Incoming change to Tri-cannon

evetsleep

There is a new mechanic coming to Tri-cannon which I think is kind of interesting and will help the damage output of Arsenal.  They're adding containment damage to the cannon so that anytime it hits a mezzed baddie that would normally proc containment for a controller it also procs for the cannon.  I gave this a spin on brainstorm and the cannon does indeed get the containment damage proc on mezzed mobs.

For builds that don't offer a lot of damage this'll be a nice way to squeeze out more.  For those that have a lot of damage already...sploosh.

• Thanks 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

I saw this just as you were posting.  This is SWEET.

I’ve already been using Enflame on the taunting Tri-Cannon, and slotted it with a couple of different procs, including the Soulbound proc.  That was already firing off noticeably and since it draws aggro, it was spreading the procc’d out Enflame a bunch (and each target gets a chance to re-proc as it spreads).  Throw in Containment damage, and this is a -meaningful- contribution to my DPS now.

(to be perfectly clear, yes, I know that Enflame doesn’t do any containment bonus damage…just that this upcoming change adds to the neat DPS tricks I’ve already gotten out of my trusty Red Ryder BB Gun buddy).

Edited by Crysis
  • Moose 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Cannot wait. Should help out a lot.

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Just had a chance to log in and try out new Tri Cannon Containment.

So from what I can tell, it now has a -chance- to proc Containment.  It doesn't get Containment damage automatically?  Maybe I'm just reading results incorrectly.

I'm pretty sure when I tested it by holding a baddy each shot got containment damage.  I'll retest tonight.  When I was running around on brainstorm the damage boost was very noticable.

It does double DMG to any held stunned slept or immob target. Make sure you use flash bang and your holds and you'll see the pet go ham. It's helps make up for arsenal controls weak damage output. 

Liquid nitrogen does far less DMG from the beta. I guess it was doing more unexpectedly and that's been fixed. 

15 hours ago, evetsleep said:

I'm pretty sure when I tested it by holding a baddy each shot got containment damage.  I'll retest tonight.  When I was running around on brainstorm the damage boost was very noticable.

I’ll test it again some this AM.  I have a Soulbound proc in there and I can see the soulbound up the damage when it procs (which is frequently), and that may be throwing off my ability to see it -always- proccing Containment damage.  Will test some more.

EDIT: Weirdness.  

I'm lvl 50.  In RWZ against even-conned training dummy, if I do nothing, just summon the Tri Cannon inside the area with the training dummy, it will trigger "CONTAINMENT" three times over the dummy consistently.  It throws out 13 damage 3x each time.  Often, the Soulbound Proc I have in there will trigger and it will do 18 damage 3 times.  Then back to 13.  Not sure why the pet is triggering containment by itself?  I'm not throwing out any holds, etc.

If I do throw out holds, Cryo Freeze, Flash Bang, Smoke, whatever....I'll see the damage from THOSE powers get the Containment boost, but the Tri Cannon keeps throwing 13 damage per round x3...unless it procs Soulbound again, then it throws out 18 damage.

Maybe I need to go test on live critters.  BUt for me, TriCannon is creating it's own Containment.  And 13 damage isn't any different than what I was seeing when I was testing this a week or so ago, before the latest change.   Again...could just be I'm a bad tester and not understanding what I'm seeing.

Edited by Crysis

37 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

The dummies are immobilized by default perhaps? I know this is often the case with destroyable mission objects. 

Did some street testing in PI, even leveled minions, Lt's and Bosses.

You are right, the training dummies are auto-immobilized.  I can see that if I flash bang or smoke grenade a spawn, the Tri Cannon is repeatedly doing Containment damage.  Seems lower base than I recall TBH than before this change, but they are doing it, not creating the Containment condition themselves.

• Thumbs Up 2