Graphics display update? Hurricane and in power customization.

UltraAlt

I first saw this going on with Hurricane used by my character maybe with in the last 2 weeks or so.

I haven't changed any of my graphics settings for probably years at this point.

I couldn't see the VFX of my hurricane, so I asked my teammates if they could see it and they said that they could.

I use 

/macro fx0 "noparticles 1"

/macro fx1 "noparticles 0"

... but I had the particles turned on.

Suppress FX when close is enabled

Particle Physics Quality is on High

I'm not sure what other settings might affect the Hurricane VFX

Last night a made a new character.

When I was in the character creator, I couldn't see the power VFX.

I tried going into the tailor to check it once I zone in (Everlasting). Still the same thing.

I went to the tailor with that character again today. Same thing.

I tried another character on Everlasting. I could see - I think - the first of the 2 color customization on some of the powers in the primary set but not the other color.

I went to Indominable and took one of my characters there to the tailor. Same thing for the character's primary powers, but I think I can see all the dual pistol VFX.

I went over to Reunion. Same thing.

No visible power VFX when looking at the primary and secondary powers.

It doesn't seem like anything was supposed to have changed over the last couple of weeks, but I'm not sure how long this may have gone on. I am not sure when the last time I went in to customize a characters power customization.

The other weird thing that I found tonight is that rocket boots aren't showing the VFX.

I thought I had made sure it was on, so I went to a tailor contact to check. It was on, but it said my weapon wasn't correct so I changed that and saved out.

Still no VFX on the boots.

Went back in to the tailor and changed to Jump + Flight and not just "flight".

Still no VFX on the boots.

VFX on the character's Rogers Rocket Pack when in flight works.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I'm pretty sure this is a known bug. Maybe going back years. May want to do a deep dive into past bug reports.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

8 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

I'm pretty sure this is a known bug. Maybe going back years. May want to do a deep dive into past bug reports.

Only started to happen to me over the last couple of weeks.

I've have been playing on Homecoming for years.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

... and my flying carpets have gone invisible ... but not the trail behind them ... I can still see that just not the carpet itself.

Rocket boards are showing up as usual.

On 6/28/2024 at 12:28 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

Perhaps a reinstall of the game files might resolve the issue?

I assume that means others aren't having the same issue.

I'm going to start with a validate game files.

51 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I'm going to start with a validate game files.

Validating the games files did not resolve the issue.

On 6/27/2024 at 5:24 AM, UltraAlt said:

Suppress FX when close is enabled

...is what was doing it.

Apparently, something changed in the last couple of weeks in regard to "Suppress FX when Close".

As far as I could tell before, it did absolutely nothing. I had it on because a friend suggested it to me at some point years ago and I just left it on and saved so that my newer characters have it on from the get go (as it was saved).

Turning it off allows me to see everything indicated I could no longer see in my OP; powers FX in when editing a costume, hurricane, magic carpet, and the rocket boot FX.

...so ....

On 6/28/2024 at 12:28 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

reinstall of the game files

... not required, but thanks for the suggestion.

20 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

spacer.png

kuuga-thumbs-up-kuuga-team-thumbs-up.gif