Savage Melee attack chain

Cpt. Caveat

My SM/bio is almost 30, and while I’m not a huge fan of the power set so far I haven’t given up on it yet.
 I have both hemorrhage and shred but honestly, they feel basically worthless. 

I normally use teleport strike when I can to start a fight with a few stacks. But the idea that as an assassin I have to get a few strikes in before I can start doing full damage feels a bit counterintuitive for my class.  
and the fact that I can consume those stacks for a DOT feels like a waste since I have to suffer exhaustion to get it. 
A DoT is only good because you can apply the damage and continue to add more as the dot tics. But I have to lose my damage buff to get said dot so in the end it just feels like a waste to try to fit in a rotation. 

So I guess the question is.  Can I drop hemo and shred and still be viable?  Or is a better understanding of managing my stacks and dots necessary to keep SM from being even lower damage than it already is. 

Shred being a situational for big pulls that don’t go down fast?

savage leap for 3 stacks then shred to prevent exhaustion or should you pop shred on fulls stacks and suffer through exhaustion?

Apologies just realized I posted this in tanker and not Stalker. I’m playing a stalker but I imagine the question is basically the same for both classes using SM

Edited by Cpt. Caveat

My savage tank is Dark, so was a bit sturdier leveling up than a Bio tank...my thought in the blood stacks is they are nice to have, but I dont build an attack chain around them. I use Shred when it would fit, if I burn my stacks I burn my stacks.

Hemorrhage is absolutely skippable on a tank.

As far as viability goes, my Dark/Savage never had a problem putting out enough damage to complete its tasks in a reasonable time frame. I don't compare myself to timers though as I am just a long time duffer.

Thank you all for the thoughts. Again sorry for posting in Tanker rather than stalker but either way I just have to decide if I drop shred as well as hemo or not. Single target on Stalker doesn’t feel like it needs hemo. 

I'd say it very much matters that you're on a Stalker. Hemo and Shred are very skippable on a Stalker. Get an epic Snipe instead.

Tanker, Hemo is still a bust, but Shred has some merit. Early AoE for exemping, bigger cone, more targets, and a -res proc. My Rad/Sav tank uses it in his ST chain, and it's not the best, but it's alright. Happy to have it on a Posi.

• Thanks 1