[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for July 6th, 2024 - Issue 28: Legacy, Page 1 - Build 1

On 7/9/2024 at 8:48 AM, Shin Magmus said:

So to start: the Labyrinth of Fog Raid zone is extremely cool, but players complain about it not being easy/solo-friendly/casual enough when the closest analogue to The Labyrinth would be Hamidon in The Hive: it literally has LFG League queue support in order to facilitate more than 8 players at once.  This new content is to have something else "at endgame" that is fun and profitable for well-built characters: so the playerbase can do things like Advanced Mode TFs and Labyrinth runs instead of sitting in AE farms.  This new content is not for you to succeed at with 3 friends and half-assed builds.  I thought the description in the patch notes was very clear, but I guess it wasn't.

I'll reiterate my thoughts about testing content like this: I'm excited to get big leagues for it on Live, but I don't expect any reasonable way to test it on Open Beta at the scale that it was designed for.  Trying to get enough players together to test just this, in my timezone, just won't be possible. 

The patch notes should remove anything that talks about soloing so there is no confusion. Even just exploring solo depending on your buiild may be impossible for the Labyrinth. Realistically not every player even takes a stealth power.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

For the record

I am a badge hunter,  and frankly the whole concept of the Laberynth is totally underwhelming for me, The only reason I would bother with this material is for the badges and nothing else. Same effect happened with LG TF star challenge, I suffered through it for the badges, once I got them, I will never return to it. Of course from my perspective, needing a raid size team to do get the badges, strikes me as utterly dumb, like I could casually form a raid size group and the 47 other players would be so willing to get the 14 badges the zone offers, I am still laughing out load at the insanity of this possibly happening.

just saying

Regards

• Thumbs Down 6
  • Microphone 1

Request: Pretty please can we have generic civilian models for the Aether shop rewards?

Some of us need convincing secret identities, or a reason why our rogue Arachnos are going unmolested while sporting very obvious Arachnos hardware!

• Like 1

• Game Master
Posted (edited)

BeExcellent2EachOther.jpg

Also: please try to keep the commentary on what's in these patch notes, whether you like the new stuff or not, and not on what you WISH these patch notes contained.

Edited by GM_GooglyMoogly
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 7:34 AM, Ruin Mage said:

Possible answer; They want to release a whole swathe of content, not a grain of content.

That would actually be an interesting way to go — groups making tentative inroads here and there to see if they can establish a foothold in a new town. So you’d only find mobs in very limited areas, not spread throughout the zone.

On 7/9/2024 at 12:37 PM, burneden said:

I definitely get what you are saying but the devs themselves said in the patch notes it could be braved by determined solo players and I just don't see how that is supposed to be possible, I haven't seen a single person who could as my above post mentions, even my best builds couldn't stand on their own for more than a minute and those are builds which tackle hard mode end game content with 0 issue and can solo basically anything, only way you could "solo" this is by using stealth to get around everywhere not attacking anything and even then there are mob groups in the labyrinth that just ignore stealth completely.

• Labyrinth of Fog is an extremely vast (40+ floors) mission-style zone filled with Level 54+1 enemies to battle for increased rewards.
    • It is intended this zone be tackled with a Team or League, but can be braved by determined solo players!

EDIT: I just realized I clicked on Build 1 not Build 3 like I thought. Please to ignore comment.

Yeah, everything after the comma should be deleted because it’s misleading.

”Soloing” has always meant “fighting alone” not “sneaking around hoping not to be noticed”.

I think expectations should be set correctly from the get-go just to avoid complaints.

Edited by Trike
  • Thumbs Up 1

Please, please, PLEASE let us have true "mini-sized" character costume options fromthe Aether vendors, like the "immature Crey Protectors".

It's the closest we can hope for in terms of a "size change" power, and that's fine.

The "bobblehead mini" costume is fine for some people, but a lot of us really would prefer a symmetrical miniature build.

Thank you!

So I tried the Laberynth in Everlasting, after reading in close detail the patch notes, which kinda helped. But what helped was the massive player participation, and the tremendous good will displayed by many player, that helped get the badges I desired and learn what the heck was going on. So yes, after a few get wasted, since I was playing a defender, and the league began to coalesce together we began to crush whatever got on our way, I was pleasantly surprised how our level shift began to increase, but frankly, I have no idea why it was increasing, at times I was just cruising around stealthed looking for the secret room and my level shift was increasing and decreasing, no idea why, but heck I took it. While moving along with the murder ball, we came across the Minotaur, I went oh S^*T, we gonna get wasted, but by then our level shift was like +10 so we rushed the Minotaur, during the battle I received a note, if I wanted to fight it at the arena, I wondered what the ?, but said yes (not bright of me) and hoped the rest of the league would say yes, which they did. In the mino arena, for lack of better words, we went on to trash him, and to my surprise gladiators came to beat us and got wasted with the deluge of AOEs. Got the mino and gladiator badge out of it, not bad. went on looking for the other special areas, and wasted the mino and friends three more times, it was kinda anti-climatic by the third time, of course, I say that because we had the level shifts on our side otherwise, we would have been thrashed, I will be quick to admit, the period of building the higher level shift put a bit of an edge, cause we knew we could not take on the mino, but once we got there, we became very much at peace and confident.

I now have all the badges, so my main goal has been accomplished. I still need to learn the ropes, like how to get to the center area, and whatever other technicalities in the zone, which is born out of curiosity.

The zone is challenging indeed, but very much dependent on having at least two teams of 8 to have a semblance of a chance, if you just want to go to a place and trash baddies, this is the premier place to do it. The one thing that this zone failed to do for me, is give a sense of completion or achievement, it is in a way lacking something. When compared to other raid sized zones such as MSR it is about the same, but without the power leveling for low level characters which is a very big sell thing for MSR. When compared to Hami, it does not require the same level of coordination, and lacks the end of the hami kill rewards which makes the zone worth doing. What the mino gave me after beating it, was sadly underwhelming and maybe that is what is missing. If the defeat was worth say 120 merits, it may go a long way towards given a sense of completion and achievement as opposed to something I killed along my walk.

I fear as the novelty of the zone wears out, it may be a potentially abandoned and become ignored zone, by wed night, the ability to fully fill the raid team became difficult, by 9pm central the best we could muster was 2 and half teams of 8...

I do recognize, that an incredible amount of work went into this release, and it was of very good quality. did not had any glitches that experienced, which is rare in industry, Kudos to the developers!

Regards