Does the Celerity +Stealth IO stack with Shadowfall / Steamy Mist?

Story Archer

4 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

It always did, but as of Page 5 a +stealth IO will only stack with the highest source of stealth on most ATs.  Meaning that you can no longer stack stealth from Shadowfall/Steamy Mist/Arctic Fog, Super Speed, and a +stealth IO.

So it's not that the Stealth IO didn't stack with the various powers, it's that the various powers don't stack with each OTHER?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lunar Ronin said:

It always did, but as of Page 5 a +stealth IO will only stack with the highest source of stealth on most ATs.  Meaning that you can no longer stack stealth from Shadowfall/Steamy Mist/Arctic Fog, Super Speed, and a +stealth IO.

Incorrect. Shadow Fall, Steamy Mist and other stealth powers (i.e., Stealth, Super Speed) don't stack with each other, but they all stack with +Stealth IOs. Shadow Fall/Steamy Mist plus a Celerity +Stealth IO will give you invisibility to all but snipers and drones.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

8 minutes ago, Story Archer said:

So it's not that the Stealth IO didn't stack with the various powers, it's that the various powers don't stack with each OTHER?

Correct.

8 minutes ago, Uun said:

Incorrect. Shadow Fall, Steamy Mist and other stealth powers (i.e., Stealth, Super Speed) don't stack with each other, but they all stack with +Stealth IOs. Shadow Fall/Steamy Mist plus a Celerity +Stealth IO will give you invisibility to all but snipers and drones.

... That's what I said?

4 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

... That's what I said?

Sorry, not how I read it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Removing the stacking of +stealth powers was a silly change made against how the game worked for eighteen years prior, all in a futile attempt to curb advanced mode speed running.  All that happened is that advanced mode speed running teams started demanding that people start taking Stealth (the power), and/or a tier 4 Incandescent Radial Destiny which does stack +stealth.  But I digress.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 8:28 AM, Lunar Ronin said:

Removing the stacking of +stealth powers was a silly change made against how the game worked for eighteen years prior, all in a futile attempt to curb advanced mode speed running.  All that happened is that advanced mode speed running teams started demanding that people start taking Stealth (the power), and/or a tier 4 Incandescent Radial Destiny which does stack +stealth.  But I digress.

Little extra Def doesn’t hurt 

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

On 2/29/2024 at 11:28 AM, Lunar Ronin said:

but who doesn't already take stealth? 🤣

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?