The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Create your own TV show with AI

A new streaming platform will soon allow you to create your own TV show using AI. Would you use it? What TV show would you create?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I can think of a lot of possibilities, but most all of them tie into someone's licensed product.  Licensing lawyers are going to have a field day suing violators, or perhaps a nightmare considering the volume of cases coming at them.

Our own beloved MMO comes to mind.  Imagine what could be done with an animated Tales of the City? Properly authorized, of course.  Content could include historical events like Brass Monday, or the focus could be shifted to a team of newcomers who experience everything about the City from a wide-eyed starting perspective (meeting the big names, getting a trainer, experiencing their first costume fitting, their first fight drawing blood, etc.) through their growth and lose of naivety on the way to Security Level 50.

Other properly licensed products I'd like to see:

1. A proper reboot to The Wild Wild West.  Honestly, that movie did so much harm to the brand, and it needs to be corrected.

2. A series taking an MCU approach to the pulp heroes of the 1930s/40s.  The comics did it at least once when they crossed over The Shadow with Doc Savage.  I'd like to see that again, but expanded to include other characters like The Phantom, The Spider, etc.

3. Green Hornet & Kato: Generations.  Taking cue from NOW comics excellent run in the 1990s, Have a show dealing with all generations of the Reid and Kato families, including flashbacks to The Lone Ranger (the character was from the same creator and was meant to be a great uncle to the first Green Hornet).  That would mean Hornet & Kato for WWII era, 1960s era, 1990s era, and one team for the current day.  The comics suggested the two families had both grown financially powerful from the original silver mine of The Lone Ranger, and their close bond resulted in love interested between their descendants. 

4. Narnia: Forgotten Tales.  I've long wondered on such a book series potential.  C. S. Lewis noted within his writings that there were initially many portals into Narnia, diminishing over time.  From these came multiple injections, for lack of a better word, of humanity into the world of Narnia: the originals were the cabbie and his wife who Aslan set up as the first king and queen (from "The Magician's Nephew"), but there were other group incursions of humanity at various times.  Prince Caspian was a descendant of one of these groups, which, if I recall correctly, came from corsairs that floundered into a portal to Narnia during a storm. (Narnia's timeline was deliberately weird when interacting with Earth's.)  This I think forms a viable foundation for telling "forgotten" tales of the settlers and their interactions with the non-humans of Narnia.

A couple of original projects, no licensing, I'd like to see:

1. A Victorian/Edwardian Lost Worlds genre show.  Steampunk acceptable.

2. An alternate history Dieselpunk show.

3. A French & Indian War series told in balance from all points of view (French, British, colonial on both sides, native tribes on both sides), in the style of James Fenimore Cooper. (But not his writing style.  Ouch.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

One's a barbarian warrior from a more primitive time and the other is a rookie cop with a wise-mouth attitude. Together they fight crime.

Conan the Rookie

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

7 hours ago, Krimson said:

I already signed up for it. I'm already making content.

How is it?

Is it easy to make content? How's the quality?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

How do you fight the forces of good and keep your tight physic? Join us each week as the Master of Snake Mountain and a special guest star serve up delicious and healthy evil.

In the Kitchen with Skeletor

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

How is it?

Is it easy to make content? How's the quality?

It's not even a little bit easy and the content quality can vary. I also have to get another video card since processing takes a long time. You are generating 3-6 seconds of content at a time and hoping you can use it. Fortunately, even bad batches can have good frames unless they fail.

I haven't even touched on AI voice yet, so unless I suddenly become a genius, I might just make fancy music videos. I posted one in the AI art thread the other day, but that was made with Krea tools, and though Krea is pretty, it has limitations and I'm not sure about licensing. I need to make more strides with AnimateDiff.

Edited by Krimson
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

As someone who works a lot with voice tech, generally available pure-AI voicing has a looooooong way to go - call it an uncanny echo valley.

The best stuff out there is from that clever Ukrainian bunch ReSpeecher. But that depends on having an actor's take to model on first, which the AI then rebuilds in the voice of, say, James Earl Jones or Peter Cushing. So you still get the human part of performance, the range, the music, the pacing, without those tiny odd drops or run-ons that give the computers away.

For the same reason, language dubbing studios for movies aren't going away any time soon. Auto AI translation is getting better - and can even voiceclone and translate the original performers - but still sounds slightly like a 90s Roxette or current Ghost song. The words make sense, but they aren't what you'd say, and feel mangled together in unnatural ways.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.