Savage/Fire/Psi build, looking for another set of eyes.

redcnz

This is expensive and I'm not against lowering the cost, but it does give me something to work towards. I'm a purple away from over 45% s/l/m, and my resists seem just okay. I mainly solo so I'm not planning on outside help. This is my first attempt at a brute build.

Master Rune Brute (Savage Melee - Fiery Aura).mbd

@Red Shadow from Liberty in the olden days

@Lord Rune - Excelsior main

Consume seems to be underslotted.

Six slotting Gaussians is not the best bang for your slot since you're only getting 1.25% to S/L which is the only defense you should be building for. Two Rectified Recticle will give 1.88% and if you add three Adjusted Targetting you even get 3% E/N.

There is no particular reason to give Temperature Protection more than the native slot.

There is also no reason to slot Fire Shield, Plasma Shied, and Tough, the way that you did. It is giving you E/N defense you're not even building for.

You're slotting towards S/L defenses but did not use Blistering Cold that would give a fat 5% for it.

You forgot both the Shield Wall 5% resistances and the Reactive Defences 3% resistances for a meaty 8% to all.

There is not much reason to go psionic Mastery if you're not slotting Dominate. You can go Energy Mastery and become near immune to accuracy debuffs and still have a Harmonic Mind simile in Physical Perfection, and if having a free power then Superior Conditioning is a little extra for endurance recovery. Or if wanting an extra AoE then aim for the usual culprits like Fireball or Dark Obliteration. Despite the slight nerf Gloom is still a valid ST power which Savage Melee is lacking.

Even if you do keep Psionic Mastery the slotting in Psionic Tornado is adding very little to the build as you're not, again, working towards E/N defenses.

I'm not sure how sold you are on using Shred for a ST power considering the slow 2.3 second animation, but otherwise the 'usual' ST rotation eschewing Hemo is Vicious Slash, Savage Strike, Maiming Slash, Savage Strike. With enough recharge or outside buffs one of the Vicious Slash-es can be removed.

You're not yet at the minimum of 85% to S/L resistances but slotted Panacea that gives almost nothing of interest barring recharge instead of Preventive Medicine that comes chockful of good bonuses.

You're wasting your big damage proc from Armageddon by slotting it in an aura as it only checks for damage procs once every 10 seconds.

Combining everything this is how I'd go at it:

Master Rune Brute (Savage Melee - Fiery Aura).mbd

Now you have 84.3% to S/L and when you use Barrier it becomes 89.3%. Your S/L/M defenses will also go from 40% to 45%.

See what you'd like to adapt from this to your build.

This is why I like posting builds; There's always someone with a little more knowledge with bonuses. Losing Psi hurts a bit, I really liked the thought of throwing around some extra damage type. I do like the build, very much so. I'll play around a bit more and see what I can come up with as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Red Shadow from Liberty in the olden days

@Lord Rune - Excelsior main

7 hours ago, redcnz said:

This is why I like posting builds; There's always someone with a little more knowledge with bonuses. Losing Psi hurts a bit, I really liked the thought of throwing around some extra damage type. I do like the build, very much so. I'll play around a bit more and see what I can come up with as well.

If you like the Psi Mastery then it can be reworked in. Respecs are cheap and all gear can be sold back or given to an alt anyway so there is no loss if it does not work out.