Robotics - Upgrade Robot Enhancement Not Working

Aryn

Hello! I found a funny little bug playing my Bots Mastermind recently after reviewing the ol' Page 5 information and fixing up enhancements.

Turns out, if you use Single Origin Enhancements, they do not correctly improve the heal on Repair granted to Protector Bots by the Upgrade Robot power. I didn't have an Invention enhancement at the time of testing numbers, and it made no change when I used a L53 SO on it, but a regular L50 IO improved the heal it gives.

I'm left wondering if other SOs don't improve powers that have been adjusted like this in turn! I know not many people use SOs at all but it's definitely a weird occurrence. I haven't had the chance to test if it's just a certain level of SO but I can imagine it's all SOs that normally did not get used in this power prior to Issue 27, Page 5.

Maybe because it spawns Protector Bots of lvl 49, thus they can't benefit of lvl 53 enhancements? But anyway, who even uses SO's when IO's are all way better?

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

21 hours ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Maybe because it spawns Protector Bots of lvl 49, thus they can't benefit of lvl 53 enhancements? But anyway, who even uses SO's when IO's are all way better?

Oh that's possible, in retrospect, now that I think about it. Mind, the only reason I had done this was it was a moment of 'huh, let me test and verify' because I hadn't played the Bots MM in forever and simply had the spare healing SO to jam in there. Still, not the worst bug, but as mentioned, a funny little discovery.

52 minutes ago, Aryn said:

Oh that's possible, in retrospect, now that I think about it. Mind, the only reason I had done this was it was a moment of 'huh, let me test and verify' because I hadn't played the Bots MM in forever and simply had the spare healing SO to jam in there. Still, not the worst bug, but as mentioned, a funny little discovery.

Try to create AE mission (not necessarily to publish), set min enemy level 54, max enemy level 54. This way all entities inside will be lvl 50, even MM pets those are supposed to be 48 or 49. And then look if the enhancement will work there. If they work unlike in all other are - the reason is described truly.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

Tested, verified; 53 Healing SO does not work to improve the healing whilst the Protector Bot is 50 or 49, only the IO does! Thankfully not many people use SOs but that's still a peculiar discovery purely by chance.

Repair Value with 53 Healing SO: 209/210 on L49/50 entity

Healing amount where somewhere near 300, a very clear difference with a regular L50 IO

6 hours ago, Purrfekshawn said:

Try to create AE mission (not necessarily to publish), set min enemy level 54, max enemy level 54. This way all entities inside will be lvl 50, even MM pets those are supposed to be 48 or 49. And then look if the enhancement will work there. If they work unlike in all other are - the reason is described truly.

The level of the enemies in a mission does not affect the levels of the pets a MM summons. That is one of the complaints some MM players have, that enemies grow in difficulty but MM pets do not match.

4 hours ago, Aryn said:

Tested, verified; 53 Healing SO does not work to improve the healing whilst the Protector Bot is 50 or 49, only the IO does! Thankfully not many people use SOs but that's still a peculiar discovery purely by chance.

Repair Value with 53 Healing SO: 209/210 on L49/50 entity

Healing amount where somewhere near 300, a very clear difference with a regular L50 IO

If you want to try a test, try slotting your Protector Bots with level 52 SOs.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

If you want to try a test, try slotting your Protector Bots with level 52 SOs.

Did the test! 52 SO worked, so it's a matter of the 53 SO not actually working.

image.png.dad60369d9a02130c377b4904ac7df7d.png

Sadly even with the Level labeled that way, 53 still didn't work, 52 did, even if they got the improvement by having the level set at 50.

Conclusion of test: 53 SO will not work on enhancing the Repair Benefit due to it being effectively +4, regardless of any forced level setting by AE and other conditions,

1 hour ago, Aryn said:

Did the test! 52 SO worked, so it's a matter of the 53 SO not actually working.

image.png.dad60369d9a02130c377b4904ac7df7d.png

Sadly even with the Level labeled that way, 53 still didn't work, 52 did, even if they got the improvement by having the level set at 50.

Conclusion of test: 53 SO will not work on enhancing the Repair Benefit due to it being effectively +4, regardless of any forced level setting by AE and other conditions,

Then it is working correctly. The Protector Bots are level 49 and they can't use anything more than 3 levels higher than them.