looking for base construction help

Once the ceilin is open you can build upwards until the sun burns your bones. YOU DO NOT NEED TO MOVE YOUR PORTAL.  It will work like if you are in, on top, or below the base. 

This is not the old open ceilin. That limits home far you can move upwards.

Which is why it's  called a pass through  ceilin.

@Snarky, build your base. It'll  do exactly what you want it to do. If it don't I'll build your base for free.

@Etched

• Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

Apparently a lot of ppl have not messed with the base editor or did so sooo long ago that they do not realize what you can do to it NOW.

As someone that builds bases and tinker in the base editor more then some ppl play the game, I know what I am doin. If I didn't then I would not get recommended by Dacy to build bases for other ppl.

With each new Issue the devs put out stuff for the base just as well as powers or costumes. The NEW OPEN CEILINl, IS CALLED A PASS-THROUGH CEILIN WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL PLOT AND BUILD UPWARDS AND STILL BE ABLE TO FLY AS HIGH AS THE BASE BOUNDARIES, WHICH IS NOT THE OLD BASE CEILIN HEIGHT. 

If you do not trust what I say, ask Dacy so she can explain the same thing that I just did.

Dedicated Base Builder

@Etched

Check this base I made just for this post. Base is on Excel  code is Etched-30725

Edited by Etched
Spacing of words
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

Okay.  I believe that you believe that I am hallucinating, or lying, or having a really Snarky moment. But here is the thing about Snarky…. The vampire Snarky does not care enough about anyone to lie.  So, that leaves hallucinations.  

I did think you were hallucinating.  Which is why i was so persistent.  But given Etched's response, apparently there was a change that I missed or something is broken in my base as I cannot pass through my ceiling even with the open sky.  I will have to play with it when I get back from travelling.  So, my sincerest apologies for any aggravation.  But being Snarky, you may not care.  😄  

And with Room clipping (F3) "Enabled" you should be able to place anything practically anywhere using F5 to pick your anchor point.  Also, use F1 to narrow the grid size to fine tune your where it is placed.

2 hours ago, Etched said:

Apparently a lot of ppl have not messed with the base editor or did so sooo long ago that they do not realize what you can do to it NOW.

As someone that builds bases and tinker in the base editor more then some ppl play the game, I know what I am doin. If I didn't then I would not get recommended by Dacy to build bases for other ppl.

With each new Issue the devs put out stuff for the base just as well as powers or costumes. The NEW OPEN CEILINl, IS CALLED A PASS-THROUGH CEILIN WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL PLOT AND BUILD UPWARDS AND STILL BE ABLE TO FLY AS HIGH AS THE BASE BOUNDARIES, WHICH IS NOT THE OLD BASE CEILIN HEIGHT. 

If you do not trust what I say, ask Dacy so she can explain the same thing that I just did.

Dedicated Base Builder

@Etched

Check this base I made just for this post. Base is on Excel  code is Etched-30725

Thank you for this.  I tinker in bases a lot too.  However, I must have missed the patch note of the new pass-through ceiling addition.  My open sky still has a ceiling.  I will have to tinker with my base whenever I get back home from travelling.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

20 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

However, I must have missed the patch note of the new pass-through ceiling addition.  

You are not the only one. I just stumbled onto it while i was doin a base. However, i know it's been out for a few months.

@Etched

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

5 hours ago, Etched said:

Apparently a lot of ppl have not messed with the base editor

Given what an absolute horror of a royal P.O.S. the base editing tool is and how cumbersome/confusing it is to use, I can't say I blame them.  🤣

• Banjo 1