Mastermind Pet Pathing

One of the things I've learned to help with pet pathing issues is to take 'Group Fly.'

Not only does it give cleaner paths for pets to follow..but, I can resolve stuck pet issues by activating it and flying over the offending henchman - if the activation alone doesn't resolve the problem.

Given this, can you guys test moving the starting location for pathing to 'eye level' rather than the base of the model to see if that helps?

If not always active, you could add a 'stuck' trigger to switch from base to eye level for a given segment of the path.

It might also help npc pathing - if it works...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, considering all NPCs including PC pets use the same pathing mechanic, yes, it would also affect other NPCs. (Edit: That said, I don't know what this would actually do in game when it comes to NPCs and obstacles, so I'm withholding judgement.)

Edited by Rudra

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

**shrugs** I just dismiss and resummon/re-upgrade as needed.  It's clunky, but it works...

Except for those rare times where a pet gets stuck rag dolling in terrain and so becomes non-dismissable....

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Except for those rare times where a pet gets stuck rag dolling in terrain and so becomes non-dismissable....

Does /release_pets not force them to self-defeat in that situation?

FWIW: Group Fly offers unique problems for henchmen pathing. Occasionally henchmen will stop where they are when Group Fly is toggled off, and refuse to move unless you retoggle the power back on, and then force them to move (usually by moving yourself and commanding it to follow). Sometimes henchmen get 'stuck' when under Group Fly, and require it to be deactivated for them to free themselves.

36 minutes ago, megaericzero said:

Does /release_pets not force them to self-defeat in that situation?

Not that I can remember. Then again, I never tried release until after dismiss failed. And dismiss removes them from your pet window, but does not despawn them in those situations. So maybe trying dismiss first caused release to fail.

Teleport Target will also yoink a pet to you, I think regardless of what state it's in.

But yes pathing is kinda nutty in this game.  If they fix it, they'll have to make sure not to make enemies too much smarter, while also making player pets and rescued NPCs much much smarter.  I'm not sure how fraught that would be, but I think the basic request is valid.  (Seriously, my pets are frequently dumb as rocks.) 

1 minute ago, gameboy1234 said:

Teleport Target will also yoink a pet to you, I think regardless of what state it's in.

But yes pathing is kinda nutty in this game.  If they fix it, they'll have to make sure not to make enemies too much smarter, while also making player pets and rescued NPCs much much smarter.  I'm not sure how fraught that would be, but I think the basic request is valid.  (Seriously, my pets are frequently dumb as rocks.) 

Nope. Like I said in the previous thread about MM pets and their glitches, when a MM pet gets stuck in terrain and is rag dolling in place, they cannot be teleported out of it. That is always the 1st thing I try. If they are just stuck in the terrain and unable to move? Then usually, but not always, you can teleport them out. But not when they are so stuck that they ignore the dismiss command to despawn.