Homage to the Power Rangers

smnolimits43

Just now, smnolimits43 said:

Alright, so i have a name.  Not sure on the powers though, i was thinking Martial Arts Scrapper.  Not sure on the Secondary ???  What do you guys think ??

Well, the transformation does grant the person a degree of increased durability, but it seems to me that it is their will to fight that truly empowers them, so maybe willpower for the secondary.  

Ok so i decided to do some research.  These are the 15 powers that the website has shown.

1) Forcefields

2) Telekinesis

3) Sonic Attacks

4) Talking to Animals

5) Psychic Powers

6) Invisibility

7)  Super Strength

8 ) Elements Manipulation

9) Skin Hardening

10) Super Speed

11) Self Replication

12) Molecular Alteration

13) Enhanced Memory

14) Super Hearing and Vision

15) Super Agility

4 minutes ago, smnolimits43 said:

Ok so i decided to do some research.  These are the 15 powers that the website has shown.

Can you clarify what website/source you are referencing, and is it stating that all the powers in the list you posted are possessed by every Power Ranger, or simply that they have been demonstrated at least once by certain Power Rangers?

7 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

Alright, so i have a name.  Not sure on the powers though, i was thinking Martial Arts Scrapper.  Not sure on the Secondary ???  What do you guys think ??

MA/SR is almost too classic to pass up

I think the thing is, the Power Rangers have used so many different powers, you really could use anything.  I would ping them as mostly melee fighters having so sort of personal weapon.   Any scrapper holding a weapon could work.  I wanted to role a scrapper, but was struggling with a theme.   But now I think I found it.  Thank you for the inspiration, and may the power protect you.

On 3/20/2024 at 5:43 AM, venetiasilver said:

MA/SR is almost too classic to pass up

The thing is, Power Rangers get hit all the time, so /SR doesn't seem like the correct armor set to give them...

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

The thing is, Power Rangers get hit all the time, so /SR doesn't seem like the correct armor set to give them...

They do like doing poses though.
Practiced Brawler is a total Power Ranger move.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, biostem said:

I would think Energy Aura - like - the suit is the energy powered armor. 

1 minute ago, Infinitum said:

I would think Energy Aura - like - the suit is the energy powered armor. 

From a mechanics standpoint, absolutely, but in how the Rangers are presented, it's more like invuln or willpower, as there's generally not the kind of energy spheres you get with energy aura...

18 minutes ago, biostem said:

From a mechanics standpoint, absolutely, but in how the Rangers are presented, it's more like invuln or willpower, as there's generally not the kind of energy spheres you get with energy aura...

Mechanics would rule out willpower, leaving invul.  I think EA is a better fit, but you are right there were never auras. Maybe chalk it up to low budget television and use EA anyway?  😅

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Mechanics would rule out willpower, leaving invul.  I think EA is a better fit, but you are right there were never auras. Maybe chalk it up to low budget television and use EA anyway?  😅

When you comes right down to it, play what you love.  Frankly, I'm more impressed by those that can put together a cohesive look and build/play competently than what particular powersets they chose...

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, biostem said:

When you comes right down to it, play what you love.  Frankly, I'm more impressed by those that can put together a cohesive look and build/play competently than what particular powersets they chose...

True that, homage but own it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

alright so i tried a few powers today, i finally decided upon MA/SR scrapper.  My name is Bodan Ranger.  What the heck is a Bodan Ranger you might ask ?? Bodan is a belt in Hapkido.  It's a red belt, with a black stripe.  I also received a white stripe on top of that.  So those are the colors i went with.

Screenshot2024-03-23210727.thumb.png.b932b13657af926fefa69f22e5319ae7.png