Synergetic secondary with Arsenal Control?

ccrob00

2 minutes ago, ccrob00 said:

What is a solid synergetic secondary that I should role with Arsenal Control?

Really anything goes, but I personally really like Trick Arrow.  Lots of debuffs that go really well with all the control that arsenal offers. You can get some crazy stacking of -ToHit between  flash arrow and smoke canister (which has the fabulous secondary of confuse).  Solo I like to drop smoke canister, then trigger the confuse with poison gas arrow (which does a little damage so I get xp and adds in -defense to make them more capable of hitting each other while confused).  Of course the obvious /traps will work too.  Pretty much ever arsenal I saw opening day /traps.

But that being said other than /sonic I don't think anything wouldn't pair well with it.  I've made a lot of pairings so far (only one I haven't made yet is /rad, which I suspect will be awesome).  Lately I've been running arsenal/dark.

I love the Tri-cannon.  The taunt is really nice and the damage is respectable.

• Like 1

Im doing Trick Arrow as well. The ability to stack To Hit Debuffs, AoE Hold Debufss, Single Target Holds, Proc the heck out of the Holds, Ice Patch/Oil Slick.. burn em while they flip flop around was too good to pass up.. the only thing missing is an AoE Immobilize. 

i hate to follow the crowd but i am also working on a AR/TA troller and it plays so differently from other trollers that i have had. in the biography i called it a recon unit, and on a team it is exactly that. i run ahead with cloaking device, drop flash arrow and smoke canister on the group ahead, when the rest of the team catches up and engages, i drop the other control powers, debuffing etc, on the group. i work on some of the bosses with arcane bolt, which i happily learned works with containment and can proc for 3x damage. when the rest are mopping up, i run ahead and find the next group. i've played no other troller like this and it makes for a really interesting solo and team combo. tear gas is a hoot, everyone vomits! 😄

11 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Now I want to build an arse/ta myself! If only you could launch arrows from a gun. 

i asked for exactly the same thing!

• Like 1

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

Really enjoying my Arsenal/Storm/Ice.  With so much knockdown and slows you don’t miss an AOE Immobilize, the extra damage from procced out Freezing Rain, Tornado, Lightning Storm and Ice Storm plus procced out Enflame, all while getting out almost everything double to triple thanks to sustained +Recharge in excess of 250% is pure carnage.  One of the higher DPS controller builds I’ve played.

Edited by Crysis

2 hours ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

AR/TA troller

Well here I go - spun one up!

Something pretty interesting to consider is the Frozen blast immob proc in sleep grenade. It has a 90% chance for mag 3 immob on the entire spawn! This gives us the missing piece for aoe immob, while keeping the fantastic procciness and utility of sleep grenade. I'm not sure if mids is counting this per initial impact or over the duration, however. Both cases are very nice, but even better if it's immediate.

I'd like to find a way to work in Entangling arrow, mostly for the ST debuff, but I'm pretty attached to my other power choices.

Fun stuff going on here:

• Great acc against +3's, even without accounting for acid arrow/oil slick debuffs and siphon insight procs.
  • Enough recharge to get you moving along. One strength of Arse/TA is that you have bucketloads of aoe controls, so the pressure is taken off of single powers. You'll always have something powerful ready to shoot.
  • Modest recharge resistance.
  • Lots o' procs! Sleep grenade, acid arrow, flash bang, and ball lightning all do very respectable DPA, and are a worthy damage rotation on their own.
  • A strong ST attach chain. Proccy Tranqilizer, Cryo, and Ice Arrow are not only great damage, but layer very useful control effects as you go. Tranquilizer has some subtle impacts on mob AI, and can really slow down AV's attacks due to disruption of their patterns from the sleep, even discounting the time they actually spend asleep.
  • Modest resists, with Surge of Power to back you up when needed. Surge is just another tool in your belt when controls just aren't going to keep you alive on their own. You don't need it to last forever, as it gives you time to lay down a field of crazy debuffs and controls, and wait for them to come back up in a pinch.

As with all my TA characters, I start with an okay layer of range defense and leave it at that. Here we have not only Flash Arrow, but also Smoke Canister when it's up to floor enemy hit chance.

