Broken Arcs

I just realized several of my arcs were broken with the lastest update - it has to do with using mobs that were also updated

Psychic Clocks

In Return to Faultline, I had mixed in Psychic Clockwork with the old Antimatter and Neuron clocks into a single mob. it no longer recognizes the psychic clocks, I presume because they have updated purple eyes now. I could re-add them to my custom mob but can't open the arc without timing out on my current computer.

If I have a published arc with too many customs in it - whenever I try to open it I get the map server timeout - wish there could be an exception on that when opening an AE arc. 😞 (Wanted to put the new Penelope Mayhem in there and discovered the whole arc is broken.)

When I try to play it, it just does not start - no contact hologram...

Rikti Monkeys

In Monkey Business, which involves the Monkey Fight Club, I had Rikti Monkey mobs recolored to team green, red, and blue and renamed them to match the monkey names in the fight club. Those must have gotten updated/removed with the lady gray update. No more Banananator. I can recolor a single monkey now for each team. but we lost some versions of the underlings to give me the three I needed to give them their unique names. At least I could fix that one.

Rikki Blaster

I also have run into an issue with my Langston Lab mob. My Xenologists used Rikti blasters, and I guess the costume part got renumbered? I could easily fix this one at least.

Edited by Ankylosaur

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Hoo boy...I have Psychic Clocks in one of my arcs, too. Wonder if I should check it out. They aren't mixed with anything. Maybe I'm safe?

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I guess this is the PSA to always test your arcs when a new issue drops.  It was a thing back in the retail days.

On the other stuff Ankylosaur mentioned, what are your computer settings and what zone do you usually edit your arcs in?  What server shard?  While lots of things can cause a mapserver error, I wonder if we can narrow things down to at least get the arc in a state where you can open it to make edits.

• Like 1

@ZamuelNow - its true about the multiple things affecting it. 

@cranebump - I think it would only be a problem if they were in a custom mob.

I recalled that I have a low level toon sitting in the very quiet King's row, and if I go into the AE editing room that has helped open arcs in the past too. Maybe there are less toggles on things on him to calculate, or the zone is quieter. Whatever the reason, I was able to load and edit Return to Faultline. So now the new Penny Yin took the place of the old one and the psychic clockwork are functioning again. Whew!

In my experience, it's once I get over 40% of the file size (which I think is about 5 times larger than it was on live - so not complaining about it - glad to have the extra space 🙂) when I start timing out with the mapserver opening published arcs. This one was no where near that big at about 28%, so not sure what was up with not being able to open it previously.

I'm usually on Indom, and was in Cap on my first go. Things are a lot busier these days, so maybe that had something to do with it too. This time I edited at 7 AM eastern - a lot quieter.

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

I've found out that it's good to log into your arcs after every major update to see f they still work. I found out now that two of mine somehow forget who the mission contact was and replaced it with a Mek Man.

• Haha 1

Its true. The main reason I started logging into old ones was to update things to take advantage of new options when they come out. 

I wanted the newer Penelope for return to Faultline since I made it in 2020. (In fact there are two AVs and a boss pet version - wonder if one of them is Penelope Mayhem). My Gaians (a DE inspired mob) got updated with some nature powers, and Merulina now has Water Blast! The AE gives even when it muddles things a bit. 🙂

Well I DID make a custom named group using the psychic clockwork, so….

(man… Ain’t no Way I’m going back to look at 32 different arcs)

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

10 hours ago, Ankylosaur said:

I'm usually on Indom, and was in Cap on my first go. Things are a lot busier these days, so maybe that had something to do with it too. This time I edited at 7 AM eastern - a lot quieter.

Redside, Indomitable, and non peak hours.  I really don't know what else to suggest off the top of my head.

10 hours ago, Ankylosaur said:

In my experience, it's once I get over 40% of the file size (which I think is about 5 times larger than it was on live - so not complaining about it - glad to have the extra space 🙂) when I start timing out with the mapserver opening published arcs. This one was no where near that big at about 28%, so not sure what was up with not being able to open it previously.

I wonder if the allowed size was made too big.  The mapserver error is almost sounding like what happens with larger bases.