50+5

(*) Call to Arms: Defence Bonus for Pets)- Attuned

(*) Edict of the Master: Defence Bonus for Pets) - Attuned

(*) Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage - Attuned

Level 12:              Protector Bots  

(A) Blood Mandate - Acc/Dam: Level 50+5

(*) Blood Mandate - Dam: Level 50+5

(*) Blood Mandate - Acc/Dam/End: Level 50+5

(*) Cytoskeleton Exposure (+Defence/EndRed HO): Level 50+3

(*) Common Crafted Defence IO: Level 50+5

(*) Expedient Reinforcement: Resistance Bonus for Pets) - Attuned

Level 22:              Assault Bot        

(A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Acc/Dam: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Dam: Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Acc/Dam/End Level 50

(*) Superior Mark of Supremacy - End/Pet +AoE Resistance and Regen Aura: Level 50

(*) Sovereign Right: Resistance Bonus for Pets) - Attuned

(*) Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown - Attuned

That's all the useful procs plus ~60% Accuracy, capped Damage and reasonable levels of Endurance Reduction.

(I don't like the Command of the Mastermind set at all - the unique is largely worthless and for Bots/ even moreso! Assbot still needs a KB>KD IO in order for their swarm missiles to behave itself; but that's the only case of actual KB these days. Battle Drones make decent use of the Explosive Strike damage Proc)

Edited by Maelwys

On 2/26/2024 at 11:29 AM, tidge said:

Correct. Any pet which explodes and doesn't leave a pseudopet behind won't trigger procs. 

So Seekers & Trip Mine : nope

Poison Gas Trap : Hell yes 

• 2 weeks later
Posted (edited)

Ok we are a bit later. Thanks for all the advice.

Didn't play much of the thugs/storm anymore

Did play the necro/dark

Gave up on the robot one, cant get it to do decent damage compared to the others

Play the ninja/ta a bit but not much still like the idea

Didn't play the merc/ff but did make a new merc/time(looks promising, they stay together well and can see good resist and defense in near future)

Still no demon maybe i should give that a go.

Anyway after reading many build I tried my first own build it's mostly a combination of things I found. Not familiar yet to figure it out all myself.

However i have a few questions:

• I don't know how to see in mids if i did not repeat set bonuses to many times
  • I do not know if my defenses are enough(on other toons i cap them but couldn't do that) i hope together with debuffs they are enough
  • I do not know if i need tactics and/or if could give up four slots on it to maybe slot howling twilight or fearsome stare cause i like those powers.
  • I never slotted stamina and health so little, maybe i should move some slot back from dark empowerment to health
  • I hope I won't miss haste never had no haste
  • Any other tips welcome
  • Also I am not sure at all if I exported this correctly(tried a few times but could not find how you could click a link to view the builds in mids)

# **Sally wright2 - Villain Mastermind**

### *Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev. 3*

----

- **Primary powerset: Necromancy**
- **Secondary powerset: Dark Miasma**
- **Pool powerset (#1): Flight**
- **Pool powerset (#2): Leadership**
- **Pool powerset (#3): Fighting**
- **Pool powerset (#4): Fighting**
- **Ancillary powerset: Soul Mastery**

----

# **Powers taken:**

**Level 1: Zombie Horde**
- A: Sovereign Right: Accuracy/Damage
- 3: Sovereign Right: Resistance Bonus
- 3: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Accuracy/Damage
- 5: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen
- 5: Edict of the Master: Defense Bonus
- 7: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

**Level 1: Twilight Grasp**
- A: Theft of Essence: Healing
- 7: Theft of Essence: Chance for +Endurance
- 9: Theft of Essence: Healing/Recharge
- 9: Theft of Essence: Accuracy/Healing
- 11: Theft of Essence: Accuracy/Endurance/Healing
- 11: Theft of Essence: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge

**Level 2: Gloom**
- A: Superior Winter's Bite: Accuracy/Damage
- 36: Superior Winter's Bite: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
- 36: Superior Winter's Bite: Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
- 37: Superior Winter's Bite: Damage/RechargeTime
- 37: Superior Winter's Bite: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
- 37: Superior Winter's Bite: Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge

**Level 4: Hover**
- A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
- 42: Luck of the Gambler: Defense
- 42: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance

