Banter Power Pool

Way back in Beta, I heard a rumor that the Devs were working on a "Monkey Island" Power Pool that was like the reverse Leadership Pool, and you were mocking and taunting your enemies. I think a better nickname now would be the Deadpool Power Pool, but regardless, I wanted to suggest this set. I think this would be great for Tanks, Brutes, Sentinels, and Masterminds, as it would draw Agro like all Debuffs do. Here's just a quick idea of what a "Reverse Leadership" pool would look in my mind, but obviously it could be balanced or enhanced further.

Banter Power Pool

• Mocking: Toggle, PBAoE Taunt, -DEF(All)
  • Belittlement: Toggle,  PBAoE Enemy Taunt, -DMG
  • Fooling: Toggle, PBAoE Enemy Taunt, - ACC
  • Ridicule: Ranged (Targeted AoE) Slow, -Recharge
  • Embarrassment: Ranged (Targeted AoE) -DEF, -DMG, -ACC
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love this idea haha.  Power Pool toggles would have huge endurance costs, and maybe you don't need 3 toggle taunt auras? 

Suggesting drop Fooling and Belittlement for:

Belittle - ranged single target, taunt, enemy +dam but -acc, -def.  We don't see anywhere in the game where something has both positive and negative effects.  Maybe poison's rez with the vomit mechanic.  This pool might be a fun place to do some things like that.  Adding a huge accuracy debuff but allowing the enemy to do more damage would be very funny to me.

Discombobulate -  ranged single target, confuse

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

I was popping in to suggest the last power be a confuse too!  Was going to say "Throw Voice", since Banter is idle chatter in a crowd and I can totally picture a Villain throwing their voice to make some mooks fight each other.

"Spectral Wounds" in Illusion Control heals its target after a set amount of time, despite being a damaging attack.  So there's precedent (albeit sparse) that a power does both positive and negative things, and Taunt is a thought space where that sort of thing is appropriate.

Swap in a pet?

image.png.ba94c99d3ff7a4339a962287828bc709.png

Forums  - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

Spam Response- Spam, in the context of cybersecurity, refers to any unsolicited and often irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent over the internet. 

Lying in bed last night, I thought of more positive/negative powers like Absorb Pain and Energy Transfer.  I still think it's a fun mechanic though, especially for something like this where a little smack talkin' might make your enemy angrier, with positive and negative results.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

I'm assuming these debuff toggles are placed on enemies?

if so, take my upvote

if not..........the toggles would be far more useful for melee players.

because right now leadership benefits everyone regardless of range

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?