The Warshade Wishlist

On 3/20/2024 at 12:29 PM, tidge said:

I like the human only Starless Step, and I kinda think it should be available in Dwarf Form as I find the Black Dwarf Step power to be mediocre in comparison.

It would be nice (unbalanced?) to have all the human only teleport powers available in all the forms.

The only other things that feel like rough edges are the Endurance costs outside of Squid form.

Quoting myself, because there are a few Quality-of-Life aspects I have noticed while playing:

1. Without using Antagonize, it is quite difficult to hold aggro. I mean... I get that isn't supposed to be trivial to get/hold aggro... but even while cycling through every trick in the Dwarf playbook, I am losing aggro to the Extracted Essences. I have Antagonize slotted for Threat!
  2. When using Shadow Slip, enemies that are 'ported will continue vectoring towards their chosen target.
  3. Extracted Essences that become separated can be teleported to adjacency with Shadow Recall, but they often vanish back to where they were summoned fomr... whatever has kept them from following has summoned them back!

(1) I don't really have a suggestion, except this: maybe something like a punch-voke for Dwarf form?

(2) Maybe to fix this one the power needs a buff... something like a VERY short duration mega-Slow or a Taunt? I'm not looking for an(other) uber %damage power... but I try to use this power to help out teammates and often they stay as targets, or the enemy critters just sprint past me to their original target.

(3) This is AI wonkiness, but perhaps if after teleport, pet classes could simply reset their path-ing?

On 3/23/2024 at 5:01 AM, twozerofoxtrot said:

I can't believe I'm saying this because it's incredibly petty and I try to stay above these kinds of things but...

It would be pretty messed up if Kheld inherents got a rework and VEAT inherent was left as is after their rework.

Either both Epic AT categories should have their inherents improved, or none. As it is, the Kheld inherent is already more visibly impactful than the VEAT one. 

Well, in any sort of groups, atleast.

Not opposed to a VEAT inherent rework. It's definitely not a super impactful part of their kit, especially for the more melee-focused branches. 

That being said, I think it's a question of triage. I'm sure the VEAT rebalance was no small undertaking for the Devs. Understanding they can only do so much at once, I'm not salty that Khelds had to wait. If VEATs get another look when our turn comes, cool.

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

• 2 months later

My wishlist is that more powers carried over across forms. I really like the change that put one attack each from Human to Nova and Dwarf. This helps alleviate the slot deficit too.

For Warshades:

• Orbiting Death can stay on in all forms. This power looks too cool to only be available in Human.
  • Teleport powers chosen in human form work in Dwarf (Shadow Slip, the Fold Space clone, in particular). It would make sense that with Dwarf having inherent TP, it would also get the bonus TP powers chosen in Human form. Warshade versions of Combat TP and Fold Space in Dwarf form would totally rock.

An absolute dream would be to reduce or eliminate the movement suppression while attacking in Nova form for both PB and WS. It feels totally unnatural to be a native airborne flying creature that can't move while shooting.

• Like 2