New lvl 50 Dark/SR advice and alpha?

Wolfboy1

So I just dinged 50 on this Dark/SR Sent and now im trying to figure out what sort of Alpha I should unlock.  More damage is always nice but im wondering if it may not be the right choice on this char.

Here is my build for critique as well.  I believe I am soft capped def wise but my resistances could be better maybe?  Any insight would be very appreciated.

Sentinel (Dark Blast - Super Reflexes).mbd

Alpha slot abilities are like slotting extra enhancements. You can only improve attributes your powers accept enhancements for. So if you don't have powers that accept resist enhancements, you won't increase your resists even if you slot Cardiac or Resilient. If you don't need to buff your defenses, my inclination would be Musculature Radial. In addition to damage, it will also boost end mod and -tohit.

2 hours ago, Uun said:

Alpha slot abilities are like slotting extra enhancements. You can only improve attributes your powers accept enhancements for. So if you don't have powers that accept resist enhancements, you won't increase your resists even if you slot Cardiac or Resilient. If you don't need to buff your defenses, my inclination would be Musculature Radial. In addition to damage, it will also boost end mod and -tohit.

I feel like this is the right and only answer. 

Appreciated.  Your absolutely right in the fact I only have one Resistance power going and 20% on that feels like peanuts.  I think in this case a good offense is the better defense.

On 6/17/2024 at 6:51 AM, Wolfboy1 said:

Dark/SR Sent

I really like Intuition in the Alpha slot because it can boost damage, range & holds, (dark blast has one, and you can get a 2nd in your APP/PPP).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biostem said:

I really like Intuition in the Alpha slot because it can boost damage, range & holds, (dark blast has one, and you can get a 2nd in your APP/PPP).

Agreed.  If one doesn't need the extra End Modification, may as well go Intuition for those blasts.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, biostem said:

Really!?  Oh now I have to look at that!

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Wolfboy1 said:

I have to look at that

Here's a good overview of each Alpha slot ability.  The damage boost is Intuition's tertiary ability, so you need to get up to the 3rd rank/tier to actually receive the damage boost...

Just now, biostem said:

Here's a good overview of each Alpha slot ability.  The damage boost is Intuition's tertiary ability, so you need to get up to the 3rd rank/tier to actually receive the damage boost...

Ahh yes, I was aware that one has to get a bit into the alpha slot to get some of the other goodies.  Looks like the Radial side is the one to go for as well in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 1