Electric + Dark: Which AT/Combo?

So I've long been a fan of both Electric and Dark/Shadow type powersets (thus the username Shadowstorm :p) I guess I like the cracklin power of electricity mixed with the flow of shadows/dark. The juxtaposition of light and dark. Anyways, I'd love to create a hero that represented this and combined Electricity and Dark in some way.

I want to share a few of the combos I have in mind, and I'd love for you to share which you think works best! Or, if you have a suggestion of your own, pleae let me know!

Some that I've been brewing over:

Dark Armor/Electric Melee Tanker: This one was recently posted about and I think it makes for a really cool "control tanker." With Dark Armor's shadow look and bright electric melee attacks, I think this one might be the most aesthetically fitting. Seems like some nice control on the combo, and Lightning Rod truly feels like a God like power!

Elec Control/Dark Assault Dominator: This one seems to have some nice synergy and aestheics as well! Elec control has an interesting sleep power, decent endurance recovery and endurance drain, all of which are boosted by Dark Assault's Gather Shadows. Perma Dom will probably make you feel like a Light/Dark God haha

Electric Armor/Dark Melee Tanker: The inverse of the first combo. Maybe not as aesthically neutral (it'll lean more electric) but with two endurance recoveries and two heals, this combo seems like it'll be the energizer bunny and just keep going and going and going 😂

Storm/Water Blast Defender: Storm kind of has some electricness to it with it's controls and thunderclouds. For Water Blast, I was thinking you could color it all black and it would look like you are controlling darkness. Perhaps Storm/Storm would be more fitting?

Electric Control/Dark Affinity Controller: I'm not sure how Electric Controll is on a controller, but I hear Dark Affinity is the business.

Dark Melee/Shield Scrapper: Now this one is a little off the wall, but Dark Melee Soul Noir mixed with Black and Gold has a cool look. For Shield, you would just use the Electric Shield and Electric aura. Maybe go Zapp/Ball Lightning as well.

Edited by Shadowstorm06

17 hours ago, Shadowstorm06 said:

Electric Control/Dark Affinity Controller: I'm not sure how Electric Control is on a controller, but I hear Dark Affinity is the business.

I'm leveling this now (currently lvl 48) and having a lot of fun with it. One of the safest non-armored characters I've ever played. Electric is light on damage, so you'll want to add procs and/or additional attacks if you plan to solo. Damage gets a little better once you get Gremlins, but they have the AI of monkeys on crack so you have to keep them buffed and healed. I lean heavily on Synaptic Overload (chain confuse), which takes a bit of practice since the confuse takes a few seconds to spread. Static Field (location sleep) is also very good, as is Jolting Chain (chain knockdown), particularly since the Gremlins also get this power.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

19 hours ago, Shadowstorm06 said:

Dark Armor/Electric Melee Tanker

I have one of these, and with the way Dark Armor works, it can be a wild ride, lightning rod-ing into a group and hitting that heap asap!. The aesthetics of clouds and lightning are top notch. Could be fun!

(of course the real answer is: This is Homecoming! Make all of those characters!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uun said:

I'm leveling this now (currently lvl 48) and having a lot of fun with it. One of the safest non-armored characters I've ever played. Electric is light on damage, so you'll want to add procs and/or additional attacks if you plan to solo. Damage gets a little better once you get Gremlins, but they have the AI of monkeys on crack so you have to keep them buffed and healed. I lean heavily on Synaptic Overload (chain confuse), which takes a bit of practice since the confuse takes a few seconds to spread. Static Field (location sleep) is also very good, as is Jolting Chain (chain knockdown), particularly since the Gremlins also get this power.

Good to know! I know a lot of people plan Ill/Dark, so I thought this sounds like a fun alternative.

12 minutes ago, BZRKR said:

I have one of these, and with the way Dark Armor works, it can be a wild ride, lightning rod-ing into a group and hitting that heap asap!. The aesthetics of clouds and lightning are top notch. Could be fun!

(of course the real answer is: This is Homecoming! Make all of those characters!)

Absolutely, I feel like aesthetically this one fits REALLY well haha

1 hour ago, Shadowstorm06 said:

Good to know! I know a lot of people plan Ill/Dark, so I thought this sounds like a fun alternative.

I don't understand the attraction of Ill/Dark. The only powers that benefit PA are Tar Patch and Howling Twilight.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Uun said:

I don't understand the attraction of Ill/Dark. The only powers that benefit PA are Tar Patch and Howling Twilight.

I've got one of these, that I take for a spin occasionally.

When deciding to build one, I didn't even think about PA and how best to leverage it for damage. 

I just thought, that it would be fun and it is. 

For me at least, the days of 'what secondary makes the most of PA' are gone. With Incarnate and the ability to level so quickly now , I never go beyond the fun factor. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:55 AM, Uun said:

It has enough defense to also keep phantasm alive and blasting too (which is no easy feat typically).   It is a decent pairing and far from the worst even if only looking at PA thanks to tar patch alone.    It has good -regen so still works well as an AV killer which is why a lot of people even roll illusion.  Dark gives enough defense/res/healing so you don't have to sweat if you have a few seconds of PA downtime.  Dark servant is always nice for some extra control thrown in as well, which can be helpful for illusion. 

After all that though, I still ended up liking my old illusion/rad better, so I get your point.

• Like 1