The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Curiosity. What Sentinel Build would result in the Most Toggles Possible?

Exqzr984

Posted (edited)

(This paragraph has been added to the original post below)...  After reading the comments and considering this in yet more deprth I am going to put some considtions on this in order to make the build playable while still staying true to the concept.  Thus, The Criteria for thsi is as follows.

To have a level 50 Sentinel Character with the most amount of sustainable and simultaneously active Toggles as possible.  Wherein,

1. The Build must have a full rotation (likely 5 offensive powers) of offensive combat abilities (i.e. actually be able to fight at +4/8 when completed).

2. The Toggles must have some benefit in a combat situation and not be redundant.   This is because you can have more than one travel power to up the toggle count but this would actually contavene the spirit of what I am attempting to accomplish.

3.  The word Toggle must be found somewhere in the description or the wiki for the power.  There is some question if Voltaic Sentinel is a Toggle - I can not find the word toggle anwhere in its description.  For this reason and also to maybe help a bit with what ill be the most EnD hungry build I have ever attemted, I will use Dual Pistols as the only offensive set with a Toggle.  

Wth the above in mind,   the oomments I have read and the heeded warning about dipping into a nightmare, I believe I can make a combat ready build with 18 Simultaneously sustained active Toggles.  

I would like to point out thsi is just for fun (or torture as has been suggested).  As they say, don't try this at home.

Wish me luck,

As the title suggests.  I am trying to find the most toggles possible using any availble power sets.  I was able to get to 12 toggles on my test sheet. would like to know if anyone can beat that.  Did I miss something?  I find myself doing a lot of off meta experiments of late and this is my latest. crazy idea.

This is just for fun, but I will make a Sentinel to Test it out the MOST TOGGLES build (with the Character name Dr. Max Toggles)  and follow up with the builds pros and cons in a posted review.

P.s. Also got to figure out a way to handle the insane endurance requirements.

Edited by Exqzr984
Spelling New information.

My Sentinels: 108 Wat/SR.  90 Wat/Reg,. 68 DP/Dark. 63 Ar/Nin, 62 Rad/EA, 53 Ice/Stone, 53 En/EA.  50 Dark/Rad.  49 Psy/Will.  25 Storm/EA

Posted (edited)

This is simply off the top of my head and has several logistics issues.  I don't have the time and tools to see if this is actually possible.

Electrical Blast/Dark Armor seems to be the best power combo; Dark Armor has six toggles, Electrical Blast is the only primary with a toggle I can think of (Voltaic Sentinel).  Dark or Electrical mastery offer one toggle each (Darkest Night or Shocking Field).

Pools:  Flight has four toggles, not counting Afterburner (Hover, Fly, Group Fly, Evasive Maneuvers).  Leadership has three (Assault, Maneuvers, Tactics).  Leaping has three, not counting Double Jump (Combat Jumping, Super Jump, Acrobatics).  Sorcery has three (Spirt Ward, Mystic Flight, Enflame) but Enflame shuts off after a minute.  Concealment has three (Stealth, Infiltration, Phase Shift) if you count Phase Shift which shuts itself off after 30 seconds.

I think if you were to max out toggles with these picks you would have no attacks whatsoever.  You'd also be running three or four travel powers, two of which are the same exact thing and overwrite the other two.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

O.k. did some more on this.  I did not consider movement skills in the 12 that I came up with. as I was considering Combat related toggles  But I think Hover and Evasive flight should count just as Combat Jumping and Acrobatics should as they all have some non redundant value in combat.   I also missed Dual Pistols Swap Ammo - Definitely this should count at a toggle.   I think its reasonable  restrict any skill used solely for movement. in the total Toggle Count and 

Thus

Dark Armor - the king of toggles. (6) 

Dual Pistols Swap ammo  (1)

Hover/Evasive flight (2)

Combat Jumping /Acrobatics (2)  optionally  Stealth/Infiltraion Or Sprit Ward/ Enflame.

Assault/Tactics/Manuevers (3)

Toughness/Weave (2)

Lightning Field (1)

So Dual Pistols/Dark Armor/Electricity with the add ons can net you

17 Toggles.  

This could be fun.

My Sentinels: 108 Wat/SR.  90 Wat/Reg,. 68 DP/Dark. 63 Ar/Nin, 62 Rad/EA, 53 Ice/Stone, 53 En/EA.  50 Dark/Rad.  49 Psy/Will.  25 Storm/EA

15 minutes ago, Exqzr984 said:

O.k. did some more on this.  I did not consider movement skills in the 12 that I came up with. as I was considering Combat related toggles  But I think Hover and Evasive flight should count just as Combat Jumping and Acrobatics should as they all have some non redundant value in combat.   I also missed Dual Pistols Swap Ammo - Definitely this should count at a toggle.   I think its reasonable  restrict any skill used solely for movement. in the total Toggle Count and 

Thus

Dark Armor - the king of toggles. (6) 

Dual Pistols Swap ammo  (1)

Hover/Evasive flight (2)

Combat Jumping /Acrobatics (2)  optionally  Stealth/Infiltraion Or Sprit Ward/ Enflame.

Assault/Tactics/Manuevers (3)

Toughness/Weave (2)

Lightning Field (1)

So Dual Pistols/Dark Armor/Electricity with the add ons can net you

17 Toggles.  

This could be fun.

As mentioned above, Electric Blast has a toggle too and with the name "Voltaic Sentinel," it almost begs to be used by a Sentinel.  🙂  However Voltaic Sentinel does have an end cost to that toggle whereas Swap Ammo doesn't.

But in your counting of toggles above, you do need to count your travel toggles of Fly and Super Jump as they are pre-requisites for getting Evasive Maneuvers and Acrobatics.  Sure, you could get the clicky attacks, but if you're going for "Max" toggles, you'll want to get these travel powers and count them.  And you might as well count Sprint and Ninja/Athletic Run too.  (21 toggles total,)

And just plugging these powers into Mids real quick.... You can get all these toggles, but you will only have 2 attacks from your Primary (one will be low level at least) and then either Boxing / Kick from Fighting as a prerequisite and either Chain Fences / Havoc Punch from your Epic Pool (also pre-reqs).  

While I get the concept and fun of it, it may be a PITA to play (and maybe even boring too).  If you want to actually use all the toggles, you will be chasing endurance for set bonuses like mad.  Not saying you can't or shouldn't do this - just giving a heads up warning.  If you do make it - share your build.  I'd love to see what you ultimately come up with.  😄  

Here is an update:

I managed to make a Stable build at Level 50 with 15 Toggles using Dual Pistols, Dark Armor and Electricity.  The build features 24 slots dedidated to Endurance Modification.  6 in each of Stamina, Chain Fences, Static Field and Soul Transfer.  I have a 16th Toggle (Spirit Ward) which is just a bit too much to sustain without say Cardio as the Alpha.  Endurance Serum is running all the time as well.  The build can survive 4/8 Radios but it is squishy - more than I thought it would be.  I leaned quite a bit in doing this particularly in how to keep up endurance at all levels.  I also quite like Infiltraion - a skill I had never even considered in the past.  In fact I have developed a whole new appreciation for the Concealment powers.

Note, I tried something similar with a scrapper using Psychic Melee and Bio Armor.  Got to 14 toggles.  That build is MUCH better ad I dont really know why but it performs so well I may just keep the crazy toggle build on the Scrapper, but I do not think I can run a 15 toggle Sentinel Build as a serious contender for long term play value (Maybe 13 would be the realistic upper limit for a strong character that is heavy on the toggles.

image.png.74c403b182addba3cc7d0ebe1e154216.png