Stone/StrJ Build Help!

thecodemonk

I've been loving my stone/StrJ tanker with just some basic IOs but I'm into the mid-30s and not sure what else to pick or change for sets.  I've been spoiled by my /SR brute with an easy path to soft capping defense and I'd love to make my stone tank just as tough when solo (he does great in any team that has any defense buffs...though he eats through blue insp like...well...candy).

I spent some time in mids and I'm cross-eyed trying to close the fire/cold hole and I have no idea what to do with the final few powers.

Early leveling was easy with a chain of initial strike -> heavy blow -> initial strike -> sweeping cross and now, in my 30s, I'm pretty constantly attacking with initial strike -> heavy blow -> Rib Cracker -> [Finisher] (alternating between spinning strike and crushing uppercut).

This is as far as I got and I feel like I'm way off on what and where to put things but I've been staring at it for a few hours and have no idea where to go next.  Help? (can't figure out how to do the fancy export into forum mode where it lays it all out).

Concrete Pebble (Stone Armor - Street Justice).mbd

It's possible to have soft capped defenses, but you'll have to work for it. Here's one that I built in Mids. I have a StJ/Shield scrapper that is fun, and I've been thinking about making a StJ Tank. Stone Armor checks off a lot of the "wishes" for a Tank Primary....  ability to soft cap S/L/F/C/E/NE/Psi, decent resists, damage aura, respectable Regen, a nice heal, DDR, and a few other Debuff Resistances.

Here's what I've thrown together. Please note, since Mids was updated a while back, the SMotT Proc (+6.7% to resistances) is NOT showing up in your values. So, your Resistances will look like this with 1 stack of SMotT:

S/L  68.07

F/C  95.22

E/NE  53.58

Toxic  83.09

Psi  25.7

HOWEVER, let me point out that your Defenses look like:

S/L 52.04

F/C 46.67

E/NE 47.14

Toxic 21.04

Psi  50.03

Melee 33.54

Ranged 21.04

AoE 35.1

Your Regen rate is 69.3 HP/Sec.

Like I said, I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a StJ Tank. I'm leaning towards Stone, but time will tell. I hope this gives you some help/inspiration.

-x

Tanker (Stone Armor - Street Justice).mbd

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 8:26 PM, thecodemonk said:

I've been loving my stone/StrJ tanker with just some basic IOs but I'm into the mid-30s and not sure what else to pick or change for sets.  I've been spoiled by my /SR brute with an easy path to soft capping defense and I'd love to make my stone tank just as tough when solo (he does great in any team that has any defense buffs...though he eats through blue insp like...well...candy).

I spent some time in mids and I'm cross-eyed trying to close the fire/cold hole and I have no idea what to do with the final few powers.

Early leveling was easy with a chain of initial strike -> heavy blow -> initial strike -> sweeping cross and now, in my 30s, I'm pretty constantly attacking with initial strike -> heavy blow -> Rib Cracker -> [Finisher] (alternating between spinning strike and crushing uppercut).

This is as far as I got and I feel like I'm way off on what and where to put things but I've been staring at it for a few hours and have no idea where to go next.  Help? (can't figure out how to do the fancy export into forum mode where it lays it all out).

Concrete Pebble (Stone Armor - Street Justice).mbd 39.25 kB · 8 downloads

I have a whole thread on Stone Armor in my signature and while it does not have Street Justice in particular it does have a framework purpose made to be adapted to other sets.

There is no reason to feel unspoiled by Stone as it gets to softcap by level 13 (leveling with amplifiers) and by 25/30 it is softcapped without amplifiers. Weave is just a mule but can be turned on if facing defense debuffers to put defenses at 50%. Barrier pushes it to 55%.

It also ends with a neat row of 70% to all resists (fire and cold higher than that actually) with one stack of the ATO, 76% with two stacks, and 81% with 5% from Barrier on top of that.

Fire and Cold are the 'hole' in the set where it has no defenses but the set relies on resistances for them instead as two stacks of the ATO leaves them at 87% and Barrier spackles over the last 3%.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

I have a whole thread on Stone Armor in my signature and while it does not have Street Justice in particular it does have a framework purpose made to be adapted to other sets.

There is no reason to feel unspoiled by Stone as it gets to softcap by level 13 (leveling with amplifiers) and by 25/30 it is softcapped without amplifiers. Weave is just a mule but can be turned on if facing defense debuffers to put defenses at 50%. Barrier pushes it to 55%.

It also ends with a neat row of 70% to all resists (fire and cold higher than that actually) with one stack of the ATO, 76% with two stacks, and 81% with 5% from Barrier on top of that.

Fire and Cold are the 'hole' in the set where it has no defenses but the set relies on resistances for them instead as two stacks of the ATO leaves them at 87% and Barrier spackles over the last 3%.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread!  That helped a lot!

Here's where the target end-game build stands so far with all the influence (impact, not money) I got from your guide.  Some things I'm not sure how to fully replace (the fact that spinning strike is somehow categorized as a "targetted AoE" rather than a PBAoE locked me out of Armageddon).  I went Psionic Mastery over Energy Mastery more for concept reasons.  Happy to get any feedback on any stupid decisions I made out of ignorance!

14 hours ago, Xandyr said:

It's possible to have soft capped defenses, but you'll have to work for it. Here's one that I built in Mids. I have a StJ/Shield scrapper that is fun, and I've been thinking about making a StJ Tank. Stone Armor checks off a lot of the "wishes" for a Tank Primary....  ability to soft cap S/L/F/C/E/NE/Psi, decent resists, damage aura, respectable Regen, a nice heal, DDR, and a few other Debuff Resistances.

Here's what I've thrown together. Please note, since Mids was updated a while back, the SMotT Proc (+6.7% to resistances) is NOT showing up in your values. So, your Resistances will look like this with 1 stack of SMotT:

S/L  68.07

F/C  95.22

E/NE  53.58

Toxic  83.09

Psi  25.7

HOWEVER, let me point out that your Defenses look like:

S/L 52.04

F/C 46.67

E/NE 47.14

Toxic 21.04

Psi  50.03

Melee 33.54

Ranged 21.04

AoE 35.1

Your Regen rate is 69.3 HP/Sec.

Like I said, I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a StJ Tank. I'm leaning towards Stone, but time will tell. I hope this gives you some help/inspiration.

-x

Tanker (Stone Armor - Street Justice).mbd 40.31 kB · 1 download

Woah...looking at the build now and it gives me all sorts of ideas on street justice!  Off to tweak my build to match the ideas in here!!  Thanks!

5 hours ago, thecodemonk said:

Thanks for pointing me to that thread!  That helped a lot!

Here's where the target end-game build stands so far with all the influence (impact, not money) I got from your guide.  Some things I'm not sure how to fully replace (the fact that spinning strike is somehow categorized as a "targetted AoE" rather than a PBAoE locked me out of Armageddon).  I went Psionic Mastery over Energy Mastery more for concept reasons.  Happy to get any feedback on any stupid decisions I made out of ignorance!

Concrete Pebble (Stone Armor - Street Justice).mbd 42.01 kB · 0 downloads

Made some truly minor tweaks to the slotting to slightly boost the damage of Crushing Uppercut and sprinkled more accuracy since without Focused Accuracy you were a bit under the cap (place your Relative Enemy Level at +3 and verify your accuracy when building). You have around 74% to most resistances with just one ATO stack which is better than my usual.

If you can be arsed pick up the accolades to boost your HP and endurance. It'll leave you HP capped and slightly more endurance will help your recovery. There's a how to for the accolades in the newbie guide in the signature though it's minimal min maxing for end game.

• Like 1