Aim and location AoE

Tankshock

Yes. The game applies your stats to the power, and powers like Aim buff your stats.

I don't recall whether location AoE powers take a snapshot of your stats at the time of casting, or if they update as your stats change. If it's the latter, then when Aim wears off, your Rain of Fire will start doing less damage.

I don't recall whether location AoE powers take a snapshot of your stats at the time of casting, or if they update as your stats change. If it's the latter, then when Aim wears off, your Rain of Fire will start doing less damage.

It's somewhere between the two. They inherit your buffs including any remaining duration.

Defender Smash!

I believe this was thrashed out in the thread on Burn, where people were seeing this specific pattern -- instead of the power delivering the damage with Build Up or Aim boosting it, it would do one tick of damage at the boosted level, then drop back to 'normal'; the supposition that the pseudo-pet spawned by Burn inherits your buffs and their durations when created was confirmed there.