Cyclops Log Parsing Tool 1.2

Am getting an error:

Unable to read line from "....\\Logs\\2024-02-22.txt": Error { kind: InvalidData, message: "stream did not contain valid UTF-8" }

It appears to come from a channel welcome message where they are using extended ascii (quote) characters:

> please also join affiliated channels For badge hunting type: /chanjoin Torchbearer Badges ? For Trials & Task(strike)forces type: /chanjoin Torchbearer TFs ?

can manually delete those, but maybe those chars can be filtered out?

Edited by JoeTivo

4 hours ago, JoeTivo said:

Am getting an error:

Unable to read line from "....\\Logs\\2024-02-22.txt": Error { kind: InvalidData, message: "stream did not contain valid UTF-8" }

It appears to come from a channel welcome message where they are using extended ascii (quote) characters:

> please also join affiliated channels For badge hunting type: /chanjoin Torchbearer Badges ? For Trials & Task(strike)forces type: /chanjoin Torchbearer TFs ?

Yes, you can filter those out. If you could send me a log via forum message. I can try and handle that type of message properly.

7 hours ago, JoeTivo said:

Am getting an error:

I have a fix, more like bad data you go into the trash can. It does print out the offending line number.

If you see lot of those errors let me know. Look like chat messages and message of day text can contain non-UTF text.

• 3 weeks later
  • Retired Community Rep
7 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Any interesting insights?

Just that I wished the CoH ingame timer went down to miliseconds :classic_biggrin:

One thing I wanted to mention, which has nothing to do with my tests, is that roleplayers don't really have a good log cleaning tool, and I think this tool could be used for this. If you you added a mode that allowed players to pick the channels they want to keep (local/emotes/request for roleplaying, etc), and then cleaned up the log by removing all the other channels, and timestamps and channel names; and then delivered that cleaned up log to the user? Would be a godsend.

Not sure if this is of interest to you, but you did ask.:classic_laugh:

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

4 hours ago, Americas Angel said:

Just that I wished the CoH ingame timer went down to miliseconds :classic_biggrin:

One thing I wanted to mention, which has nothing to do with my tests, is that roleplayers don't really have a good log cleaning tool, and I think this tool could be used for this. If you you added a mode that allowed players to pick the channels they want to keep (local/emotes/request for roleplaying, etc), and then cleaned up the log by removing all the other channels, and timestamps and channel names; and then delivered that cleaned up log to the user? Would be a godsend.

Send me an example with before and after logs. DM or forum message. Sounds very doable and not that hard. Famous last words. 🙂

5 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Send me an example with before and after logs. DM or forum message. Sounds very doable and not that hard. Famous last words. 🙂

Should be, I did a perl script that just prints out all the chat messages (I think).

while($line = <FILE>) {
    chomp($line);
    chop($line) if ($line =~ /\r$/);
    $line =~ s/<color #[\d\w]{6}>|<bgcolor #[\d\w]{6}>//g;
    print $line, "\n" if ($line =~ m/^\d\d\d\d-\d\d-\d\d \d\d:\d\d:\d\d \[[\s\w]+\]/);
  }

Of course, this has the assumption that one has timestamps turned on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Love me some numbers. 

I did a parse on my Fire/Storm/Levi troller as I was interested in how much my damage was split between my primary and secondary.

Was very interested to find out how much heavy lifting the ATO psi damage proc and energy font proc was doing in my Tornado vs Waterspout with no procs. 

Also Hot feet+arma proc = 25% my total damage

Fire cage spam every other attack = 11% of my total damage. 

Water spout (no procs) = only 2%

So now I can proc it out and retest to see how much extra damage I get. Then decide if its worth while to keep that or respec and test say Stone with a proc'd fissure spam. 

Could not do that without the tool so thumbs up from me b(^_^)b

Also Might test proc'd out Hot Feet vs 5x Arma 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer

8 hours ago, Black_Assassin said:

Love me some numbers. 

I did a parse on my Fire/Storm/Levi troller as I was interested in how much my damage was split between my primary and secondary.

Was very interested to find out how much heavy lifting the ATO psi damage proc and energy font proc was doing in my Tornado vs Waterspout with no procs. 

Also Hot feet+arma proc = 25% my total damage

Fire cage spam every other attack = 11% of my total damage. 

Water spout (no procs) = only 2%

So now I can proc it out and retest to see how much extra damage I get. Then decide if its worth while to keep that or respec and test say Stone with a proc'd fissure spam. 

Could not do that without the tool so thumbs up from me b(^_^)b

Also Might test proc'd out Hot Feet vs 5x Arma 

The only thing that can get close to nuke damage are damage auras. So, I am not surprised Hot feet is #1. 

Were you testing against mobs or pylons? I haven't been impressed with Water spout, too small, too much time spent wandering from target to target.

1 minute ago, KaizenSoze said:

The only thing that can get close to nuke damage are damage auras. So, I am not surprised Hot feet is #1. 

Were you testing against mobs or pylons? I haven't been impressed with Water spout, too small, too much time spent wandering from target to target.

Yeah, I was so surprised. Just never clicks that its doing damage since I'm not pressing buttons.

It was 1 full clear of Unai Kemens first mission the council empire 20x portals one in PI. 

Was trying to drop WS on cooldown, i think its higher base recharge vs tornado really does hurt it. 

2 minutes ago, Black_Assassin said:

Yeah, I was so surprised. Just never clicks that its doing damage since I'm not pressing buttons.

It was 1 full clear of Unai Kemens first mission the council empire 20x portals one in PI. 

Was trying to drop WS on cooldown, i think its higher base recharge vs tornado really does hurt it. 

How much damage did Tornado do? It was the potential to do a lot, but I haven't tested it.

3 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

How much damage did Tornado do? It was the potential to do a lot, but I haven't tested it.

According to the parse:

Nado had 19050 base damage (for some reason isn't showing the number of activations)

Spout down at 6834

On my build nado has 17.73s cd and spout 51.86. 

so depending on my clicking etc its probably about 2 nado's for every 1 spout upwards to 2.88 if i'm casting perfectly on CD.

The napkin maths seems to imply they are actually doing the same damage (6834*2.79=19066). Just cant get many of them out. Maybe I am being harsh on it. 

Would have to see how much lifting a proc bombed fissure could do to compare.

Also, you get the coralax pet too which did 24302 over 5 summons on the 1 run. So that was 8% of my total damage. So the APP contributed 10% overall. Would potentially be more if I swap the two -res procs in spout (rely purely on them in freezing rain) and put two damage procs in. 

Would be interested to see if Earth mastery can contribute a similar total damage out put with say this slotting 

image.png.bc19c33ae30a3766f70bf03bf3cf4989.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2024 at 1:59 AM, Americas Angel said:

So, I tested a few things. Chat is easy, I am already parsing those into their own category.

Not sure what a request for roleplay looks like. 🙂

Emotes are a problem. Because it's just, player name emote. Like [timestamp] Kaizen waves. I could capture the player's emotes, because I know their name. Other players emotes are an issue.

59 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Hey Kaisen:

Do you think this is something that could be formatted to work in the City Mod Installer (https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/49175-city-mod-installer-released/) to make it even easier to get started? 

I downloaded it a few months ago and couldn't seem to get it to work, but I haven't tried again.

Yes, in time I want it to be in the COH installer, but it needs more polish before it can be added to the installer.

If you try the newest version and have issues. Let me know.