Crowd-sourcing costume ideas, any help?

Generator

Hey,

So last night my Elec/Elec Sentinel (Ann Ionic) got to level 22.  Her basic concept is, "Former associate of the Outcasts, as if they had gotten female members like the Hellions and Skulls did in the late-Live era" and her costume is basically using the costume creator to get as close as possible to an Outcast Charger, just on a woman.  I'll post a screenshot of it tonight, just for completeness' sake.

So now she's into her 20s, and I think she needs another costume.  I want a look that kind of says, "I'm starting to branch out past my identity as a member of the Outcasts, but I'm not some full-on master villain just yet."

Actual design specs are few.  She's got blonde hair and blue skin; both those points are non-negotiable, so I'd like any color scheme to not clash with that.  Her power customizations, though, are open to recoloring; right now they're white with blue, but that could easily be changed.  As I said before, I think the key thing here is nothing too, I don't know, over the top I guess.

If anyone has a knack for costume design and wants to give suggestions, I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Thanks so much for your time!

Generator

I have an elec/elec blaster.  I kind of tinker with the costume and auras.  If I give my character a metallic suit then the electrical aura is all over.  Spandex I keep the hand uncovered (long sleeve) and have the electrical aura in the hands only.  Short sleeve shirt, aura in the arms and hands.  Electrical eyes for when he's angry - think mr potato head from toy story with his angry face.

Design is kinda tough - there's the electricity and lighting costume designs.  Maybe a retro look with rings and such.  Maybe even change the aura color to denote electrical strength like uhm, maybe purple for lowest and white for highest.

Just really thinking aloud and typing.  :)

Just some general ideas here. If you are looking to expand out but still maintain your roots, try something simple like throwing a jacket over  your current uniform. The biker jacket makes for good traditional 'street tough' look. The cybertech jackets are sleek and have glow lines in them, which is nice for energy based characters. I'm also fond of the various strapped and buckled leather sets as well for a tougher and less traditionally super look of tights.

If you want to head in a tights direction, but not go all the way then maybe just go for a top but with jeans or cargo pants on the bottoms. Another option is to add some tech-looking bits, especially gloves. Story explanation as 'booster tech' that you stole on one of your heists. The key is to make small changes to your existing outfit showing gradual evolution.

For a "starter hero" outfit I always liked the Defense set or the Bodysuit Armored look.  Its canned enough that it looks store bought, for someone who hasnt found their "hero identity" or whatever yet.  And functional for protection, which most heroes would want that arent invulnerable for some reason.  After there, I can throw on some street level accoutrements(sp?), like a backwards hat, bandana, sunglasses, whathaveyou.  I like doing evolutionary costumes, starting with streetclothes, then starter, then full hero.

@Titomancer: back in the day, there was only one of my characters for whom my costume set was literally a full biographical progression: my Elec^2 Brute, OhmWrecker.  He went from "Just a guy working on the PTS" to "Fledgling villain" to "Professional a**-kicker" to "Heir of eldritch Mu power." Which, okay, that last was just the previous stage with a Mu helmet on, by the end I was running out of steam. :)  Very proud of him.

Good food for thought here.  I'll start experimenting with stuff tonight as opportunity permits.