**Level 6: Enchant Undead**
- A: Invention: Resist Damage

**Level 8: Life Drain**
- A: Touch of the Nictus: Healing/Absorb
- 33: Touch of the Nictus: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
- 34: Touch of the Nictus: Healing/Absorb/Recharge
- 34: Touch of the Nictus: Accuracy/Healing/Absorb
- 34: Touch of the Nictus: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
- 36: Touch of the Nictus: Accuracy/Endurance/Healing/Absorb

**Level 10: Darkest Night**
- A: Invention: Endurance Reduction

**Level 12: Grave Knight**
- A: Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up
- 13: Touch of Lady Grey: Chance for Negative Damage
- 13: Achilles' Heel: Chance for Res Debuff
- 15: Shield Breaker: Chance for Lethal Damage
- 15: Nucleolus Exposure
- 17: Nucleolus Exposure

**Level 14: Howling Twilight**
- A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

**Level 16: Shadow Fall**
- A: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage
- 39: Reactive Defenses: Defense
- 39: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance
- 39: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime

**Level 18: Soul Extraction**
- A: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Accuracy/Damage
- 19: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
- 19: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Damage/Endurance/Recharge
- 21: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
- 21: Command of the Mastermind: Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura
- 31: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage

**Level 20: Fearsome Stare**
- A: Glimpse of the Abyss: Accuracy/Recharge

**Level 22: Lich**
- A: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Damage
- 23: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
- 23: Call to Arms: Defense Bonus Aura for Pets
- 25: Expedient Reinforcement: Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
- 25: Endoplasm Exposure
- 27: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage

**Level 24: Fly**
- (Empty)

**Level 26: Dark Empowerment**
- A: Regenerative Tissue: +Regeneration
- 27: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
- 29: Panacea: Heal
- 29: Numina's Convalesence: Heal
- 31: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery

**Level 28: Dark Blast**
- A: Apocalypse: Damage
- 40: Apocalypse: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
- 40: Apocalypse: Recharge/Accuracy
- 40: Apocalypse: Damage/Endurance
- 42: Apocalypse: Chance of Damage(Negative)

**Level 30: Dark Servant**
- A: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
- 31: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
- 33: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/Recharge
- 33: Cloud Senses: ToHit Debuff/Endurance/Recharge

**Level 32: Tar Patch**
- A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

**Level 35: Dark Embrace**
- A: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%
- 43: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
- 45: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
- 45: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
- 46: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP

**Level 38: Maneuvers**
- 43: Luck of the Gambler: Defense
- 43: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance

**Level 41: Tactics**
- A: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff
- 45: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff/Recharge
- 46: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
- 46: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up
- 48: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Recharge/Endurance
- 48: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff/Endurance

**Level 44: Boxing**
- (Empty)

**Level 47: Tough**
- A: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)
- 48: Gladiator's Armor: Resistance
- 50: Gladiator's Armor: End/Resist

**Level 49: Weave**
- 50: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance
- 50: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

----

# **Inherents:**

**Level 1: Supremacy**

**Level 1: Brawl**
- (Empty)

**Level 1: Sprint**
- (Empty)

**Level 2: Rest**
- (Empty)

**Level 1: Swift**
- (Empty)

**Level 1: Hurdle**
- (Empty)

**Level 1: Health**
- A: Miracle: +Recovery

**Level 1: Stamina**
- A: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
- 17: Performance Shifter: EndMod

**Level 24: Afterburner**

**Level 1: Zombie**

**Level 12: Grave Knight**

**Level 22: Lich**

----

# **Incarnates:**

**Support Core Embodiment**

Edited by Baalrath

Procs that damage/debuff enemies do not work on Seeker Drones/Trip Mine, but procs that buff that MM/user does. Siphon Insight +tohit buff in Seekers and Force Feedback +recharge in Trip. Here's a screen of the SI buff, and a vid of FF buff in Trip. Dropped around 15 mines, FF proc'd 14 times in a row before failing on the last one.

image.thumb.png.dc861c09e8257e0eaf6c7c8a753cf475.png

9 hours ago, Baalrath said:
  • I don't know how to see in mids if i did not repeat set bonuses to many times

Click VIEW ACTIVE SETS, and if you see "CAP" that means there's too many of one (Or more) bonuses. Scroll down the list and it will highlight the wasted bonus in red. The below example is two too many Luck of the Gambler +7.5%. As for the build, I don't know how to post or see datachunks anymore. Just copy/paste the Mids' file into the forum and post.

image.png.4a33102dc1d743ff06a949199db3a410.png

Edited by StrikerFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/26/2024 at 9:14 AM, WumpusRat said:

Hm. Could have sworn the drones triggered procs. I might be thinking of another power though, it's been quite a while since I played any of my /traps builds. Just popped onto my bot/traps to check though, and you're right.

