Request to make Endurance Drain Resistance visible in Combat Attributes

TL;DR: Title.

image.png.710ea5baee9b60d7711cb753fec34cde.png

As you can see (clipped from my lvl50 Elec Tanker), there's no entry for Endurance Drain Resist in Combat Attributes (AKA Combat_Numbers). 

====

It occurred to me mid-post that Run/Fly/Jump Speed Resists aren't showing, although those are a common type of Debuff Resist from both powers and set bonuses. There should be an entry for these, as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I'm completely off but isn't your endurance drain debuff resistance the 95% shown in the combat attributes (and capped at the limit) and applies to both -recovery and -endurance debuffs.  Those values is what something like Short Circuit is effecting.

3 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Maybe I'm completely off but isn't your endurance drain debuff resistance the 95% shown in the combat attributes (and capped at the limit) and applies to both -recovery and -endurance debuffs.  Those values is what something like Short Circuit is effecting.

There is a difference between Recovery deuff resistance and Endurance debuff resistance. The screen shotted power shows it grants both. The combat attributes window screen shot only shows the recovery one.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rudra said:

There is a difference between Recovery deuff resistance and Endurance debuff resistance. The screen shotted power shows it grants both. The combat attributes window screen shot only shows the recovery one.

Is there a difference?  The HCwiki only shows under limits a recovery debuff resistance of 20 to 95% (level scaling).  I'm leary this is along the lines of Kismet "Accuracy" ... i.e. loose terminology.  The power i presume they're getting it from (Grounded correct?) only calls it Endrance Drain in CoD in the description text and calls it in the stat block "86.5% Resistance (Endurance)(self only) for 10.25 seconds"  Do they have another resistance source?

None of this is to say if I'm just confused that it if it is two different debuff resistances that it's a bad suggestion to list them both.  It should.  And yes Fly protection should also get listed.  Knowing your "Hover Blaster" regardless of actual AT is taking -fly hits is probably just as important as -defense hits are.

Just looking for clarity.

9 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Is there a difference?  The HCwiki only shows under limits a recovery debuff resistance of 20 to 95% (level scaling).  I'm leary this is along the lines of Kismet "Accuracy" ... i.e. loose terminology.  The power i presume they're getting it from (Grounded correct?) only calls it Endrance Drain in CoD in the description text and calls it in the stat block "86.5% Resistance (Endurance)(self only) for 10.25 seconds"  Do they have another resistance source?

Yes, there is a difference. An endurance debuff directly affects your endurance pool. A recovery debuff affects your ability to build that pool back up. For instance, the Malta Sapper can completely bottom out your endurance pool, but does not affect your ability to recover endurance. If you have 100% endurance debuff resistance though, then he can't even do that to you. A Hamidon blue mito's blast however can reduce both your existing endurance pool and your recovery. So if you have endurance debuff resistance but not recovery resistance, then you may keep your endurance pool, but you won't build it back up as you use it. They are very different status protections.

• Microphone 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rudra said:

Yes, there is a difference. An endurance debuff directly affects your endurance pool. A recovery debuff affects your ability to build that pool back up. For instance, the Malta Sapper can completely bottom out your endurance pool, but does not affect your ability to recover endurance. If you have 100% endurance debuff resistance though, then he can't even do that to you. A Hamidon blue mito's blast however can reduce both your existing endurance pool and your recovery. So if you have endurance debuff resistance but not recovery resistance, then you may keep your endurance pool, but you won't build it back up as you use it. They are very different status protections.

Yeah that i get.  But how do you know they aren't resisted by the same resistance value.  If I put Endmod in SC's attack it buffs both the -end and the -recovery of the power, not just one or the other.  Unfortunately I don't think any values show in the combat logs saying SC took so much end and put so much recovery debuff on the target (but I haven't really looked for that specifically either, at least my memories are blank of doing so).  

What my mechanical nature side of things wants to do is test it somehow.  Anyway include it in CA and perhaps we will just see it listed, twice ... with exact same value just like the Tanker values also display i.e. 129.75% twice or if the limit is 95% a light blue value of 95%  displayed twice.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Grammer and other stuff

8 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Yeah that i get.  But how do you know they aren't resisted by the same resistance value.  If I put Endmod in SC's attack it buffs both the -end and the -recovery of the power, not just one or the other.  Unfortunately I don't think any values show in the combat logs saying SC took so much end and put so much recovery debuff on the target (but I haven't really looked for that specifically either, at least my memories are blank of doing so).  

What my mechanical nature side of things wants to do is test it somehow.  Anyway include it in CA and perhaps we will just see it listed, twice ... with exact same value just like the Tanker values also display i.e. 129.75% twice or if the limit is 95% a light blue value of 95%  displayed twice.

The way you can test that is by playing a character that gets one or the other (but not both unless you can separately boost one to 100% and leave the other fairly weak) and going up against enemies that debuff endurance, followed by ones that debuff recovery, and then ones that debuff both. If you can get your resistance to 100% for either, but not both, you can watch your character's endurance bar to see that the two debuffs are not resisted by the same resists.

5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The way you can test that is by playing a character that gets one or the other (but not both unless you can separately boost one to 100% and leave the other fairly weak) and going up against enemies that debuff endurance, followed by ones that debuff recovery, and then ones that debuff both. If you can get your resistance to 100% for either, but not both, you can watch your character's endurance bar to see that the two debuffs are not resisted by the same resists.

Yep only when I started (briefly) to look for such powers i couldn't find any.  Most/often seems to do both.  Often one is 100% chance and the other 30% or both are 100% chance.  Anyway I'll probably run around on either my Elec/Fire blaster or my Emp/Elec and burn a few Power Analyzers.

So for now off to tilt at some windmills.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Yep only when I started (briefly) to look for such powers i couldn't find any.  Most/often seems to do both.  Often one is 100% chance and the other 30% or both are 100% chance.  Anyway I'll probably run around on either my Elec/Fire blaster or my Emp/Elec and burn a few Power Analyzers.

So for now off to tilt at some windmills.

Take the one with the 100% and 30%. If the 100% is END resist and the 30% is Recovery resist, then go up against a Malta Sapper. Let him blast you with his END drain attack. Your bar shouldn't even budge and your attacks won't drain your END bar any faster than normal. Then pop into an AE mission you make with some Hamidon blue mitos and let them blast you. Your END bar should still be unaffected, but you will see that it does not recover anywhere near as fast as it does from you using it. (Edit: Especially if you have multiple blues blasting you. You just won't recover END any more, but your END bar would only be dropping from your use of powers.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thanks 1