Need some help picking my last few powers (Water/Cold)

Nezix

Thank you for stopping by :) Right now I've got 3 more powers (Maybe more if I dropped Dehydrate) and I'm not sure what I should grab. This is for a group focused PVE character.

1. Focused Accuracy: Is this worth having for some circumstance?

2. Aid Other / Aid Self / Field Medic: How good are the Field Medic bonuses? Aid self seems like a really long cast, but might be nice to have once and a while.

3. Afterburner: Never tried this, thoughts?

4. Kick / Tough / Weave: Worth it on a Corruptor? Already have 5 powers for LotG (but I am still very new to planning a build around set bonuses)

5. Leadership: Not sure I'd have the endurance for 3 of these but I guess it's an option.

6. Teleport Foe / Team Teleport: I picked up Recall friend but at 44 and mostly running TFs I haven't used it much, maybe that would change though.

7. Anything else you can suggest :)

Sorry for two images, upload size was barely to big

WaterIceCorr.PNG.605687950cdf1182ada948f7ff656bb8.PNG

WaterIceCorr1.png.d3e61519da48b2edaef26c68d67764f3.png

This is slightly different from my Water/Cold build. While you've got Fly/Hover, I'm using CJ/SJ, and I took Fighting Pool instead of TP Friend, and grabbed Snow Storm which is a great debuff IMO. Otherwise we aren't too terribly far off. So Toughness/Weave are great if you're building for def/res, and it's not hard to do with Water/Cold. Leadership is a possibility as well, but I prefer Fighting personally. Aid Self I hear is great, but I prefer stacking def/res to using reactive heals. YMMV.

My vote is toward T/W, but I don't know what your current def/res are to know if it's worth it.

This is slightly different from my Water/Cold build. While you've got Fly/Hover, I'm using CJ/SJ, and I took Fighting Pool instead of TP Friend, and grabbed Snow Storm which is a great debuff IMO. Otherwise we aren't too terribly far off. So Toughness/Weave are great if you're building for def/res, and it's not hard to do with Water/Cold. Leadership is a possibility as well, but I prefer Fighting personally. Aid Self I hear is great, but I prefer stacking def/res to using reactive heals. YMMV.

My vote is toward T/W, but I don't know what your current def/res are to know if it's worth it.

I guess I won't know either until I work out a full build with set bonuses. Thanks for your info :)

For sure. Let me know if you do, I'll be glad to look at it and offer suggestions. In the meantime I may get those last two levels on my Water/Cold, who got temporarily shelved due to making a Elec/Dark controller. Just talking about it made me remember I really liked the build.

My Water/Cold is in his 77's. I do TFs, Examplar lot, and ITrials.

I'd suggest Snow Storm and Frostwork.

Snow Storm is great for AV fights, keeps them slowed, in place, and hitting you less. Plus any foes that join the fight get debuffed as they get close. You can also use it to ground mobs of fliers which can be very handing, since Sleet can't get that far up in the air, nor can whirlpool.

Frostwork is pretty good at giving some Extra HP to a Squishy who you want to help keep alive, or to a Meat Shield who's having issues staying alive.

IF not, Most teams can make use of Manuvers and Tactics, just keep in mind they are as End heavy as a Travel power.

My Water/Cold is in his 77's. I do TFs, Examplar lot, and ITrials.

I'd suggest Snow Storm and Frostwork.

Snow Storm is great for AV fights, keeps them slowed, in place, and hitting you less. Plus any foes that join the fight get debuffed as they get close. You can also use it to ground mobs of fliers which can be very handing, since Sleet can't get that far up in the air, nor can whirlpool.

Frostwork is pretty good at giving some Extra HP to a Squishy who you want to help keep alive, or to a Meat Shield who's having issues staying alive.

IF not, Most teams can make use of Manuvers and Tactics, just keep in mind they are as End heavy as a Travel power.

Thanks for the info! BTW do you find yourself using Dehydrate much? If so, how do you slot it?

Snow Storm gets resisted into nothingness against AV. Likewise, I've never seen Snow Storm knock a high level flier out of the air. -1.6 fly simply isn't sufficient. You either need repeated applications of -1.6 fly (impossible with a toggle) or you need something like a -10 fly.

If you're going to ground fliers, you really need to bring a Blaster/Controller or you need to grab something from Epic Pools to do it.

Potentially, yes. For a Storm Summoner? It offers little. Those extra hit points give you time to heal. So when you've got a big heal with a modestly long recharge, it makes sense. But O2 Boost is a small heal with a lightning fast recharge. You don't really need that breathing room.

Frostwork is mainly taken by Controllers/Masterminds whose pets do need a bit of a boost.

In terms of the original questions:

1. Focused Accuracy is an end hog that does little for you.

2. The entire medicine pool is junk. Slot your ATOs, get some healing set procs and eat some inspirations. Most importantly, bulk up your defenses and don't get hit.

3. Afterburner. This is a LotG recharge mule. I suppose it's nice to fly faster than anyone else, but travel at the high end is less about flying from place to place than alternating prestige power teleportation. It could potentially be used as a Personal Force Field-style effect, but you're probably already Ranged Def capped and it doesn't provide resistance.

4. Kick/Tough/Weave. These are normally a bad idea. You have to waste a power - which Water absolutely can't afford - and you get S/L resistance you probably don't need coupled with defenses that could be gotten more cheaply elsewhere.

5. Leadership. Leadership contains two LotG recharge mules and no one is forcing you to run those toggles - just use them when needed.

6. Teleportation. This entire tree is largely replaced by prestige teleports in the endgame, so unless you just want it for solo it's not normally much use.

In terms of the original questions:

1. Focused Accuracy is an end hog that does little for you.

2. The entire medicine pool is junk. Slot your ATOs, get some healing set procs and eat some inspirations. Most importantly, bulk up your defenses and don't get hit.

3. Afterburner. This is a LotG recharge mule. I suppose it's nice to fly faster than anyone else, but travel at the high end is less about flying from place to place than alternating prestige power teleportation. It could potentially be used as a Personal Force Field-style effect, but you're probably already Ranged Def capped and it doesn't provide resistance.

4. Kick/Tough/Weave. These are normally a bad idea. You have to waste a power - which Water absolutely can't afford - and you get S/L resistance you probably don't need coupled with defenses that could be gotten more cheaply elsewhere.

5. Leadership. Leadership contains two LotG recharge mules and no one is forcing you to run those toggles - just use them when needed.

6. Teleportation. This entire tree is largely replaced by prestige teleports in the endgame, so unless you just want it for solo it's not normally much use.

What would you recommend then?

It doesn't seem like I need LoTG slots, as I already have 5 with Ice Shield, Glacial Shield, Arctic Fog, Hover and Scorpion Shield, unless the idea is to put those on powers that I don't even use to slot other things onto the first ones.

I'm also pretty new to the IO set build game, but I'd like to get my powers in order before I start trying to mess with that.

What do you think of dropping Aqua Bolt and using Dehydrate instead in a ST rotation?