Admiral Sutter Fuel Lines Question

Just a quick question:

I am finally doing Admiral Sutter for the first time. The first mission mentions (optionally) shutting down 8 fuel lines. 

I would like to do it, but I can't find them. I have flown all over, spamming tab and clicking on every door to every boat to no avail.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

35 minutes ago, Arnabas said:

Just a quick question:

I am finally doing Admiral Sutter for the first time. The first mission mentions (optionally) shutting down 8 fuel lines. 

I would like to do it, but I can't find them. I have flown all over, spamming tab and clicking on every door to every boat to no avail.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Sutter is some crazy stuff. 

First you clean the ships.  This is an inside 9with bombs and sabatuers) and outside (with giant robots and sky raiders)

Then there are a bunch of glowies away from the ship battles.  Should be on map

Then you go inside a ship.  It gets ugly there.  can get real ugly.  There is an AV in the back room.  

after that fight you go talk to contact 9still in mission but outside last AV fight ship/room)

that is just the first mission.  Is it the glowies after the ships you cannot find?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Sutter is some crazy stuff. 

First you clean the ships.  This is an inside 9with bombs and sabatuers) and outside (with giant robots and sky raiders)

Then there are a bunch of glowies away from the ship battles.  Should be on map

Then you go inside a ship.  It gets ugly there.  can get real ugly.  There is an AV in the back room.  

after that fight you go talk to contact 9still in mission but outside last AV fight ship/room)

that is just the first mission.  Is it the glowies after the ships you cannot find?

Thanks for responding. Yes, it was the glowies to shut off the fuel. I finally found them but it took 3 days (game time) to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've actually never bothered to find out what, if anything, shutting down the fuel lines accomplishes.  Is it just optional objective XP award?  Does it change something in the portal room fight?  No idea.

After you’ve cleared the ships, and you’ve gone to the giant walled floating compound…

At the north end, inside the walls, there’s three(?) boats, a giant fuel container thing, and another three boats. 

As I recall, each boat has a bomb glowie and the fuel container has two. I dont recall being attacked while clicking the glowies. I also don’t know that it has any effect on the mission or rewards. 

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You make this sound like a Post 1!  I've never been on a team that had any problems there.  Now, I may have foolishly tried to take the alphas from and then defeat a few War Walkers by myself, but in there there?  No problem.

do we play in the same universe?

half the time i do this that room is downtown fugly

• Haha 1

Concerning the inside Portal room:

I usually immediately stealth in to the portal room and shut down the computers; and can usually get all but a couple done before the first incursion comes.  Fly up to the ceiling and regain invis.  When the group has left the room, fly down and get the other computers (usually save the one by the AV for last; you can get this from on top of the box if careful without alerting the mobs).

This shuts down all those ambushers flooding through the portal, allowing only one group through.  If a second person would also stealth the computers there wouldn't even be one spawn through.

Concerning the fuel lines?  No idea what it gains you.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I do have to admit I haven't run this one a lot.  I normally PUG based on what's on offer, but I don't see this one come up too often.  I think I've done twice as many Kattie H's as I have this one, easily, and bet those were only when the merits are boosted for the weekly rotation.  Do players hate this one?

Well, it is that they do not know it.  I may have mentioned that quite often someone does not know how to be successful on a posi 1.   Maybe not, I am an old creature and I forget. But it is true. Some people, and let us be kind and not call them stupid.  Because they are probably just well meaning, yet ignorant.  They screw up a relatively simple instruction in the last mission of Posi 1. They do not know it. They struggle to take in information.  

Sutter is rarely ran.  By the time you go in to fight the AV in the 1st mission the team is usually split and whoever is in there with you likely does not know the fight.  Leads to interesting times…

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

do we play in the same universe?

half the time i do this that room is downtown fugly

Well.. only one of us always plays with @Snarky on his team! 😈

But to be serious, I also don't run into problems with this all that often either.  These are the same PuGs that botch the City Hall Steps in Posi 1.  The difference is they are likely waaaay stronger for Sutter than they are for Posi.   Unless the team is poorly built and/or running +3/+4, they can pretty much stumble into that portal room, ignore the comps, and still succeed.

That said, I have some stories.  I was once on a Sutter that went so bad, everyone but my stalker and a corruptor quit on the last fight.   

Then we completed it.  *flex*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I do have to admit I haven't run this one a lot.  I normally PUG based on what's on offer, but I don't see this one come up too often.  I think I've done twice as many Kattie H's as I have this one, easily, and bet those were only when the merits are boosted for the weekly rotation.  Do players hate this one?

It used to annoy me a lot and iirc, the final fight had a couple bugs maybe?   Or just herding people on that one was tougher.

I think the fuel lines were supposed to be for some other feature that never got turned on, so if you clicked them all, it would disable it.   I may just be remembering someone saying this, so this may just be a repeat of someone else's theory.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, lemming said:

I think the fuel lines were supposed to be for some other feature that never got turned on, so if you clicked them all, it would disable it.   I may just be remembering someone saying this, so this may just be a repeat of someone else's theory.

That makes sense from a game design perspective.  Do this optional objective for a greater reward and/or easier challenge.  I did a quick search and didn't find anything that said shutting down the fuel lines does anything.  So I can see the feature never being fully implemented for some reason but they forgot to take out the optional objective.  Unconfirmed but plausible.

That said, the first mission in the Sutter TF is really busy.  There are a lot of objectives crammed into that one mission, the map is very open, and the NPC dialogue can be hard to keep track of with combat and people chatting.  I've seen teams split up by chance and converge for the final fight.  The rest of the missions in the TF are more streamlined and better designed.  They have a lot of objectives but a few at a time, while also being challenging