Character size and environmental proportions - is Manticore a short king?

2 hours ago, Akisan said:

6'5"!?  No wonder I feel so tiny, even at average height.  I thought most people were bumping their male toons' height sliders up.  (Should clarify - the world feels close to IRL sizes, the guys are all somehow crazy big; it's kinda intimidating)

Oh, is that what he's talking about?  Yeah, the enemies are all over-sized, but I'm quite accustomed to that from other MMOs.  I don't really like it, but I'm well used-to-it by now.  I was talking mostly about the environments and objects therein.  Though doorways and ceilings tend to be a bit high because they have to accommodate the +8' giants we can make.

I've never noticed that.

When I first started I made my characters super tall and Scarlet is probably the tallest at over 7'

That wasn't intentional, more about not understanding the scales in the CC... but having played Scarlet all that time when I came to recreate her here I felt like she had to continue to be tall. I've never noticed a huge disparity between environments except as some have said of base items, but given the complexity of actually sitting down it's rarely an actual problem.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I've never noticed that.

When I first started I made my characters super tall and Scarlet is probably the tallest at over 7'

That wasn't intentional, more about not understanding the scales in the CC... but having played Scarlet all that time when I came to recreate her here I felt like she had to continue to be tall. I've never noticed a huge disparity between environments except as some have said of base items, but given the complexity of actually sitting down it's rarely an actual problem.

Yeah, it's the blown out proportions in the game.

You see someone that tall (and wide, and deep) in real life, and you're looking at someone who'd probably 500 lbs, soaking wet, in their boxers.

The scale maxes out around 8'2"

CoHScale-Front.thumb.jpg.c775a7e82dd323b4c5b7e89165bbcc87.jpg

CoHScale-Side.thumb.jpg.260fe497df3e2d86bfd58a07926d27ff.jpg

Basically at full shoulder spread, that make a max character around 4+ feet wide and about 3 feet deep.

For comparison, Robert Wadlow was 8'11"
So slightly taller.  But less than half the mass, since he was a (relative) string bean.
Here he is next to his own father, who was 5'11"
Robert_Wadlow_postcard.jpg

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I seem to remember that, in beta, people complained that the height scale in the character creator only went to 7 feet, so the scale was changed to go up to 8 feet. The characters weren't made any larger mind you, the only change was the numbers that showed on the left side of the screen in the character creator.

So your character that's 7 foot tall in the character creator is really only 6 foot tall in the game world.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I seem to remember that, in beta, people complained that the height scale in the character creator only went to 7 feet, so the scale was changed to go up to 8 feet. The characters weren't made any larger mind you, the only change was the numbers that showed on the left side of the screen in the character creator.

So your character that's 7 foot tall in the character creator is really only 6 foot tall in the game world.

Thats part of the information I was mentioning. I still can't find the original post about it though.

52 minutes ago, LKN-351 said:

Thats part of the information I was mentioning. I still can't find the original post about it though.

C'mon man!  That should be EASY to find!

You've only got 20 YEARS of historical posts to sift through on multiple different (possibly DEFUNCT sites!

NOW HOP TO IT!

😷

• Haha 3

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 5/21/2024 at 1:26 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

I seem to remember that, in beta, people complained that the height scale in the character creator only went to 7 feet, so the scale was changed to go up to 8 feet.

Up to eleven - Wikipedia

• Haha 2