Miss Thystle's Plea (hero tip) - NPC allies can't be buffed

Luminara

In the Miss Thystle's Plea level 50 Hero tip, Miss Thystle and Frostfire are friendlies who have to be rescued from Nemesis troops.  After rescuing them, trying to use Grant Invisibility on them (tested on both) fails with "Invalid Target".

image.thumb.jpeg.d6bb1a658bf80a512d725810c346cdcf.jpeg

Edited by Luminara

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Looking at City of Data for Grant Invisibility, the power only affects Leaguemates rather than Allies.  Therefore, NPC allies ARE ineligible targets.  In fact, so would be players you are not teamed with.  I’m not sure this is actually a bug.

My guess is the intention was to prevent drive-by buffing rendering people unable to see their costumes/characters.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Honorbridge said:

Looking at City of Data for Grant Invisibility, the power only affects Leaguemates rather than Allies.  Therefore, NPC allies ARE ineligible targets.  In fact, so would be players you are not teamed with.  I’m not sure this is actually a bug.

It works on other NPC allies.  It's bugged (for Frostfire and Miss Thystle, that is).

Edited by Luminara
Clarification

Rebirth (Destiny Incarnate ability), Call to Justice and Grant Cover don't affect Frostfire or Miss Thystle, either.  Changing the title.

• Luminara changed the title to Miss Thystle's Plea (hero tip) - NPC allies can't be buffed
On 3/23/2024 at 2:53 AM, Luminara said:

It works on other NPC allies.  It's bugged (for Frostfire and Miss Thystle, that is).

I was once like you, Luminara. I too thought the world was simple.

• Haha 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

4 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I was once like you, Luminara. I too thought the world was simple.

The world is simple.  My chainsaw makes it so.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Luminara said:

The world is simple.  My chainsaw makes it so.

I do love a good chainsaw, but you missed a great opportunity with this reply.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

37 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I do love a good chainsaw, but you missed a great opportunity with this reply.

I couldn't remember what was being referenced (i know it, i just can't dig it out of the pile in my head), so I winged it.

• Haha 1