The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Maybe the term "Organic" is what I'm looking for.

Perfidy

I have badged before. I will badge again. 
And when I use badge as a verb, my intended meaning is to convey playing with the specific purpose of pursuing each badge there is to get, not just the convenient/easy ones. 

What I want to try and find is a route, or path to take that allows me to acquire two badges in particular "organically", that is - I don't want to hunt for them on the open map. I want to find them in missions at certain levels. 

My pattern of play usually involves getting invader at any time between level 4 and level 22 or so. Then, I usually log on an alt that's a fire blaster, team with the alt that wants spider smasher and gang buster badges in pursuit of High Pain Threshold. After I get that, I will do a moonfire and handle the Atlas Medallion.  

I've been able to add Shauna something or another, a vigilante specific contact in IP, in conjunction with Stephanie Peebles arc to acquire or minimize the hunting involved for Gangbuster (200 family minion/lt defeats) but I can't seem to grab a mission with primarily spiders in it - due, I suppose to my poor knowledge of red side. 

I have done Aaron Thiery's arc - it has a number of Spiders in it, but at that low level, I'm lacking the efficiency. It's difficult getting a team for an actual mission, as opposed to dfb or a frostfire. 

Do any of you know of a contact or even a radio/paper mission that might contain primarily the Spider Ops critters? Preferably in the teens or 20's when I tend to be thinking about such things. 

Because I tend to park a character at 50, doing these things at level 50 doesn't seem like an appealing thought. I'd like to use the accolade powers sooner than later. Waiting until 50 to get them, that just seems like a waste of time for me. 

Since High Pain Threshold is a villain accolade, what do you red-siders do to get this badge? Just play and eventually you get the defeats? Or are there any tried/true methods that you seek out, aside from hunting them. 

I can hunt them easily enough, and get both in less than 30 minutes, but when the server population is a little high, I don't want to risk breaking the multi-box policy, so I was hoping for a simpler method that would get me where I want to go without waiting too long. I can get the Hard Luck badge at 30, and commit suicide in Monster Island easily enough, but I tend to want to have those two defeat badges by 30. 

Any suggestions? 

47 minutes ago, Perfidy said:

I have badged before. I will badge again. 
And when I use badge as a verb, my intended meaning is to convey playing with the specific purpose of pursuing each badge there is to get, not just the convenient/easy ones. 

What I want to try and find is a route, or path to take that allows me to acquire two badges in particular "organically", that is - I don't want to hunt for them on the open map. I want to find them in missions at certain levels. 

My pattern of play usually involves getting invader at any time between level 4 and level 22 or so. Then, I usually log on an alt that's a fire blaster, team with the alt that wants spider smasher and gang buster badges in pursuit of High Pain Threshold. After I get that, I will do a moonfire and handle the Atlas Medallion.  

I've been able to add Shauna something or another, a vigilante specific contact in IP, in conjunction with Stephanie Peebles arc to acquire or minimize the hunting involved for Gangbuster (200 family minion/lt defeats) but I can't seem to grab a mission with primarily spiders in it - due, I suppose to my poor knowledge of red side. 

I have done Aaron Thiery's arc - it has a number of Spiders in it, but at that low level, I'm lacking the efficiency. It's difficult getting a team for an actual mission, as opposed to dfb or a frostfire. 

Do any of you know of a contact or even a radio/paper mission that might contain primarily the Spider Ops critters? Preferably in the teens or 20's when I tend to be thinking about such things. 

Because I tend to park a character at 50, doing these things at level 50 doesn't seem like an appealing thought. I'd like to use the accolade powers sooner than later. Waiting until 50 to get them, that just seems like a waste of time for me. 

Since High Pain Threshold is a villain accolade, what do you red-siders do to get this badge? Just play and eventually you get the defeats? Or are there any tried/true methods that you seek out, aside from hunting them. 

I can hunt them easily enough, and get both in less than 30 minutes, but when the server population is a little high, I don't want to risk breaking the multi-box policy, so I was hoping for a simpler method that would get me where I want to go without waiting too long. I can get the Hard Luck badge at 30, and commit suicide in Monster Island easily enough, but I tend to want to have those two defeat badges by 30. 

Any suggestions? 

Doc Delilah and Agent G contacts (lvl 20-24) in Faultline has Arachnos throughout their arcs.  They are fun arcs too.  And you can get your Ouro portal organically through them, if you haven't gotten it already.

You'll have to play around with team-size settings too.  With Arachnos and larger teams, you tend get more of the spider robots, fortunatas, Mus, etc instead of the wolf spider minions.  So, maybe something around x4 or x5 might yield more Wolf Spiders than a higher setting - maybe??  Like I say, play with it.

High Pain Threshold / Freedom Phalanx Reserve - I find this is easier to get the Freedom Phalanx Reserve accolade over High Pain Threshold villainside.  HPT requires your 3rd debt badge.  So, you have to die a lot to get it.  I hate that.  Otherwise, the defeats for the Wolf Spiders come naturally over time.  But while Missions redside with Family exist, like Billie Heck in PO has some, but they are few in number overall.  You have to jack up your settings to x8 or get a full team to get the most out them.  I still usually have to street sweep or farm for them. 

To me, the defeats for FPR (Tanks, Gears, Fake Nems) are easier to come organically - gears through Posi and Synapse TFs, Tanks through Yin TF and other story arcs, and Fakes, even though they do not spawn lower than lvl 40, you can get on a mission team fighting Fakes or hunt them in the Shadow Shard or PI (to get it earlier), or at lvl 40 you can run Part 5 of Pandora's Box.  

Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later
On 3/19/2024 at 11:08 AM, Perfidy said:

Do any of you know of a contact or even a radio/paper mission that might contain primarily the Spider Ops critters?

Just as an FYI, I can't say that it only has spiders, but running Agent G's stuff, 4th story arc contact in Faultline (annoying location and annoying mission locations - mission tp is worth it, imo) his arc has at least one mission, that running at +2/1 on my stalker, most of the npcs were spiders. I think between Theiry and Agent G, I want to say I got 135 spiders. And that was without killing every spider I saw. Jim Temblor's finale with nocturne, running at +1/1, there's still about 20-30 in there if you're going out of your way to get them. 

So, I think it's probable that you could get this badge organically, as you describe it - but you might have to run at 0/2 or 0/3...but I don't know if the increased team count creates a different arachnos mixture of critters.