Farming vs whatever for fast inf building

On 2/29/2024 at 5:11 AM, BigKahuna337 said:

4 or 5 purple sets. Each individual enhancement is ~20M so for the set 120M. So then 4 or 5 of those sets 480-600M. Then I still have to slot everything else and yeah I use boosters anywhere I can. Easily costs 1B+

yeah.. you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over spending and I thank you for it.

Every time you spend $20M that's less work I have to do. So sincerely, thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

IIRC each Winter Pack (25M? in AH) has a chance at something like 2.3 Winter pieces (on average). You can buy those packs and play converter roulette.

Or, each Winter pieces can be bought for 100 merits at a merit vendor.

1 catalyst drops every 24 hours for level 50s, with enough defeats.

On 3/5/2024 at 2:13 PM, BigKahuna337 said:

If I could get Winter Sets for less I'd love to know how! If the option is just bid lower and wait for someone to sell at the lower price, ugh..

That's really the best part about the CoX market, really.  You can make your MIDS build and lowball the expensive stuff on the market.  Keep a vague eye on what is filling to make sure you didn't bid too low, and as you level you can slot up the goodies you bought for cheap.  As you don't slot the purples until the very end you have the longest time to bid for them.

If you wait until the character hits 50 and then fill all the slots at Buy It Nao prices then yes, it will cost you extra inf for the convenience.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 3/5/2024 at 9:13 AM, BigKahuna337 said:

If I could get Winter Sets for less I'd love to know how! If the option is just bid lower and wait for someone to sell at the lower price, ugh..

It is far cheaper to buy Winter Set IOs with 100 Reward Merits than to purchase off the AH.  The prices on the AH are too ridiculous.  I NEVER purchase them from there.  I am not a farmer and inf doesn't come in truckloads for me like it does for others.  But I do play lots of content and collect the Reward Merits. 

Even if you convert the 100 Reward Merits to inf, you still may not get enough to buy the Winter IO or can still only get 1 max - so, might as well make it easy on yourself and just buy it straight from Merit Vendor.

And if you have 25 million to buy the Winter Pack - you may not get an IO at all.  This has happened to me often.  This last time, I had 75M, so I bought 3 packs.  I got 2 IOs from the first.  1 from the 2nd.  And none from the 3rd.  So it all ended up making the 3 I got worth 25M each.  😞  Sometimes you get lucky, and other times not.  When inf is tight - gambling and losing is very painful.  If you're rolling inf, the loses don't hurt as much.

Take advantage of the Weekly Strike Targets (WSTs) - the selected Task/Strike Forces and Trials that will earn you double Reward Merits.  Run story arcs (through contacts or ouro) - they can be quick and the RMs will stack up.  Hami Raid - typically, they'll run through 3 times in a session - that's 160 RMs or 120 RMs + a HO... either way, that's 1 Winter IO for ~30 mins of work.  

Good luck!

On 3/5/2024 at 7:22 AM, tidge said:

IIRC each Winter Pack (25M? in AH) has a chance at something like 2.3 Winter pieces (on average).

It's around 1.2 per pack, same as the ATO packs.

2 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

And if you have 25 million to buy the Winter Pack - you may not get an IO at all.  This has happened to me often.  This last time, I had 75M, so I bought 3 packs.  I got 2 IOs from the first.  1 from the 2nd.  And none from the 3rd.  So it all ended up making the 3 I got worth 25M each.

If you add up the other tradeable items you got as drops from the pack you almost certainly came out ahead, especially if you are willing to burn a catalyst and unslotter to make the enhancements into the superior versions.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 minute ago, macskull said:

If you add up the other tradeable items you got as drops from the pack you almost certainly came out ahead, especially if you are willing to burn a catalyst and unslotter to make the enhancements into the superior versions.

Absolutely not - at least not in my experience.  Catalyzing and unslotting to sell a Superior Version does not make you come out ahead - Superior versions are going for 20-25M each.  Maybe they went for more previously, but not now. 

And all the other tradeable items i usually get are team inspires - worth nothing.  Candy Canes - worth little to nothing, but can save up to buy a Winter's Gift IO and sell, but they don't go for much either.  And then there's all the non-tradeable things you get as well - so can't get any Inf back from those.  Occasionally, I do get 25 Reward Merits which are added to others to convert into other Winter Event IOs, not converted to inf.  Unslotters and catalysts are all kept as I need those anyway. 

Only when you get 2 enhancement in a pack do you turn profit.  If you get none - you lose big.  Getting one - you basically break even.  Besides, I don't sell the enh's anyway - they will always be used.  🙂  

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

Only when you get 2 enhancement in a pack do you turn profit.  If you get none - you lose big.  Getting one - you basically break even.  Besides, I don't sell the enh's anyway - they will always be used.  🙂  

Statistically speaking, if the sale price of the non-catalyzed enhancements is over about 20-21 million, you come out ahead getting them through super packs, but if you lowball bids and are patient paying under 20 million is more efficient than buying them directly with merits since the current going rate for a merit's worth of salvage is about 200k.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 hour ago, macskull said:

Statistically speaking...

Yes... that means purchasing multiple packs over time.  But if you're poor and don't have billions or even hundreds of millions inf lying around to take advantage of the law of averages (like what this thread is about), then it doesn't matter about the long run.  One or two losses can devastate a personal economy.  I've experienced opening up 4 packs in a row (across a couple toons because Inf was split) and I received NO enh in any of those packs.  It took me a long time to recover from that (I'm a casual player).  

....if the sale price of the non-catalyzed enhancements is over about 20-21 million, you come out ahead getting them through super packs....

Yes, with long trends over time, you will break even if not net more.  But it's a rich-person's game.  You have to have the inf reserves to cover your losses until you get the windfalls.

....but if you lowball bids and are patient paying under 20 million is more efficient than buying them directly with merits since the current going rate for a merit's worth of salvage is about 200k.

Yes, it CAN be efficient, if you don't mind waiting for a lowball bid to go through (sometimes they never do and you have to up it), and also know which salvage to convert to, and hope the market doesn't get flooded and the price drop on your sales, etc, etc, etc.  But still....

That's a lot of time and effort to get 1 IO for the same 100 RMs you just spent converting and marketing that you could've just walked up to the vendor and purchased.  Yes, savvy people may make some extra inf that way.  But many people just want easy way to get the Winter IO (Which is what this thread is all about and why I suggested buying directly with RMs).  There is no shame in just spending that 100 RMs on a direct purchase from the vendor for a Winter Set IO - you're roughly breaking even until you build up enough reserves you can play the Pack Roulette game.

....Now ATOs, is a whole other story.  Most definitely, convert the RMs and sell the salvage on market as you can get all 12 of your ATOs for roughly 400-500 RMs (depending on AT), and probably have significant cash afterwards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

That's really the best part about the CoX market, really.  You can make your MIDS build and lowball the expensive stuff on the market.  Keep a vague eye on what is filling to make sure you didn't bid too low, and as you level you can slot up the goodies you bought for cheap.  As you don't slot the purples until the very end you have the longest time to bid for them.

If you wait until the character hits 50 and then fill all the slots at Buy It Nao prices then yes, it will cost you extra inf for the convenience.

Its a pro and a con since a global auction system is also easily manipulated. Ive seen it happen in countless mmos.