Fire/Fire PVE brute?

Daramar

Does anybody have a PVE fire /fire brute build I can look at to get some ideas? I suck at building from scratch, but I do like taking a build and tweaking it to my playstyle.  95% solo but I do group to play with friends.

I'm trying to remake a COV Brute I had on live , but all I can find are Farm builds.

Thanks

Fire/Fire is better on a tank. Tanks have larger radii and target caps on their AoE and cones, plus they get Combustion instead of Cremate for an additional PBAoE attack. My build is attached below. If you decide to go brute anyway, you should be able to adapt it.

Uunferno - Tanker (Fiery Aura).mbd

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I have a Fire/Fire Brute. Smash, Lethal and Melee defenses were pushed to 33% (38% with Barrier) so a small purple softcaps them (50% with the small purple) as a little extra layer of protection, S/L resistances want Barrier to get the last 5%.

Brute (Fire Fire).mbd

On 6/27/2024 at 7:24 AM, Uun said:

Fire/Fire is better on a tank. Tanks have larger radii and target caps on their AoE and cones, plus they get Combustion instead of Cremate for an additional PBAoE attack.

I fully concur.

You don't have to actively tank for a group, but as a tanker you'll have an easier time hitting your resistances and able to slot procs easier. The extra AoE in Combustion is nice.

@Sovera I've only used fly on ranged toons, and I've never used Evasive Maneuvers. The description says Defense is lost if you attack, buff, use pets, or interact with objectives. So what benefit do you get? When/how would I use it?

20 hours ago, Daramar said:

@Sovera I've only used fly on ranged toons, and I've never used Evasive Maneuvers. The description says Defense is lost if you attack, buff, use pets, or interact with objectives. So what benefit do you get? When/how would I use it?

Extra flying speed, both on Hover and on Fly. You need both Fly, Evasive Maneuvers, AND Afterburner to reach close (but not completely) to the speed cap. Without EM you will be much slower.

EM is also another LotG mule, gives knockback resistance, and fly debuff resistance. So it should always be on once you pick it.

Travel powers are a personal choice though. If preferring Super Jump or Super Speed or what ever it might be then go for it.

Edited by Sovera