The mysterious market forces

Ukase

are really not so mysterious. 

I was talking in game with someone I consider a player with a true affinity for humor about the market. Like many folks, when we see an item that normally sells for 1.5-2.5M, and suddenly we're consistently able to get it for less than 1M...we ask ourselves...what's going on here? 

Also like many of us, we'll pay attention to when Yomo speaks on the market, cuz...well, he's smart. And generous and loaded with inf, but mainly because he seems to have a clear understanding, particularly when he uses 4Binf words like "Fungible".  For weeks, I thought he was talking about Devouring Earth pets, so I set out to clobber as many as I could, hoping to get as rich as Yomo, but all I got was a badge. But I digress. 

The population on HC has picked up, particularly after the licensing agreement with NCSoft, and another bonus influx after page 7. 

I don't have the tools to see how many of that influx are still playing. But, one thing Yomo has said a number of times, "competition is good for the market". 

It's not that great for a certain marketer of mine, but even so, I have to remember that the cheaper IOs become, the further my stockpiles will take me. 

and the same is true for everyone who has stockpiles. So, don't sweat the lower prices. It just means you're richer now than you were before - and you didn't do anything to get that way. It's just the market forces at work. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I don't have the tools to see how many of that influx are still playing. But, one thing Yomo has said a number of times, "competition is good for the market". 

image.png.fc4aacb1a72c8eea819896f047104491.png

TL;DR: still double the population from before the announcement, but about 70% of peak numbers from early January. If the current trend continues we will be back at pre-announcement player numbers by June.

Edited by macskull
  • Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 3/17/2024 at 6:32 PM, macskull said:

TL;DR: still double the population from before the announcement, but about 70% of peak numbers from early January. If the current trend continues we will be back at pre-announcement player numbers by June.

that is assuming a straight slope rather than a curved. by june it could easily even out at about 2500-2750... though around 2400 would probably be more likely in six months. 😎

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz