BlockingAccept Error?

Posted (edited)

Anyone know why I sometimes get this error when first inviting a character into a league in Ouroborus?

Could not Invite CharacterName, BlockingAccept

The second time I invite them, it usually works fine. 

I thought at first that maybe it's because the other character was of the opposite alignment, but that tested out not to be true...

Is it NOT that they're blocking all invites, and just wasn't fast enough in turning that off. I checked with the player. Is it a glitch/bug?

Edited by BlackSpectre

No one really seems to know, other than maybe a developer.  One theory was that it's someone that teleported using the LFG turnstile which used to create an invisible league of one, but that's not the case anymore and it still occasionally happens.

It’s probably left over code that occasionally pops up from when Ouro was exclusive to each side. The code is mostly hacks and clever ways around problems. Artifacts pop up from time to time. This is most likely one of them.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Posted (edited)

OK. So really, we can’t offer any advice to players and there’s nothing we can do to prevent it. Blah. 

it is an inconvenience when frantically inviting players to a league. Click, click, click, click and frankly it’s so fast sometimes that any error messages are pushed off the screen before I notice them.  Several times players I had invited didn’t make it into the league before it filled because of this BlockingAccept bug. 

well, thanks for the answers guys. I had googled the issue and came across some of the same theories but it’s at least good to know that none of them are true. It’s a bug pure and simple. 🪲

Edited by BlackSpectre
Typoes

BlockingAccept happens when the player is in a league of one. This used to happen a lot when using LFG to teleport, but can still happen when someone was in a league and all the other members quit. The reason the second invite works is because the error also signals the game to remove them from the league of one.

• Like 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

On 6/7/2024 at 6:13 PM, BlackSpectre said:

OK. So really, we can’t offer any advice to players and there’s nothing we can do to prevent it. Blah. 

Nothing the player can do, but you can add the Errors channel to the chat tab you are working in. You'll get a little extra trash in that tab that way, but it's not too bad. When I invite someone and I get the BlockingAccept error, I see it right away and can invite again. Same with other errors you tend to get with invites, like if they are locked in AE or queued in LFG or whatever.

Also, I tend to always invite someone sending a tell to Invite To League as they may be out of zone. There's an invite bug, based on alignment I'm told, that happens if someone in Team 1 is out of zone and it may not let you invite others at all.

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)