Mystic/Arcane Idea's

As @tiggertoga said

(Magic is a fundamental powerset in the role of heroes and villains and everything in between. While changing the color of darkness, fire and energy powerset has been a band aid for the lack of magic/sorcery, players should have the real deal. 

i could easily see different variations for different archetypes, like a magical set that mostly focuses on healing, buffs and debuffs..a sorcery set that has magical bolts of energy, spells, transfiguration, creating objects like (properly in gravity). The limit is literally boundless when it comes to magic. I honestly believe that a magic/sorcery or even wand powerset would bring in A LOT of new and old returning players.

It can also expand on different stories too for NPCs, TF and trials.  Maybe even pvp zones. “Come to this zone to collect items to complete this spell, while also fighting off others who are looking for the same things. Or protect your spell while it’s cooking from other players” 

I would limit heavy restrictions in the zone as far as io’s and enhancements so it’s a fair shot for anyone who wants to participate. )

I think it’s time to come up with some ideas for the looks of the powersets for the mystic/arcane line.

Powerset ideas have been made by players located here

Sorcery Powerset - Page 4 - Suggestions & Feedback - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

It would be time to make visuals for the powerset idea and expand on the powerset idea or change the previous ideas given.

I gathered inspiration from other games and media to help guide us to create the homecoming version of mystic/arcane powersets. The more creative the idea the better.

5f18b5a822077cf54b0cdf1df288770f.jpg

20240125_022019.jpg

36fg46hDC-PC-28-20.24.480.webp

c7b3ac535bb80154d131c8c9a10450f6.jpg

ed6ce3a23e4e98e565587322a1570c6a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

there are a ton of underused visual assets

that can be substituted

although I'm not sure how much effort would be required

but more options are a good thing so

+1

would you mind posting them?

4 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

there are a ton of underused visual assets

that can be substituted

although I'm not sure how much effort would be required

but more options are a good thing so

+1

Sorry, we not discussing substituting any power animations these will be their own powerset.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Sorry, we not discussing substituting any power animations these will be their own powerset.

So are you expecting the Homecoming developers to create all new animations for your mystic arcane powerset(s)?

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

33 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

So are you expecting the Homecoming developers to create all new animations for your mystic arcane powerset(s)?

That is the only way the game can grow add new fresh things to the game and expand horizons the same old two step get old. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Maybe, just maybe THIS time you will include something that hasn't been rehashed countless times already.  Magic/Arcane/Sorcery is not a "type" of power - all those things describe is an energy source, - no different than how a bullet uses gunpowder or a beam rifle might use a fusion power pack.  Replace that fusion pack with some magic crystal or artefact and you've got yourself a magical powerset. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

Maybe, just maybe THIS time you will include something that hasn't been rehashed countless times already.  Magic/Arcane/Sorcery is not a "type" of power - all those things describe is an energy source, - no different than how a bullet uses gunpowder or a beam rifle might use a fusion power pack.  Replace that fusion pack with some magic crystal or artefact and you've got yourself a magical powerset. 

This conversation is not going anywhere if you have no idea how to contribute to the thread, please do not post this for IDEA AND BRAINSTORMING NOT DISCUSSING OLD TOPICS OF BIAS thoughts.

This tread is not going to be a discussion on what you or @Rudra think what magic we all have a different view and at this time your thoughts on the matter are not wanted @GM_GooglyMoogly as you can see the problem starts are these two deal with them.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, KingCeddd03 said:

your thoughts on the matter are not wanted

You are not the moderator, and whether or not I respond to a topic is my prerogative.  Maybe if you could articulate your ideas better and actually listened to feedback, you'd get somewhere.  All you're proposing is to use some magically-inspired FX or animations...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

37 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

This conversation is not going anywhere if you have no idea how to contribute to the thread, please do not post this for IDEA AND BRAINSTORMING NOT DISCUSSING OLD TOPICS OF BIAS thoughts.

This tread is not going to be a discussion on what you or @Rudra think what magic we all have a different view and at this time your thoughts on the matter are not wanted @GM_GooglyMoogly as you can see the problem starts are these two deal with them.

Players are free to express their feedback to any suggestion. And as you keep bringing up the same topic, you should expect to get repeated responses about that topic. My previous post was going to be my only post, but this post requires a response.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, KingCeddd03 said:

That is the only way the game can grow add new fresh things to the game and expand horizons the same old two step get old. 

Do you understand what it takes to add animations to this game?

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

• Game Master

Please be nice to each other.

Kingcedd03 has made a suggestion, folks have commented.  Anything additional will just result in more personal attacks.

Thread locked. 

Do not start the thread again or post all of those pretty pictures in someone else's thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1