Fixing fire control after bonfire nerf.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Luminara said:

That was Issue 5.  And Fire Control remained the most popular controller/dominator set, despite having fewer hard controls than other sets.

For nineteen years.

You're not going to find gold ingots in a humanure pile, no matter how frantically you scrabble around in it.

It still has that ROLE yes, but it's still vastly different compared to it's low control. Granted the "bug" I would assume it is as the devs haven't outright said anything regarding it and I'd highly doubt that was their intention, make it work enough still, but it would be more than justified to have a little extra control somewhere in this case being smoke (or at the very least upping it's -to hit to 15%), though would rather just have bonfire working properly.

Just because something has been broken for a long time, doesn't mean it's not still broken, obviously, or nothing would have changed since homecoming started. (not saying they haven't done a lot of bad changes too, but you obviously see what i mean)

Edit: you also can't just blatantly say "the most popular control set" when farming is factored in, or fire armor on brutes would truly be "the most popular".

Take away all those fire/kins and fire/rads especially on live, and you'd have MUCH different results.

Edited by WindDemon21
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

you also can't just blatantly say "the most popular control set" when farming is factored in, or fire armor on brutes would truly be "the most popular".

When you flippantly throw out "broken" about everything that isn't exactly the way you want it, you're not qualified to lecture me on criteria.

8 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Just because something has been broken for a long time, doesn't mean it's not still broken

Like that.

You've given no evidence that Fire Control is "broken", you just dig for things that you don't like and present them as evidence, as proudly as a child holding up a papier-mâché ashtray for mommy and daddy to admire.  Not actual facts, just blatant hyperbole presented via loaded phrases and your typical swaggering, "You work for me" attitude.  You casually disregard that there aren't any other complaints about the set, that you're the only one struggling with it, because it doesn't fit your delusion of it being "broken".  You adamantly ignore that you could just unslot that KB->KD IO and use Bonfire as it was designed and intended to be used, as a KB power, because that would give you the extra control you want, hence nullifying your claim that the set is "broken".  You refuse to acknowledge that Fire Control was never supposed to be control-heavy, because then you'd have to admit that it's not "broken".  And in a final act of desperation, you dredge up a change made nineteen year ago, a change that didn't deter anyone from playing it, and wave it around as if it were a leaked memo from the Oval Office.

23 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

would rather just have bonfire working properly.

Case in point.  Bonfire is working properly.  You don't like the way it works, and you have one response to anything that you don't like: "BROKEN!  SO BAD!  NEEDS FIXED!", a one-note horn you've been tooting for so long that the only person who takes you seriously is you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Just increase the ToHit Debuff values of Smoke and give it a %chance to inflict Lung Cancer, causing the enemy to die slowly over the next 3 years.  Done. 

• Haha 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

On 4/4/2024 at 3:14 PM, Luminara said:

When you flippantly throw out "broken" about everything that isn't exactly the way you want it, you're not qualified to lecture me on criteria.

Like that.

You've given no evidence that Fire Control is "broken", you just dig for things that you don't like and present them as evidence, as proudly as a child holding up a papier-mâché ashtray for mommy and daddy to admire.  Not actual facts, just blatant hyperbole presented via loaded phrases and your typical swaggering, "You work for me" attitude.  You casually disregard that there aren't any other complaints about the set, that you're the only one struggling with it, because it doesn't fit your delusion of it being "broken".  You adamantly ignore that you could just unslot that KB->KD IO and use Bonfire as it was designed and intended to be used, as a KB power, because that would give you the extra control you want, hence nullifying your claim that the set is "broken".  You refuse to acknowledge that Fire Control was never supposed to be control-heavy, because then you'd have to admit that it's not "broken".  And in a final act of desperation, you dredge up a change made nineteen year ago, a change that didn't deter anyone from playing it, and wave it around as if it were a leaked memo from the Oval Office.

Case in point.  Bonfire is working properly.  You don't like the way it works, and you have one response to anything that you don't like: "BROKEN!  SO BAD!  NEEDS FIXED!", a one-note horn you've been tooting for so long that the only person who takes you seriously is you.

You are looking at this at far too much cynical view as well. Whatever your feelings on the matter doesn't change power sets from lacking certain things. It was 100% valid to bring up what changed on the set in the past, because the set doesn't work that way anymore and the things that changed negatively affected the set more than it did other sets. It's not that it's not "exactly how I want it". It's that there is an issue, and I'm simply pointing out what it is, how it affects the set, and things that could fix it. It's not a "final act of desperation," it's simply pointing out reasons that have cause it to be in a certain state, and I'm not the only one who things so either, just the one that cares enough to bring these things up.

However it comes out, that's for emphasis, but doesn't change the fact that it's being brought up for a reason. (that no, is not just me, just go look at the beta discussion if you need to remind yourself that)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1