Task Force difficulty bug?

A few weeks ago, my friends and I did the Synapse Task Force.  My level 17 character led the TF.  My difficulty was very definitely set to default (+0 x1).  Everyone's level keyed to level 17 but the enemies in the TF were level 20-21 throughout, right from the beginning.  It was an exceptionally long and brutal TF but we got through it.  Is this supposed to happen?  Did I set something wrong?  Known bug?  Unknown bug?  Am I overlooking something?

I'm planning to do another TF this weekend with the same group but we don't want this to happen again.

Any insight appreciated.

Edited by Zombra

It's not a bug.  Most Task Forces and Strike Forces are signature, meaning that the mobs will always spawn at a minimum level of whatever the highest level of the TF/SF is.  The Positron TFs are a rare exception.  If you plan to lead a TF or SF, your character should be at least the level of the highest level of the TF/SF, unless you want the increased difficulty.

Edited by Lunar Ronin
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

It's not a bug.  Most Task Forces and Strike Forces are signature, meaning that the mobs will always spawn at a minimum level of whatever the highest level of the TF/SF is.  The Positron TFs are a rare exception.  If you plan to lead a TF or SF, your character should be at least the level of the highest level of the TF/SF, unless you want the increased difficulty.

Informative, thanks.  Does the "level range" even mean anything then?  Any idea why it says 15-20 if it's really just 20 no matter what?

Edited by Zombra

7 minutes ago, Zombra said:

Informative, thanks.  Does the "level range" even mean anything then?  Any idea why it says 15-20 if it's really just 20 no matter what?

It means that mobs will be a minimum level of level 20 if ran at +0, up to level 24 if ran at +4 (why you would even want to do run Synapse at +4 is something you'd have to discuss with a therapist), but anyone from level 15 on up can join.  So, if you form a Synapse TF at level 20, a level 15 Blaster named Joe can join, and be lackeyed up to level 19.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

It means that mobs will be a minimum level of level 20 if ran at +0, up to level 24 if ran at +4 (why you would even want to do run Synapse at +4 is something you'd have to discuss with a therapist), but anyone from level 15 on up can join.  So, if you form a Synapse TF at level 20, a level 15 Blaster named Joe can join, and be lackeyed up to level 19.

Thanks again.  It strikes me that this could really be labelled better.  Anyway, appreciate the explanation.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Zombra said:

Thanks again.  It strikes me that this could really be labelled better.  Anyway, appreciate the explanation.

No problem.  Yeah, I've been asking for some kind of TF/SF/Trial tutorial to be added to the game, because a lot of new and returning players simply don't understand what they are nor how they work.  Homecoming removing the signature part of the Positron TFs didn't help any, as it gives new players a bad idea of what the remaining signature TFs/SFs are like.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1