Is Liquid Nitrogen the AOE damage power for Arsenal?

DougGraves

• 4 weeks later

Yeah it really is kills the damage because of that. But Arsenal Control is surprisingly a high damage control set. Sleep Grenade, Flash Bang and Tear Gas actually do alot of damage without even slotting for their respective controls. 

Edited by Vinceq98

Still working my Arsenal/Traps up, work has been under busy doing audit preps.

echoing Vince above, it’s a pretty high damage set. Sleep grenade (5 Posi blast), if you toss in Flash bang first does very good AOE dmg. Nitrogen (both 5 PosiBlast)  does put out some decent dmg slotted up, but might do better with procs.

I just hit 29 tonight, with about + 41 global Rech and Tricannon finally 4 slotted so I’m seeing the dmg potential. Solid.  And with 80% resist, one +10 pet resist IO will put cannon at the resist cap and cut incoming dmg in half. Excellent tank, with good taunt and pairs well with Triage beacon and FF bot.

AOE dmg wise I’m pretty much blowing through +1/+2 X 8 spawns with 2 5 packs of Posi blast, 1 6 pack of Malaise in Smoke canister, and I think 3 LotG + Rech global and Panacea unique in health. Rest are SOs.

I think I will eventually add 3 FF + Rech in Nitro and the two bombs, global Rech really transforms this build. 

Surprisingly high damage primary and a great pet.

10 hours ago, Vinceq98 said:

Sleep Grenade, Flash Bang and Tear Gas actually do alot of damage

Flash Bang does next to nothing without procs.  Its base damage is something like 12 at level 50, but since it's considered Ranged AoE you can fill it with procs if you want damage from it and it procs well; I have Will of the Controller and Annihilation slotted in it and I see the procs hit most of the mobs with every cast.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.