And if you're really trying to squeeze a couple extra points of defense out, then sure, though it's not really necessary depending on your build. And with bots/trap not having any extra pet power to stick the auras in, if you want all 6 you're only working with 4 slots per pet. Adding a +def IO into the prot bots means they're going to be at 3 slots, which is going to seriously cut into their damage output, accuracy, and end management.

With my build, between the prot bot shields, scorpion shield, FFG, maneuvers, CJ, weave, and various IO/set bonuses my bot/trap MM is sitting at around 55% ranged/melee/aoe def, 75% smash/lethal def, 67% energy def. Toxic/psionic def are her weaknesses, but not many things are PURELY psi/toxic attack without having a ranged/melee/aoe component as well. The bots are at 43% range/melee and 57% aoe def. So not quite soft-capped, but even losing some bots to incarnate stuff I have enough personal def to get them back up and into the fight without getting shredded.

I kind of built her to be extremely durable though, so YMMV depending on builds. 🙂

My experience was that the Protector Bots do laughable damage, and I mostly only want them for the bubbles and repair beams. The repair beams, I'm fairly sure, get upgraded with one of the pet upgrade powers, which just leaves the bubbles to bother enhancing. I otherwise mule several pet aura IO's in them, with I think a single 3 piece set bonus from one of the aura IO's. The lion's share of the damage output from the set comes from the Assault Bot anyway, and the Battle Drones do the clean up well enough by virtue of there being 3 of them. So those are the pets I bother enhancing for combat effectiveness in the form of damage dealing.

Also, I think MM ATO's should be slotable in MM primary attacks as well as MM primary pet powers. That would free up some room for more useful enhancement of the henchman pets in sets that don't have something like Hell on Earth of Gang War to slot pet IO's for auras. I'm sure there's a reason it wouldn't work, but as a suggestion, I don't think it has a major downside.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still figuring out how to post build. I think the best would be buildsharing, mobile friendly link.

The preview of this looks great, but can't get it to export and when i try the program crashes each time.

Hopefully this attempt is better. Again be gentle first attempt and mostly taken from all different post and builds i read.

I still have a few questions:

• I do not know if my defenses are enough(on other toons i cap them but couldn't do that) i hope together with debuffs they are enough
  • I do not know if i need tactics and/or if could give up four slots on it to maybe slot howling twilight or fearsome stare cause i like those powers.
  • I never slotted stamina and health so little, maybe i should move some slot back from dark empowerment to health
  • I hope I won't miss haste never had no haste. Is this a stupid idea?
  • Any other tips welcome

Sally wright2 - Villain Mastermind
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev. 3
──────────────────────────────

• Primary powerset: Necromancy
  • Secondary powerset: Dark Miasma
  • Pool powerset (#1): Flight
  • Pool powerset (#2): Leadership
  • Pool powerset (#3): Fighting
  • Pool powerset (#4): Fighting
  • Ancillary powerset: Soul Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Zombie Horde

• A: Sovereign Right: Accuracy/Damage
  • 3: Sovereign Right: Resistance Bonus
  • 3: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Accuracy/Damage
  • 5: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen
  • 5: Edict of the Master: Defense Bonus
  • 7: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 1: Twilight Grasp

• A: Theft of Essence: Healing
  • 7: Theft of Essence: Chance for +Endurance
  • 9: Theft of Essence: Healing/Recharge
  • 9: Theft of Essence: Accuracy/Healing
  • 11: Theft of Essence: Accuracy/Endurance/Healing
  • 11: Theft of Essence: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge

Level 2: Gloom

• A: Superior Winter's Bite: Accuracy/Damage
  • 36: Superior Winter's Bite: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 36: Superior Winter's Bite: Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • 37: Superior Winter's Bite: Damage/RechargeTime
  • 37: Superior Winter's Bite: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 37: Superior Winter's Bite: Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge

