Smaller storage objects for bases

Apologies if this has been suggested before. 

Would it be possible to make smaller scale versions of the existing item storage bins for bases?  Stuff like enhancement bins, inspiration storage, the salvage vault and salvage racks are enormous and they're a real pain to use if you just want to build a small room or two.  It would be great if we can get smaller sized objects instead.

For example, there's all kinds of cool new stuff in the base editor like crates, boxes, pallets and such that could work.  Is it doable to maybe use some of those models as the storage bin object?  I'm sure it's not as simple as just copying the storage bin object code to a new object and changing what model it uses.

Also, not sure if this is feasible or not, but having a single salvage or enhancement storage item that has the storage limit increased from 100 to maybe 1,000 or whatever the hard storage limit is for a base.  You'd have to restrict it so that you could only place one of the max storage items in a base, but at least that way we could just place 1 storage item instead of a bunch of them if we wanted. 

One last thing along those lines, it would be great if we could have teleporter objects that can accept more than 10 locations.  Saves those of us looking to build smaller bases a lot of space if we could. 

Would certainly open up some flexibility.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

You can also make existing storage items smaller by embedding them partially in the walls and/or floor. You just need to have enough of them accessible to interact with.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

27 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You can also make existing storage items smaller by embedding them partially in the walls and/or floor. You just need to have enough of them accessible to interact with.

Yes I know and that isn't always feasible to do, especially when building rooms above the base that you'd like to keep compact.  I know there are some workarounds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZacKing said:

Would it be possible to make smaller scale versions of the existing item storage bins for bases?

I like it.

Also, not sure if this is feasible or not, but having a single salvage or enhancement storage item that has the storage limit increased from 100 to maybe 1,000 or whatever the hard storage limit is for a base.

No objection. Also, would like to have a new permission added that makes it accessible to everyone (even non-supergroup members). Need a penny, take a penny.

it would be great if we could have teleporter objects that can accept more than 10 locations

Absolutely, and if we still need to place the waypoint banners near the teleporter, give us an invisible option so we can easily place them on the floor or something. Also, automatically alphabetize the locations on the teleporter.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Not sure what in my post you don't like. I didn't oppose your suggestion, I just attempted to help you find something that might help you.

I already explained your suggestion isn't always workable and isn't a solution in most cases.  You assumed I hadn't tried that already and that  I don't know anything about base building or how to get creative with objects.  Some functional items you can get away with burying/hiding in smaller objects.  Others you can't, especially when working in limited space and building small rooms by hand.

42 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

You assumed I hadn't tried that already and that  I don't know anything about base building or how to get creative with objects.

I prefer to cover my bases. Better to provide information someone already has than withhold information they don't.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Love the idea of more options for storage devices.  Especially if we can have ones with larger capacity, even if there could only be 1 in the base.  Love the idea of a single teleport device too that goes to all locations.

Alternative storage mediums:

• Filing Cabinets  (relatively small and mundane looking)
    • Where did I keep that enhancement filed under?
  • Computer  (the laptop from the emote... but placeable on surfaces without the tall stand)
    • "Let me just pull up some inspirational memes..."
  • Treasure Chest  (fairly small object, easily tucked into corners)
    • "It's not gold, it's better... it's junk I looted from me enemies!  ARRR!!!  Also some actual gold."
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 9:57 PM, Player2 said:

Alternative storage mediums:

• Filing Cabinets  (relatively small and mundane looking)
    • Where did I keep that enhancement filed under?
  • Computer  (the laptop from the emote... but placeable on surfaces without the tall stand)
    • "Let me just pull up some inspirational memes..."
  • Treasure Chest  (fairly small object, easily tucked into corners)
    • "It's not gold, it's better... it's junk I looted from me enemies!  ARRR!!!  Also some actual gold."

These are great suggestions and would fit very well with quite a lot of the base concepts I've seen around.