Afternoon all, I've been an avid player of COH since the very beginning. I loved the game then and still do today. I know many of you feel the same. I do have some ideas I'd like to put forward in this thread, if I may.

Firstly: I believe we're overdue for a new global threat to appear. The Rikti have had their day.

Secondly: Though we've received some new very cool costume ideas, pieces and designs, we really need more faces and hair styles, perhaps even separated fingers? New weapons and weapons designs would be great, too, and with trigger guards! The new Clockwork integrated blaster set in the gloves is awesome, but there is only one---why not both hands for those of use who like to blast our way around with Fire, ice, energy, radiation, dark and so on?

Thirdly: New zones would be a nice and a much appreciated change. For instance, why not create a hermetically sealed underwater colony beneath the oceans or seas? A base of operations for deep-sea exploration and mining that has been attacked and needs heroes to defend it? You know, make it creepy and dim because the power supply had been damaged, with sparks from frayed or severed wires illuminating the darkness, garbage laying around and in the various rooms we're to investigate, dead and injured bodies and signs of battle everywhere. The goal would be for the team to explore the base and fight its way to the generator where a boss would be waiting. And speaking of new bases, why not a base on the moon? A space facility that is a stop-over for a longer trip to Mars where the Rikti or another evil entity has attacked the base there? Heroes will need to take a long range shuttle there. An orbiting space station would be nice, also. New visual content is important in any game. I plan of playing this game until I can't anymore. so I thought I'd chime in with these aforementioned ideas.

• Thumbs Up 3

I thought the new threat was an old one... with Nemesis raiding zones and a chance to take on Nemesis --the real one (or is it?)-- himself.

Still, I wouldn't be adverse to a new threat or two running around.  But the thing about Rikti is that they're a unifying threat.  Heroes and villains alike can put aside their differences and fight together to defend the world from invasion because aliens are going to spoil things whether you live your life by heroic or villainous ideals.  Another villain group could be a threat for both heroes and villains alike, but I think it would take more imagination to make up something that unifies as much as an alien invasion.

• Thumbs Up 1

the last new lore before shutdown was the updated spring event.  I always hoped for Red Widow breaking free of Cupid Arrow and forming her own Arachnos would be followed up. 

We only had two of the Signature story arcs (who will die and pandora box) with monthly/bimonthly story drops. I was hoping that form of story telling would return. 

I am kinda good with less incarnate and less Praetoria driven content to flesh out more rogue / vigilante / under level 50 content. 

Edited by starro

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

20 hours ago, starro said:

the last new lore before shutdown was the updated spring event.  I always hoped for Red Widow breaking free of Cupid Arrow and forming her own Arachnos would be followed up. 

We only had two of the Signature story arcs (who will die and pandora box) with monthly/bimonthly story drops. I was hoping that form of story telling would return. 

I am kinda good with less incarnate and less Praetoria driven content to flesh out more rogue / vigilante / under level 50 content. 

Didn't Cupid's arrow basically just restore her sanity? She doesn't exactly profess her love for Recluse after she is shot with it. She just states she is back in her right mind and that Arachnos has changed greatly in the time she was dead. (Though Recluse's response had me wondering how Arachnos was going to change with her return.)

No new zones. Enough already. Just stop it. Stop. We have so many empty ones...serenity now!

You want a new global threat. I'd be happy with something that is just new. The HC content...I haven't enjoyed the material they've added. The main issue is it feels like the same old - similar style, run arounds, enemy groups aren't that different...the list goes on. I've been hoping the HC team went in a new, original direction but it hasn't happened. Not even close. I will continue to hope.

Costume pieces would be great but I don't know if HC has the devs to pull this off. I don't think HC has added much in regards to costumes. 

Edited by BurtHutt

7 minutes ago, Ghost Angel said:

I've about done it all. A few new zones even for something different would be welcomed by many. I dint mean for you get upset over it. Still, I stand behind what I posted.

Oh no, not upset in the slightest. This is just a preference.

I'd like to see new. But I feel it's somewhat wasted making new zones. I'd use the resources to make new maps for new Trials or TFs/SFs. Make them unique so it's different.

I also would love to see new factions, heroes, villains, big bads, monsters and so on. It's sad to see that we're not going in this direction but oh well. I enjoy playing in the City for a bit and then taking a break. I don't play as much as I used to and I know it's partially due to all of the new stuff having the feel and look of what has been in game for years. 🙂 

I always wanted to see the MM pet customization.  I would love Clockwork or Nemesis Pets for robts...etc.

As for a new threat....I Know several of the PK on Virtue always thought the Giant Nemesis robot in the mountain on Striga...would make another GM attack.  Have it launch and say attack AP...would have been great fun In our opinion.

Another could be some sort of interdimensional type.  Perhaps some of Mot's pals, coming to play...or to go with the Elder Gods....despite them being over done.  A Demonic Invasion....akin to Planet Apocalypse....  I think wee could use a Magic themed one....bu tthat is me 🙂