Help With Theme-ish Build? Fire/MA/Energy/?

Quietdraco80

Hi. So opening it up by saying I don't really care about optimization. I care about having fun on it. My current main is thematically a magic powered robot who I have armed with Fiery Armor and Martial Arts. I also put Hover on him. Slowly I'm approaching the point where I will want to start tossing in better enhancements and all, so I wanted to seek out some advice on it. Mostly on where to stick all the slots, what enhancements to toss in, etc.

I am aware I will have to stay near ground level for Burn if I stick to Hover, but wanted to see if anyone had advice. Mostly looking for a fun, cool character that's both burning and kicking butt with kung fu, I think, while looking like a robot/mecha/suit/etc.

Here's what I have so far in mids!

Zangao - Tanker (Fiery Aura - Martial Arts).mbd

Well, Fire/MA/Energy is the 'Turtle' in my signature. It's one of the most defensive builds for Fire Armor 😄

But it's min-maxed. I think it had some leveling tips as well. if it is not enough to scratch your itch let me know and I can answer any other questions.

13 hours ago, Sovera said:

Well, Fire/MA/Energy is the 'Turtle' in my signature. It's one of the most defensive builds for Fire Armor 😄

But it's min-maxed. I think it had some leveling tips as well. if it is not enough to scratch your itch let me know and I can answer any other questions.

Thanks! I'll poke at it when I get a moment. That it's so defensive and still hits hard, not to mention looks interesting is what appeals so far.

The one thing I'm curious on is if I need to change my in-combat travel power. It's currently Hover, which I like, but I've been told that Burn might not work with it?

3 minutes ago, Quietdraco80 said:

Thanks! I'll poke at it when I get a moment. That it's so defensive and still hits hard, not to mention looks interesting is what appeals so far.

The one thing I'm curious on is if I need to change my in-combat travel power. It's currently Hover, which I like, but I've been told that Burn might not work with it?

As a long time flyer I assure you that it does work. You just need to be as close to the ground as possible. The slightest elevation will prevent it from going off which can be quite annoying when surrounded by mobs and wanting to use it but we can't reach the ground 😛

• 4 weeks later

You can check my Fire Armor signature. The build you're after is the Turtle. It has a leveling build if I'm not mistaken but boop me if you need further help.

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

You can check my Fire Armor signature. The build you're after is the Turtle. It has a leveling build if I'm not mistaken but boop me if you need further help.

So far it's mostly what sets to look for in the build I linked in as well as how many slots for each power I should be looking at.

5 minutes ago, Quietdraco80 said:

So far it's mostly what sets to look for in the build I linked in as well as how many slots for each power I should be looking at.

Again, signature, Turtle, leveling (and final) build 🙂