The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Storm Blast (is too fun) but we need more secondary's.....

TECHWON

Since the set dropped I've made a few blasters with it such as Storm Blast/Elec, Storm Blast/Martial Combat and Storm Blast/Ninja Training ...... I feel like the secondary's we need more secondary's like if water blast was a secondary and paired with storm blast omggggggggggggggg!!!!

I dunno just kinda of a thought

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/28/2024 at 10:24 PM, TECHWON said:

Since the set dropped I've made a few blasters with it such as Storm Blast/Elec, Storm Blast/Martial Combat and Storm Blast/Ninja Training ...... I feel like the secondary's we need more secondary's like if water blast was a secondary and paired with storm blast omggggggggggggggg!!!!

I dunno just kinda of a thought

Go Storm/Plant and don't look back. 

I'm genuinely glad you like Storm. I've tried so hard to like it; Direct Strike may be my favorite animation in the game.

But the Storm Cell mechanic is all gimmick. Other blaster nukes do better damage *without* the ramp time, even considering the lightning strikes generated. Every time I play a stormie I just find myself thinking "....and my Ice or Electric blaster could have had that mob down 15 seconds ago." 😞

12 hours ago, pawstruck said:

I'm genuinely glad you like Storm. I've tried so hard to like it; Direct Strike may be my favorite animation in the game.

But the Storm Cell mechanic is all gimmick. Other blaster nukes do better damage *without* the ramp time, even considering the lightning strikes generated. Every time I play a stormie I just find myself thinking "....and my Ice or Electric blaster could have had that mob down 15 seconds ago." 😞

I guess it's horses for courses because I absolutely love Storm.

As you said the nuke isn't instant damage but it does bring control, chaos and damage mitigation. I think of it as a blastroller very good damage while helping others through debuffs and control.

I'd like to see the devs thinking outside of standard nukes more often. Maybe a Plant blast set where the nuke is a root/creepers hybrid that bursts from the ground grabbing/immobilising/damaging mobs that move into the area.

I'll admit: I actively avoided trying the page 6 Storm Blast... mostly because it felt like it was "the flavor of the month", and a little bit because it seems like it took particle effects to eleven.

From the outside, peering in at Storm Blast, I wonder if this is one of those sets I'd like more on an AT other than Blaster. For a point of comparison, I like Beam Rifle a lot more on my Sentinels and Defenders.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tidge said:

For a point of comparison, I like Beam Rifle a lot more on my Sentinels and Defenders.

I think you're right on target, @tidge!

I like storm blast best on sentinels. The secondary proc mechanic doesn't get nerfed by sent target caps, so a lot of the power ports over nicely.

Also, storm blast wants you to be using more storm blasts. Secondary attacks get in the way of more stormy procs. Sents don't have this split focus, and can just toggle on defenses and focus on storm blasting. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/31/2024 at 8:21 PM, pawstruck said:

direct strike best animation for any sniping ability, i love it.......... right storm/ninja training is very different and fun.