In practice, I might find Power Sink unnecessary - we'll see. If so, I can swap it in for Entangling Arrow. The real issue here is keeping every power within easy keybind range! This may be the most "Piano" build I've ever put together in CoH. Basically everything is a clicky.

List view:

Spoiler

Selected Powers

Level 1: Tranquilizer

• Slot Level 1: Ice Mistral's Torment: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 48: Ice Mistral's Torment: Damage/Slow
  • Slot Level 48: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 48: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • Slot Level 50: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 1: Flash Arrow

• Slot Level 1: Siphon Insight: ToHit Debuff
  • Slot Level 43: Siphon Insight: Accuracy/ToHit Debuff
  • Slot Level 46: Siphon Insight: ToHit Debuff/Endurance/Recharge
  • Slot Level 46: Siphon Insight: Chance for +ToHit

Level 2: Cryo Freeze Ray

• Slot Level 2: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • Slot Level 3: Apocalypse: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • Slot Level 3: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 42: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • Slot Level 43: Neuronic Shutdown: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • Slot Level 43: Unbreakable Constraint: Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 4: Sleep Grenade

• Slot Level 4: Superior Frozen Blast: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 5: Superior Frozen Blast: Recharge/Chance for Immobilize
  • Slot Level 5: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 9: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • Slot Level 40: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • Slot Level 42: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage

Level 6: Glue Arrow

• Slot Level 6: Ice Mistral's Torment: Endurance/Slow
  • Slot Level 7: Ice Mistral's Torment: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • Slot Level 7: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage

Level 8: Liquid Nitrogen

• Slot Level 8: Artillery: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 9: Bombardment: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 10: Ice Arrow

• Slot Level 10: Ice Mistral's Torment: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 11: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 11: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • Slot Level 39: Gladiator's Net: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • Slot Level 40: Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • Slot Level 40: Neuronic Shutdown: Chance of Damage(Psionic)

Level 12: Cloaking Device

• Slot Level 12: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • Slot Level 13: Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • Slot Level 13: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage

Level 14: Smoke Canister

• Slot Level 14: Coercive Persuasion : Confused
  • Slot Level 15: Coercive Persuasion : Confused/Recharge
  • Slot Level 15: Coercive Persuasion : Confused/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 17: Coercive Persuasion : Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 17: Coercive Persuasion : Confused/Endurance
  • Slot Level 37: Coercive Persuasion : Contagious Confusion

Level 16: Poison Gas Arrow

• Slot Level 16: Call of the Sandman: Chance of Heal Self

Level 18: Flash Bang

• Slot Level 18: Superior Frozen Blast: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 19: Superior Frozen Blast: Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • Slot Level 19: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • Slot Level 36: Javelin Volley: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • Slot Level 37: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage
  • Slot Level 37: Superior Will of the Controller: Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage

Level 20: Acid Arrow

• Slot Level 20: Positron's Blast: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 21: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • Slot Level 21: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage
  • Slot Level 34: Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff
  • Slot Level 34: Touch of Lady Grey: Chance for Negative Damage
  • Slot Level 36: Achilles' Heel: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 22: Tear Gas

• Slot Level 22: Unbreakable Constraint: Hold
  • Slot Level 23: Unbreakable Constraint: Hold/Recharge
  • Slot Level 23: Unbreakable Constraint: Hold/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 25: Unbreakable Constraint: Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 25: Unbreakable Constraint: Hold/Endurance

Level 24: Disruption Arrow

• Slot Level 24: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End

Level 26: Tri-Cannon

• Slot Level 26: Expedient Reinforcement: Accuracy/Damage
  • Slot Level 27: Expedient Reinforcement: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 27: Expedient Reinforcement: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 34: Expedient Reinforcement: Resist Bonus Aura for Pets

Level 28: Oil Slick Arrow

• Slot Level 28: Ragnarok: Damage
  • Slot Level 29: Ragnarok: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 29: Ragnarok: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 33: Ragnarok: Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 33: Ragnarok: Damage/Endurance

Level 30: EMP Arrow

• Slot Level 30: Basilisk's Gaze: Accuracy/Recharge
  • Slot Level 31: Basilisk's Gaze: Recharge/Hold
  • Slot Level 31: Basilisk's Gaze: Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • Slot Level 31: Basilisk's Gaze: Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 32: Hasten

