AH Salesman as a PW2 power choice

This is a QoL

I often save IOs and what not at my base, where I am able to craft at, but if I need a material not already stored at my base, I am basically out of luck, since the "/AH" command does not work there.

My thoughts, why not have PW2 vendor have an artifact, akin to the "crafting workbench" that creates a temporary AH trade station, so you can do trades within your base. It would be also be nice, if it also gave yo a choice to sell stuff directly to a vendor so you can get tird of unwanted salvage anywhere you may be

V/R

For the same reason why you can't just use /AH from inside your base. The AH cannot be accessed from inside instances. If you want to have access to the AH and a crafting table at the same time, use the crafting tables in the Vanguard base in the RWZ.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Rudra said:

For the same reason why you can't just use /AH from inside your base. The AH cannot be accessed from inside instances. If you want to have access to the AH and a crafting table at the same time, use the crafting tables in the Vanguard base in the RWZ.

This.

Or at a university.

You can also put a quartermaster in your base to sell to.

/e poofgone

On 3/30/2024 at 8:51 PM, Rudra said:

What is that reason, just curious?

42 minutes ago, DrRocket said:

Ask a dev, I don't remember the specifics. All I remember is that the game cannot handle accessing things like the AH from inside instances. And SG bases are all instance maps just like mission maps.

52 minutes ago, DrRocket said:

Bases are are on a completely different server than the zone and AH.  There is no way to port it over and have it be "live."  

Edited by Frozen Burn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrRocket said:

IIRC it's that the auction house isn't its own thing; it's a sub-function of the zones. Each zone - like Kings Row, Grandville, and Pocket D - has to create and maintain its own separate auction house, then the maps have to sync with one another. It's already janky and hardware intensive doing it for all publicly-accessible areas, hence things like lag and trouble fetching recent prices, so having any or every mission and supergroup base load their own auction house for the hundreds or thousands of players online would vastly compound the issues.

• Thumbs Up 1