Further GM tweaks!

Loving the attention GM's received in the lastest patch but there are a few QOL improvements I would like to recommend:

-Ambushes should level-scale.

Just did an Adamastor and the mid-20 level ambush is completely underwhelming. Why even have it when your teams are led by incarnates?

Inversely, during the winter events, I noticed Winter Lords out in the wild spawning underlings at level 50. This would happen in atlas park! It's just irresponsible programming. The adds should just be de-leveled like the GM they come from. The factions in the Croatoa war or the halloween banner events operate this way, so it should be an easy fix. 

-It would be nice if the cooldown for rewards from Scrapyard was scaled down somewhat. I just had my first instance of running it on two separate days with the same toon and not being rewarded anything, let alone monster merits. Maybe six hours? Enough to communicate the message of "go do something else for a while" without the backlash of "oh gee has it not been EIGHTEEN HOURS YET silly me!" that I just went through.

I drawed things:

Gallery of my CoH Pantheon

I agree that the ambushes should scale like the GM that spawns them yeah 🙂 And the second point I agree too, 18 hours seems a bit extreme for something you still have to do work to spawn, it's not like adam where you log on, click a button, bang easy GM.

- Lauci x

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

3 hours ago, Laucianna said:

18 hours seems a bit extreme for something you still have to do work to spawn, it's not like adam where you log on, click a button, bang easy GM.

Except in Adamastor's case which really is just simply walking up to his ritual and clicking to complete the ritual to summon him.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Laucianna said:

18 hours seems a bit extreme for something you still have to do work to spawn,

Players were spawning him every 2-3 minutes (and broadcasting announcements that they were exploiting it for rewards until the next patch imposed the timer so they could recruit more players and speed up the reward train even more).

That's why it can't have a shorter timer.  The reward rate was grossly imbalanced for the amount of "work" it took to spawn the GM.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 minute ago, Luminara said:

Players were spawning him every 2-3 minutes (and broadcasting announcements that they were exploiting it for rewards until the next patch imposed the timer so they could recruit more players and speed up the reward train even more).

That's why it can't have a shorter timer.  The reward rate was grossly imbalanced for the amount of "work" it took to spawn the GM.

It was more like every minute at the time and it wasn't an exploit as GMs were there too farming it, it was an oversight by the Dev team that wasn't picked up in Beta testing so when it was discovered they said it would be patched come Tuesday and to get the most out of it until then. I'm not saying it needs to go down to short a short timer again more like something like once every 6-12 hours, god knows the red side needs some reason for people to go over there 😄

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Banner3.jpg.79155737d064c3e5bab470e86fe0e248.jpg
❤️ Kheldian Guide ❤️

🎖️ Friday Fashion Contest 🎖️

🗒️Character Wiki🗒️
Friendly reminder that no matter what anyone or anything is saying, you ARE loved AND valued in life no matter what.

5 minutes ago, Laucianna said:

It was more like every minute at the time and it wasn't an exploit as GMs were there too farming it

Allowing players to take advantage of it without repercussion doesn't change what it was.  It was an exploit.

12 minutes ago, Laucianna said:

red side needs some reason for people to go over there

A five minute hit it and quit it isn't going to improve red-side retention.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, SpookTheHerd said:

How is it that 18 hours is the magical number that manages to attain balance for you?

If you're asking why 18 hours was chosen, the answer is presumably for the same reason it was used on the original servers: to set a limit which equates to once per day for the majority of players, without setting a hard 24 hour limit that might impose an undue penalty on players would couldn't log on at exactly the same time every day.

If you're asking why I believe Scrapyard should have an 18 hour timer on rewards, I never said that.  I explained why the timer was implemented.

24 minutes ago, SpookTheHerd said:

The same single player can spawn GWW once and hour by killing 20 regular War Walkers.

And if that's abused, the rewards for it will be put on a timer, too.