• Slot Level 32: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • Slot Level 33: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 35: Combat Jumping

• Slot Level 35: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • Slot Level 36: Kismet: Accuracy +6%

Level 38: Charged Armor

• Slot Level 38: Gladiator's Armor: End/Resist
  • Slot Level 39: Gladiator's Armor: Resistance
  • Slot Level 39: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 41: Power Sink

• Slot Level 41: Preemptive Optimization: EndMod/Recharge
  • Slot Level 42: Performance Shifter: EndMod/Recharge

Level 44: Ball Lightning

• Slot Level 44: Superior Frozen Blast: Accuracy/Damage
  • Slot Level 45: Superior Frozen Blast: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 45: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • Slot Level 45: Javelin Volley: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • Slot Level 46: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage

Level 47: Surge of Power

• Slot Level 47: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 49: Super Jump

• Slot Level 49: Winter's Gift: Slow Resistance (20%)

Inherent Powers

Health:

• Slot Level 1: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • Slot Level 50: Miracle: +Recovery

Stamina:

• Slot Level 1: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
  • Slot Level 50: Performance Shifter: EndMod

Controller (Arsenal Control - Trick Arrow).mbd

Chunk:

Spoiler

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

• Like 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Trick Arrow if you wanna play in faster groups since you don't need to use your whole kit for each pull. Yet watching everything get locked down due to tear gas and an emp arrow is a thing of beauty. You'll have a tool for every problem yet from my testing the build can be a bit hot yet that's because of my building faults.

Traps if you want to play slow BUT Traps is a bit more hungry for slots. So I would skip the beacon and the drones. Especially the drones since Flashbang is just a more consistent source of stun. This is the one build I would play with the mines due to so much chaos you can get away with setting up at some foe's feet. As I said it's hungry for slots so something is gonna be lacking imo it was the mines I just dropped 2 dam/acc hami's and called it a day.

Force Field is just safe, you can make that pet truly untouchable while having very consistent debuffs from Dampening Field being around 30sec due to Hasten and build itself. Just super safe, Dampening Field honestly carries the safety aspect of the build it's the 2nd power with 6 slots in FF. It's fairly cheap, has very high recharge, flexible power choices and slotting

Dark because Fade, hell even Black Hole could finally be used. Then you now have 2 really strong stuns. Dark on Troller is oppressively defensive you can slot it pretty much the same way it makes the offensive side look good.

Sonic is only interesting for putting both fields on the Bot and letting it run wild. It's already tough, it's gonna be tougher. Yet FF is just better

Time, amazing your bot shouldn't die, hell you shouldn't die. It's tied with Dark and TA with how useful the whole kit is. You can keep the bot buff with Temporal Selection, you have strong snares the AOE can hold which syncs with Tear Gas.

IMO Several synergies to consider.

Arsenal Control has high uptime on overlapping persistent pulsing/reapply AoE controls and several debuffs are also baked into several powers This makes it capable of carrying any secondary.

Where I think Arsenal Control can benefit from its secondary/power pool is being able to apply a DoT + Smoke Canister to activate its Confuse (in its current configuration). You also want to slow movement through these patches to allow the effects to take hold so a secondary with KD or Slow helps keep enemies in patches. These characteristics make /Poison, /TA, /Traps, /Storm. and /Cold worth consideration.

Since the set does have persistent pulse AoE effects that get reapplied this lends itself to pair up with more active secondaries; usually heal based secondaries are tend to be the most active but /TA and /Poison a can fall in this category as well.

You can also look at it through the lens of zone control by shaping the battlespace with control effects. In situations where you have to stand your ground you can lay down an area of denial control wall. Here /Poison, /Time, /Traps, and /TA, /Dark, /Storm and /Cold come into play to add more zone control.

Arsenal also has a bunch of -ToHit and Slow sprinkled through out so stacking these effects can be another approach to take when looking for a suitable pair. Again /TA, /Traps, and /Time pop up but /Storm /Dark and /Poison can meet this criteria as well.

• Like 1