Fastest map clearer MM combo?

BazookaTwo

All things considered. And I know that's broad. Generally what's the MM combo known to clear maps the fastest? Is this a ridiculous question? Maybe. Just trying to fish for opinions and data. How would you design for such a build? 

I'm leaning towards this being a ridiculous question, if only because I believe that many different MM builds could end up with similar sorts of clear times. Critter AI behavior can also factor into "map clearing" in ways that some combos could be better suited to handle than others.

The secondary choices that I think would have relatively slow map clear times would be those builds that focus on buffing/healing the henchmen... because buffing and healing don't directly contribute to clearing.

As for primaries? I want to say that Robotics may be the top, only because the henchmen are nearly pure ranged attackers. If the henchmen don't need to move, that ought to improve x8 clear times. If the maps are filled with x1 spawns, then other primaries should be faster.

• Like 2

Well, if you're gonna tackle +4+8, you're gonna need some toughness.  I never thought of myself as a high-DPS, but I only have 2 tricked out incarnates, one MM and one claws scrapper.  The MM can take out a pylon at a decent pace.  The scrapper cannot, even though I built, including incarnate, for damage.  Ironically she can tank 5 monsters on monster island in PI, even though not built for toughness.  I think there's an imbalance there somewhere.

P.S. I don't claim to have some well-designed DPS build, just that I took the DPS stuff in incarnate and most damages are in the 130% range.

14 hours ago, BazookaTwo said:

All things considered. And I know that's broad. Generally what's the MM combo known to clear maps the fastest? Is this a ridiculous question? Maybe. Just trying to fish for opinions and data. How would you design for such a build? 

Not a ridiculous question no but a loaded one because not every mission is the same and not every mm with varying primaries and secondaries can handle things the same.    Its a very vague goal, really.

If you're just looking for raw damage on paper, people will tell you taking /storm with primaries that have the multiple mob summons like necro, thugs etc for example.... however then you're not going to be very resilient and more team centric with others for your survival needs. 

Also, clearing fast is also relative.   People will think for example that +4/8 fast clearing is the goal but for MM's that not necessarily the optimal consideration in all or many cases where a +3 is going to be more efficient because of survivability and capabilities (due to the pet level disparities to what you're fighting).

You're essentially wanting a cookie cutter answer and like with -any- AT discussion section, there is no cookie cutter answer really to give because there are too many dynamic variables that have to (or arent able to) be accounted for.

So consider more your specific play/post 50 goals,  look over the mm section, take a build someone has or one you make yourself that you think matches closer those goals, then post and then let others give you feed back.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

My first thought was bots/storm, but just a gut feeling.   Necro/storm would be a good one as well with the buffs it has gotten and there sheer amount of pets you can get.  As others have said though there are a lot of variables that can affect things, but either of those should certainly rip through things.