Level 4: Hover

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 42: Luck of the Gambler: Defense
  • 42: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance

Level 6: Enchant Undead

• A: Invention: Resist Damage

Level 8: Life Drain

• A: Touch of the Nictus: Healing/Absorb
  • 33: Touch of the Nictus: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • 34: Touch of the Nictus: Healing/Absorb/Recharge
  • 34: Touch of the Nictus: Accuracy/Healing/Absorb
  • 34: Touch of the Nictus: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • 36: Touch of the Nictus: Accuracy/Endurance/Healing/Absorb

Level 10: Darkest Night

• A: Invention: Endurance Reduction

Level 12: Grave Knight

• A: Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up
  • 13: Touch of Lady Grey: Chance for Negative Damage
  • 13: Achilles' Heel: Chance for Res Debuff
  • 15: Shield Breaker: Chance for Lethal Damage
  • 15: Nucleolus Exposure
  • 17: Nucleolus Exposure

Level 14: Howling Twilight

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 16: Shadow Fall

• A: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage
  • 39: Reactive Defenses: Defense
  • 39: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance
  • 39: Reactive Defenses: Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 18: Soul Extraction

• A: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Accuracy/Damage
  • 19: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • 19: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 21: Superior Command of the Mastermind: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • 21: Command of the Mastermind: Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura
  • 31: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 20: Fearsome Stare

• A: Glimpse of the Abyss: Accuracy/Recharge

Level 22: Lich

• A: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Damage
  • 23: Superior Mark of Supremacy: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • 23: Call to Arms: Defense Bonus Aura for Pets
  • 25: Expedient Reinforcement: Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • 25: Endoplasm Exposure
  • 27: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 24: Fly

• (Empty)

Level 26: Dark Empowerment

• A: Regenerative Tissue: +Regeneration
  • 27: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • 29: Panacea: Heal
  • 29: Numina's Convalesence: Heal
  • 31: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 28: Dark Blast

• A: Apocalypse: Damage
  • 40: Apocalypse: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 40: Apocalypse: Recharge/Accuracy
  • 40: Apocalypse: Damage/Endurance
  • 42: Apocalypse: Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 30: Dark Servant

• A: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
  • 31: Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • 33: Cloud Senses: Accuracy/Recharge
  • 33: Cloud Senses: ToHit Debuff/Endurance/Recharge

Level 32: Tar Patch

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 35: Dark Embrace

• A: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%
  • 43: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 45: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance
  • 45: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance
  • 46: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP

Level 38: Maneuvers

• 43: Luck of the Gambler: Defense
  • 43: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance

Level 41: Tactics

• A: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff
  • 45: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • 46: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • 46: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up
  • 48: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Recharge/Endurance
  • 48: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 44: Boxing

• (Empty)

Level 47: Tough

• A: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • 48: Gladiator's Armor: Resistance
  • 50: Gladiator's Armor: End/Resist

Level 49: Weave

• 50: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance
  • 50: Luck of the Gambler: Defense

Inherents:

Level 1: Supremacy

Level 1: Brawl

• (Empty)

Level 1: Sprint

• (Empty)

Level 2: Rest

• (Empty)

Level 1: Swift

• (Empty)

Level 1: Hurdle

• (Empty)

Level 1: Health

• A: Miracle: +Recovery

Level 1: Stamina

• A: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
  • 17: Performance Shifter: EndMod

Level 24: Afterburner

Level 1: Zombie

Level 12: Grave Knight

Level 22: Lich

11 hours ago, TheMoncrief said:

My experience was that the Protector Bots do laughable damage,

Actually, they deal very respectable damage these days (Changed in Issue 27 Page 5 IIRC?)

It used to be that each Protector Bot had to pause every few seconds to double-bubble on each of your other pets... but these days it's a single 4-minute-duration autofiring AoE; and they've gained a fair amount of DPA on their regular attacks. The downside is that they chew through Endurance like an Staminaless Fire Blaster on crack. But if you ED-Cap them for Endurance reduction or have something like Transference to fall back on, they're pretty decent.

Drones only pull ahead with the Explosive Strike Proc.

The Assbot is still the uncontested king of AoE damage though.

Edited by Maelwys