Summoning Giant Monsters

Jon

After running around for a while in search of Lusca in Independence Port with no success, I think that it would be nice to be able to trigger giant monster spawns instead of having to just hope you luck out and run into the one you're looking for. There are already ways to trigger some of them, but not all.

My ideal implementation of this would be to have some kind of mission you could complete as a villain that would unleash a giant monster on the city or in the isles. It would be functionally similar to how a Rikti invasion happens whenever someone completes an LGTF. I'm sure there are other ways to do this that some of you might be able to come up with too, so please share your thoughts.

Like Babbage, I really think there should be TF's that are all around the spawning of a giant monster.

i.e.

Lusca could be spawned because you're dealing with the Council doing underwater testing of a new weapon and it wakes up something "from the deep."

Adamaster is easily put into a BP TF about summoning. Same for Jack In Irons and Enochai in Croatoa with the witches.

(Edited to fix my mistake on Adamaster  :) )

Like Babbage, I really think there should be TF's that are all around the spawning of a giant monster.

i.e.

Lusca could be spawned because you're dealing with the council doing underwater testing of a new weapon and it wakes up something "from the deep."

Adamaster is easily put into a CoT TF about summoning. Same for Jack In Irons and Enochai in Croatoa with the witches.

Adamastor is Banished Pantheon, though. And summoning him in Echo: Dark Astoria is pretty easy.

But otherwise, I agree. More monsters need to be spawnable in a way controlled by players.

Speaking of this, is there a list somewhere of what zones that GMs cannot be spawned in?  I tried spawning the Kronos Titan in Steel, but it didn't work.  I was able to spawn him in Skyway City.  I remember being able to spawn him in KR.

Wondering if there is a list of zones somewhere where we can see if they can appear there or not.

i.e.

Lusca could be spawned because you're dealing with the council doing underwater testing of a new weapon and it wakes up something "from the deep."

Adamaster is easily put into a CoT TF about summoning. Same for Jack In Irons and Enochai in Croatoa with the witches.

Adamastor is Banished Pantheon, though. And summoning him in Echo: Dark Astoria is pretty easy.

But otherwise, I agree. More monsters need to be spawnable in a way controlled by players.

My bad.. I knew he was BP, but my fingers typed CoT :) I didn't know you could summon him.. I thought he was a random.

After running around for a while in search of Lusca in Independence Port with no success, I think that it would be nice to be able to trigger giant monster spawns instead of having to just hope you luck out and run into the one you're looking for. There are already ways to trigger some of them, but not all.

My ideal implementation of this would be to have some kind of mission you could complete as a villain that would unleash a giant monster on the city or in the isles. It would be functionally similar to how a Rikti invasion happens whenever someone completes an LGTF. I'm sure there are other ways to do this that some of you might be able to come up with too, so please share your thoughts.

What? Is that true? If it is how am I only hearing about that now?